• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Fixed his avatar for him:

RHMBC9w.png

Haha

Edit: I should really post a bit more. So here are my feelings on CW shows. They always start out good and then The CW never wants them to end, so they keep approving another season and then you get Supernatural Season 11.

Parsnip

Question to anyone who has used depressuriser to do the rating thing, does it replace all your current categories, or does it only add new ones?
Or both?

Like for example, I currently have a DONE category in which I put games I'm done with.
Will that category remain intact?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4BB655ECEFF8B78C - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 10 entrants total.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4BB655ECEFF8B78C - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 10 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mystery Gift was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1465158815z1.png

tuxfool

Banned
Small reminder, the original post was at an odd time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for tuxfool:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-AFEE338A1295BC87 - Taken by fspm. 24 entrants total.
Read Only Memories -- MB-9F4D0E3975082209 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total. - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 3 entrants total.

t1465178683z1.png

Ludens

Banned
They never said it was 40 hours. They said 30 and I can confirm that figure, I'm also not particularly slow, I mix fast travel and regular travelling.

Of course I've seen people faster than that too, but to what degree of completion that remains unknown.

Yeah, you are right. I got confused because some reviewers claimed they took 40 hours to complete it.
Anyway it seems the 40 hours mark is true, a friend just told me I'm barely into half the game :l

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Xbox 360 emulator will be fully functional before we get to see a RDR port.

I feel like we're rapidly approaching the point where good emulation will make last-gen late points a lot less attractive. Dragon's Dogma's online and timing made it pretty appealing, but there's a lot of single player games without even leader board features that will end up in a weird spot.

I mean, barring an announcement really soon, Bayonetta is going to end up on PC via WiiU emulation before a port happens. I've got some mixed feelings about that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-BDDB3539D751CF92 - Taken by Barajas_201. 76 entrants total.

t1465154924z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah, dream about it. It will be 75€ like GTAV on PS4, selling it for full price on console and PC.

Nah. It's going to be a "buy the sequel" port and those are almost always cheaper, unless they contain several games. Compare Last of Us with Uncharted, 60 dollars for 1 recent game vs 60 for 3 older games, but had a sequel coming. Publishers know they can't get away with too much when their games have hit the 10 dollar bin for years at a time.

Titles like God of War 3, Dragon's Dogma, etc are generally older and so when they get late ports or remasters they end up in the 30-40 range. The only time we typically see 60 bucks are game collections or very recent games where they're trying not to devalue the original version that's still on retail shelves.

Nordicus

I have those - I think I got them as part of a bundle at some point. How do they stack up against other games in the genre?
Titan Quest was pretty widely considered the best Diablo clone since the start of 3D until the likes of Path of Exile, Torchlight 2, and of course Diablo 3 came along.

It's very good. The game's strength is its character customization in terms of builds, and although Path of Exile surpassed it in that regard later, Titan Quest still feels better to actually play.

Corpekata

Banned
At this point you might as well play Grim Dawn unless the Greek mythology setting is specifically more appealing.

Or maybe if you're broke and can't but GD right now.

Nordicus

At this point you might as well play Grim Dawn unless the Greek mythology setting is specifically more appealing.

Or you're broke.
That too, Grim Dawn is an overall improvement*, but if you simply had TQ and its expansion in your backlog then might as well try it out. Just don't stress it too much if you get bored in Act 1 because it either takes too long to switch things up, or you can't get any interesting loot that early, because Grim Dawn improves upon those things quite a bit.

*(Grim Dawn's more monotonous than Titan Quest in the final act because there you're not introduced to new monsters all that much and you fight Cthonian forces over and over. Maybe that'll change with the upcoming content though!)

dex3108

Nah. It's going to be a "buy the sequel" port and those are almost always cheaper, unless they contain several games. Compare Last of Us with Uncharted, 60 dollars for 1 recent game vs 60 for 3 older games, but had a sequel coming. Publishers know they can't get away with too much when their games have hit the 10 dollar bin for years at a time.

Titles like God of War 3, Dragon's Dogma, etc are generally older and so when they get late ports or remasters they end up in the 30-40 range. The only time we typically see 60 bucks are game collections or very recent games where they're trying not to devalue the original version that's still on retail shelves.

We are talking about R* here. If they do RDR Remastered it will be 60$ with all DLCs included and they will sell millions.

Wow awesome, I won Final Fantasy 10, thanks uncredited male. Need advice, sub or dub? Never played 10 before.

don't think you can pick the audio like that...pretty sure it's tied to the subtitles so if you pick English it'll all be English...and if you pick Japanese it'll all be Japanese

Congrats, remember to delete the & off the end of the key. If you are going to use subtitles with Japanese audio you need to mod it to avoid Japanese text.

If you have never played either before I would just stick with the dub unless it grates on you.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Tried to start playing Tales From The Borderlands the other day, found that the game doesn't save either my display settings or progress. I verified the game's cache, deleted and reinstalled, nothing worked. Realised that the game hadn't created a save game folder so I tried adding it manually but to no avail. Anyone else had this issue?

Ludens

Banned
Holy hell, I booted Hard Reset Redux and my 970 fans started spinning a lot, not even Witcher 3 is so demanding.
And I played the original Hard Reset on a Radeon HD 5200, and it was ok :S

Also this should be still valid.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a itchi.o key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dynamite Alex-- MB-B84D90AC2C7EEE02 - Taken by Vazra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom