• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, bandwidth caps are eating my alive this Summer.

Is there a solution for someone who wants to download Steam games in one location and play the games somewhere else?

It's not possible to physically move the computer.

So Mad Max can't take controller and mouse input at the same time, eh? it was a game advertised as working natively with the steam controller though... lame as hell man. Guess I gotta play it with my ps4 controller since you cant turn up the sensitivity of the right controller stick and all other right stick emulations on the controller are really slow

Jawmuncher

So Mad Max can't take controller and mouse input at the same time, eh? it was a game advertised as working natively with the steam controller though... lame as hell man. Guess I gotta play it with my ps4 controller since you cant turn up the sensitivity of the right controller stick and all other right stick emulations on the controller are really slow

I was playing it fine with the Steam Controller.

Vuze

Is there a solution for someone who wants to download Steam games in one location and play the games somewhere else?

Sure, did this all the time when I was stuck with a 2mbit/s connection. Downloaded stuff with my laptop at univesity, moved the game .acf + data folder to steam library at home PC and verified data just to make sure.
Doesn't require external tools at all.

I used to take a laptop to the university or library to dl then transfer them at home.

Copy-paste Game Folder + corresponding appmanifest file from a PC where you download freely to your own PC.

Hektor

Had a dream that Phawx and Jshackles were in a "ultimate Team Fortess 2" beta and didn't tell anyone. However it was spelled like UltTeamFrtress. We found out because someone was posting pics of pages they found links too.

Had a dream earlier this week in which i was permbanned by a new mod. I asked Stumpkapow if he could unban me, since i was innocent. He shrugged.

eh fuck mad max, doesn't wanna work and this has been a known issue that neither the devs or valve has tried to fix. I'm not in the mood of messing with the configs till i find something thats actually playable. Wish i could get a refund. :(

eh fuck mad max, doesn't wanna work and this has been a known issue that neither the devs or valve has tried to fix. I'm not in the mood of messing with the configs till i find something thats actually playable. Wish i could get a refund. :(
What is your problem? I had no issues whatsoever with it.

What is your problem? I had no issues whatsoever with it.

game doesn't allow both mouse and controller input at the same time even though its apparently a "native" steam controller game. This didn't used to be the case, before it worked fine. this is something that has at least been around for a month and no one knows if its on the controller or the game but neither valve or WB has said anything about it. :mad: it doesn't matter anymore tho, game is uninstalled. I bet it was trash anyway just like every other game from WB.

I'm not feeling too well, don't mind my grumpiness

Nabs

I don't know what's up with Avalanche, their latest JC3 patch (re)adds stuttering whenever you switch between Mouse/Controller. Buncha Jerks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Pretty sure that's a game engine thing. That's why Valve and the community came up with ways to try to get as close to the mouse feel for aiming while still having it qualify as right thumbstick to the game engines that don't like two input form swapping.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
is grow home any good? i mean it's a dollar but still, I only have 3 dollars in my paypal!

It's a funny little platformer about growing an enormous plant and climbing up it. You can beat it in a sitting, but there's collectables and secrets and achievements for doing weird things. I liked it, but wouldn't necessarily qualify it as essential. It's one of those neat arty indie games Ubisoft let's their devs do sometimes.

Ludens

Banned
I doubt Blood and Wine is 40 hours like CDPR said, but I spent 18 hours already in the game and I just did my first main quest after clearing question marks and all sides.
If the game ends up to be really 40 hours or so, I would amazingly impressed.
I'm already, because the content for now was totally worth its price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I doubt Blood and Wine is 40 hours like CDPR said, but I spent 18 hours already in the game and I just did my first main quest after clearing question marks and all sides.

I always subtract 25% from developer-touted figures to account for overstatement.

Ludens

Banned
I always subtract 25% from developer-touted figures to account for overstatement.

Well, for the first expansione CDPR stated it was around ten hours, I spent 17 hours on it, so I was pretty sure I would spend at least 50 hours in Blood and Wine. But as I wrote, for now I did everything and I'm only missing the main (and eventually new sides if they will unlock), I doubt there are other 23 hours of content here.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Wild Island Quest -- MB-381CEFC22F1D8A7A - Taken by Saty
Why so evil -- MB-7EBD52F858F3DE0B - Taken by krczt23
Iesabel -- MB-9A9FC75FD2A6E418
Airstrike HD -- MB-F57C863953094FDC - Taken by Jalal
Weapon Genius -- MB-FF115CB45E924086 - Taken by Henry Swanson

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With Witcher 3, anything is possible. I've seen many who had hundreds of hours clocked that kept finding new quests.

Yeah, that's true of open world games in general, really. Especially if you lose your save 96 hours in. ;)

Here are some games I like because it's my birthday!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg
header.jpg

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-A22922F6DECA5DF2 - Taken by Catshade. 15 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-8D079DC06B1189AE - Taken by Dragon1893. 6 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-129C19DF84FA9C5A - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Bit Blaster XL -- MB-98EA36156C090629 - Taken by Vuze. 5 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-E963B71C219EB431 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Party Saboteurs -- MB-CE78B7AECA3B2E10 - Taken by billmcdougal. 14 entrants total.

t1465155701z1.png

tuxfool

Banned

They never said it was 40 hours. They said 30 and I can confirm that figure, I'm also not particularly slow, I mix fast travel and regular travelling.

Of course I've seen people faster than that too, but to what degree of completion that remains unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom