• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah, it took me 36 hours to finish everything except for the Xtend Episodes.

No guide, but I consider myself a very fast reader.

Play The House in Fata Morgana . You're welcome.

I like you. Maybe even love.

Looks interesting! Wishlisted.

But for now it's time for me to not play ("play"?) a VN for a month or so, these things eat up 100% of my free time (and are detrimental to my sleep schedule) when they are good.

Its like 25-28 hours bro.

Looks interesting! Wishlisted.

But for now it's time for me to not play ("play"?) a VN for a month or so, these things eat up 100% of my free time (and are detrimental to my sleep schedule) when they are good.

I've never used the term "play" for VNs. You play them as much as you play books, all you do is read, it doesn't make sense.

I was just told that I'm wrong for saying that a frame-rate that doesn't go above 16-18 fps is unacceptable.
Apparently if I was able to play and beat the game, it's acceptable.
I've become a performance snob without realizing it.
And now you're complaining in the Steam thread about it.

Does the ignorance ever end with you?

/s

Arthea

I've never used the term "play" for VNs. You play them as much as you play books, all you do is read, it doesn't make sense.

it perfectly makes sense in VNs that have some gameplay mechanics or even choices. You play those and there are many of VNs with some sort of gameplay and even more with choices.
You not just read even kinetic VNs, hence Visual novel. A VN is not a book.
It may seem so if you don't read books or don't play VNs, I do both, so you can trust me in this.

Corpekata

Banned
Life becomes much more relaxing when you learn to not agonize over terms and genre definitions related to video games, especially in the English language.

derExperte

I was just told that I'm wrong for saying that a frame-rate that doesn't go above 16-18 fps is unacceptable.
Apparently if I was able to play and beat the game, it's acceptable.
I've become a performance snob without realizing it.

SotC's playability was abysmal and many agreed back in the day, that framerate combined with subpar controls gave you a shitsandswich. I consider the PS2 version flat out broken, had to stop after a couple bosses and only came back on PS3.

Well with VN's, sometimes it's not the games you're playing (with). If you get my- you get it.

lol

And now you're complaining in the Steam thread about it.

Does the ignorance ever end with you?

/s

I was actually careful to not use the word unplayable precisely because of that arguement, because at the end of the day it's true. But saying it's not acceptable seems reasonable to me.

it perfectly makes sense in VNs that have some gameplay mechanics or even choices. You play those and there are many of VNs with some sort of gameplay and even more with choices.
You not just read even kinetic VNs, hence Visual novel. A VN is not a book.
It may seem so if you don't read books or don't play VNs, I do both, so you can trust me in this.

I do both as well (can't help but feel you're patronizing me). I'm only including VNs without any gameplay. Sure, you have choices but that's hardly gameplay. Like someone said, watching is probably more accurate.

Arthea

I do both as well (can't help but feel you're patronizing me). I'm only including VNs without any gameplay. Sure, you have choices but that's hardly gameplay. Like someone said, watching is probably more accurate.

I can't help but be patronizing when dealing with ignorance, can I?
VNs with choices are like huge story puzzles (well good ones anyway), where you have to reason you way through choices to desired outcome, it feels like playing a game, because it is.
People don't need guides for books or for movies, but many need those for VNs with choices, because it's choices based gameplay. Choices is gameplay in this case.

or we can agree to disagree, but as we are on discussion boards, discussing all sorts of stuff is kinda expected.

I said it'd be more apt than read, not the most apt.

You don't say that you've read a movie if it has subtitles.

what about VNs without VA then?

I can't help but be patronizing when dealing with ignorance, can I?
VNs with choices are like huge story puzzles (well good ones anyway), where you have to reason you way through choices to desired outcome, it feels like playing a game, because it is.
People don't need guides for books or for movies, but many need those for VNs with choices, because it's choices based gameplay. Choices is gameplay in this case.

or we can agree to disagree, but as we are on discussion boards, discussing all sorts of stuff is kinda expected.

OK, let's leave it at that.

Benedict

Some good PC game centric podcast?
Just started The Crate and Crowbar for the first time. Don't know what to think yet.
Have listened to Gamers With Jobs for some years but want to see if there's any more good podcasts.

data

I can vouch for Root Double being insanely good. I'd even rank it higher than Steins;Gate and Danganronpa. (though I still haven't finished it, only need one thing to go through still)

It does have multiple slow starts before it completely grabs you in though.

Granjinha

So with SEGA being in the PC Gaming Show what do you think we'll see? Both it and Relic are listed in the presenters so i'll imagine we are not only getting Dawn of War 3

Corpekata

Banned
So with SEGA being in the PC Gaming Show what do you think we'll see? Both it and Relic are listed in the presenters so i'll imagine we are not only getting Dawn of War 3

It's either Creative Assembly with Total War stuff or Sega's announcing another old port I'd bet.

If it was CA I don't know why they wouldn't be there under their own name like Relic is, so figure it has to be something the publishing side would be more likely to be there for.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steamworld Heist tomorow and I still dont know what that game is but im excited

edit: err not tomorow, tuesday

Granjinha

I'll give you one hint... the news will be delivered very quickly.
Wut? You know something?

It's either Creative Assembly with Total War stuff or Sega's announcing another old port I'd bet.

If it was CA I don't know why they wouldn't be there under their own name like Relic is, so figure it has to be something the publishing side would be more likely to be there for.

I don't think it's CA cause they always get their own name and stuff in PC Gamer's events

Uzzy

They do have another PC game to show, one that we're already living in.

footballmanagercongratulates_1751023.jpg

Nzyme32

Relic already confirmed they are showing the first gameplay of Dawn Of War 3 at the PC Gaming Show.

Sega are listed in PC Gamer's Articles about the event as "Relic / Sega" rather than separately, so I don't think they will be talking much about anything other than that or something else Relic have planned

Granjinha

Relic already confirmed they are showing the first gameplay of Dawn Of War 3 at the PC Gaming Show.

Sega are listed in PC Gamer's Articles about the event as "Relic / Sega" rather than separately, so I don't think they will be talking much about anything other than that or something else Relic have planned

False. :p

http://www.pcgamingshow.com/

At the PC Gamer Weekend SEGA wasn't present and only Creative Assembly was listed, so i don't think it's the same at all.

I can be wrong, tho

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Relic, a thing from the past.

Sega, service and games.

Therefore, games from the past and/or things to be serviced.

Uzzy

Relic, a thing from the past.

Sega, service and games.

Therefore, games from the past and/or things to be serviced.

Sonic, gotta go fast.

Speedy service. Clearly we're getting Sega sponsored fast food places, serving the needs of PC Gamers worldwide.

Mivey

I still have hope for a ME trilogy remake, closer to Andromeda's release. Not only would it be a chance to give ME1 a much needed visual and gameplay update, but we'd have all the dlc in the package. .
They would still find a way to charge seperately for the DLC on PC. Not because it serves anything or is a wise business move. Just because.

YESSS, some one just made NSFW patch for Senran Kagura on PC.
it can remove the beam and smoke from a character's transformation.

also did this,prepare your mind to blown.

mNxeF4o.jpg

edit: bonus for merai
qcCgEZ5.gif

Exanima the full-physics combat isometric RPG has come a long way from the tech demo it once was. Looks kind of playable now.
Dangit Purkake. I just recently janked this off my wishlist but you made me put it back in the very small list containing of now only 5 entries. Hope you feel good about yourself XD
I'm still wondering if it would be a bad idea for me to, like, not install it at all.
It's free, works fine, I like it better than Win8.1 by an eetsy-tiny bit. Oh, you will need to jump ship at some point once DX12-only games hit any way. Might do it while the ride is free. And since recently you can use your Win7/Win8.1 key during a clean install like a regular Win10 key. No upgrade or any other shenanigans needed anymore. Couldn't be more convenient.

Anno

Man Titan Quest is such a great game. None of the recent Diablo-alikes really catch me, but this game still just makes time fly.

It's free, works fine, I like it better than Win8.1 by an eetsy-tiny bit. Oh, you will need to jump ship at some point once DX12-only games hit any way. Might do it while the ride is free. And since recently you can use your Win7/Win8.1 key during a clean install like a regular Win10 key. No upgrade or any other shenanigans needed anymore. Couldn't be more convenient.

My main issue is work. The work intranet is accessible from home but only works on Win7. (I've had co-workers who had the upgrade at home forced on them and they lost access.) So if I upgrade, I'm pretty much stuck looking up work emails and other internal job postings at work instead of at home. I could hope that they upgrade the system, but something tells me it won't be within the next month. DX12 games....work intranet....that's a tough balance!

Nzyme32

False. :p

http://www.pcgamingshow.com/

At the PC Gamer Weekend SEGA wasn't present and only Creative Assembly was listed, so i don't think it's the same at all.

I can be wrong, tho

I'm not sure what your point is there. Sega were not listed at all last year in neither the promo stuff or articles because they didn't attend. This year they are listed by themselves in the promo stuff on the website, but in the articles it is always "Relic / Sega", and not separately like everything else, which is why I'm suspicious.

For example, pay close attention to what PC gamer have done here and who they pair:

- AMD
- Bohemia Interactive
- Borealys Games
- Boss Key Studios / Nexon
- Digital Extremes
- Finji
- Microsoft
- New World Interactive
- NovaQuark
- Oculus
- Other Ocean Interactive
- Paradox Interactive
- Relic Entertainment / SEGA
- Square Enix / Square Enix Collective
- Studio Wildcard
- TaleWorlds Entertainment
- Torn Banner Studios
- Tripwire Interactive

You are going to be disappointed

Edit: "...Plus a couple more guests that we want to keep as a surprise."

There is this though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of those kinda small things that took way more time than I originally anticipated but I'm really happy with the result:

Before: (the discount sort is Enhanced Steam, the rest is vanilla)
7arJz58.png

After:
cFGsEfD.png

and

kbCTp3i.png

This cleans up a lot of space at the top of the page and allows for a huge amount of expansion - maybe stuff like a filtering option that only shows games with Steam Trading Cards or something. Anyway, this will be in Enhanced Steam 8.6 when it releases (hopefully soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom