• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I just think it's a little hamfisted is all.

Also why care about Facebook now all of a sudden?

because:

“Our buttons and plugins send over basic information about users’ browsing sessions. For non-Facebook members, previously we didn’t use it. Now we’ll use it to better understand how to target those people,” Mr. Bosworth said.

Lomax

Facepoop doesn't seem blockable. Just in time for E3.

STEAM | June 2016 - E3 Sponsored by Facebook, Oculus, Microsoft & Xbox all in one PC platform (MySpace, Bebo & Google Plus DLC available for $30; Season Pass DLC available for $60* [*content to be disclosed at a later date])

Jesus I'm bored. Should sleep

Use adblock (or whatever) to block ||facebook.com/v2.6/plugins/* and it works just fine, frame is gone. But seriously, if you weren't already doing that, you clearly don't actually care that much, because that plugin is freaking everywhere.

man, so many anime games. I really gotta stock up on even more gems

F9nUFl7.gif

Why is it that THE week I decided to watch Carnival Phantasm I start seeing GIFs of it left and right?

Parsnip

Don't save me please.

Is it weird that I kind of don't care about the summer seals, I just want to see what kind of meta game they have this time.

PaulSane

Btw, any news on ModBot not working? I was trying to do a giveaway 3 hour ago, and i still didn't recieve a message from ModBot. This is my first giveaway, so i don't know if that's me doing something wrong or ModBot indeed not working properly

how do i do that

right-click anywhere on the page and select "Block element" from context menu (it should be called something like that, i have a russian version of ublock, so can't really tell the exact name), then select that facebook stuff, mouse over the ublock filter windows that should appear at the bollom-left and edit the filter to look something like "www.facebook.com" - it should at least remove all that stuff from your view

MazeHaze

Banned
Btw, any news on ModBot not working? I was trying to do a giveaway 3 hour ago, and i still didn't recieve a message from ModBot. This is my first giveaway, so i don't know if that's me doing something wrong or ModBot indeed not working properly

Maybe you have to be a full member to do a giveaway? ModBot should message you right away, he definitely isn't broken.

Edit: Do you mean you were trying to enter a giveaway? You only get a message if you won in that case.

PaulSane

Maybe you have to be a full member to do a giveaway? ModBot should message you right away, he definitely isn't broken.

Edit: Do you mean you were trying to enter a giveaway? You only get a message if you won in that case.

nope, i was trying to create a giveaway of my own
and i think i saw a giveaway by a Junior member before, i may be wrong though

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

right-click anywhere on the page and select "Block element" from context menu (it should be called something like that, i have a russian version of ublock, so can't really tell the exact name), then select that facebook stuff, mouse over the ublock filter windows that should appear at the bollom-left and edit the filter to look something like "www.facebook.com" - it should at least remove all that stuff from your view

Seems to have worked, thanks!

Vamphuntr

Yep. And their server is shit, have you checked the description? Only 2 races, the classes aren't even working and there are no instances. Just great.

It's supposed to be a joke to prove Steam Greenlight is garbage. This never should have been allowed to show up in the first place.

Ghazi

So I'm trying out Arkham Origins since I read lots of recommendations here and, my god, it's horrible. Can't get 60 fps on my GTX980Ti/i7, game hard crashed so badly that I had to completely reboot my computer (this just happened for the second time), enemies glitched into the floor (I have to restart the game), and they copied so much from Arkham City that it feels more like an expansion than a standalone game. I guess it's cool to hate on Arkham Knight, though.

I don't even know if I want to touch the multiplayer.

MazeHaze

Banned
Anybody been able to get into a match in Dead by Daylight? Just sits on lobby screen waiting for 4 other players for me.

Edit: Trying to join a lobby as a survivor also just brings up "no matches found"

False. Works very easy.

Cool. Much too late, so I'll catch it tomorrow but I remember AMD saying they are aiming for mid-range value with their new offerings, so not really expecting anything revelatory. But hey, makes me even a better target for surprises.

latest rumor...

Some interesting stuff coming out about AMD's new card lineup, in particular the RX 480 supposedly is VR certified for Vive and Oculus, has the performance around the R9 390x and GTX 980 mark but costs $199.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3077...ll-bring-high-end-graphics-to-the-masses.html

Grief.exe

Somehow missed this:

Kxt0nmE.png

- Didn't know that Batman AK was at the point where the game itself could actually be played well enough to enjoy

- Never seen a "Overwhelmingly Negative" review before; just 12% positive in the past few weeks

Why is the Division even getting rated down that badly?

kevin1025

Banned
Anybody been able to get into a match in Dead by Daylight? Just sits on lobby screen waiting for 4 other players for me.

Edit: Trying to join a lobby as a survivor also just brings up "no matches found"

I got in about a half hour ago.

Checking some Twitch streams, there are people currently playing.

rtcn63

I get the feeling that a notable chunk of people stopped playing The Division mid-way through the campaign. One of the least fun single-player experiences I've had in years. Well, among high-profile titles.

Tellaerin

It's supposed to be a joke to prove Steam Greenlight is garbage. This never should have been allowed to show up in the first place.

It'll be culled before it can go live and the guys behind it'll be out $100. And I don't feel bad for them at all, because they're clearly morons.

I have very little patience for all the whining about how Greenlight is broken because it isn't heavily policed, and how Valve needs to have in-house curators vetting everything. Apparently this would transform Steam into some kind of garden paradise where you could buy any game at random with complete confidence that it'll be a triple-A experience that's personally tailored to your tastes, because anything anyone considers "trash" will automatically be filtered out.

Games I consider junk make it through Greenlight. Games I think are awesome do, too. I don't walk into a department store or go on Amazon expecting that anything I don't like, or anything that doesn't meet my personal bar for whatever reason, will be screened out for me. I know it's on me to look around for stuff I'm interested in and ignore the crap. Why do some people think Steam should be an exception?

Lomax

Games I consider junk make it through Greenlight. Games I think are awesome do, too. I don't walk into a department store or go on Amazon expecting that anything I don't like, or anything that doesn't meet my personal bar for whatever reason, will be screened out for me. I know it's on me to look around for stuff I'm interested in and ignore the crap. Why do some people think Steam should be an exception?

You realize that every department store in the world is heavily "curated" right? That the mere act of getting onto Walmart store shelves can make or break a company? The real world isn't app stores. Regardless of your opinion on greenlight or curation, the comparison is completely invalid.

Hello everyone

This thread is no longer nice.

Nzyme32

Use adblock (or whatever) to block ||facebook.com/v2.6/plugins/* and it works just fine, frame is gone. But seriously, if you weren't already doing that, you clearly don't actually care that much, because that plugin is freaking everywhere.

I don't. Like I said earlier, it's just too close to the post reply button that it's annoying

Similar to Destiny, with each update the fanbase is getting angrier and angrier. The newest update lets people cut your loot of the helicopter in the Dark Zone.

Destiny got way better with patches and expansions. The Division gets worse with every passing day. The game launched with relatively few issues, and it was pretty fun to play, until Massive decided to dick around with the loot systems and Dark Zone punishments, so people could kill anyone in the Dark Zone and not get punished for going rogue. Then, there's the lack of any kind of anti cheat implementation, the countless glitches and exploits that are always fixed way later than they should (the backpack glitch that locked people out of their game took about a month to get fixed, and the only explanation for that was that it was part of a big patch)
They also love to launch their big patches or expansions on the same date as big releases (first Incursion and backpack glitch fix, Dark Souls 3 release day. Second Incursion and big patch, Overwatch release day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom