• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLD

Meh, I stopped caring about MS' games when it became clear they were all going to be exclusive to their shitty store. I'll start caring again once something shows up on Steam.

Besides, Halo 5 without doing MCC first seems a little pointless to me. Not interested in jumping into the series at number 5 lol.

MUnited83

For you.
Getting 5 and not MCC is a bummer.
Sunset Overdrive being W10 Store only seems dumb. Like, uh, lets go to Microsoft because they let us keep our IP, but MS gets to do whatever they want with the first title, plus the game doesn't sell not nearly enough to get a sequel that isn't funded by MS anyways. They really did a crappy deal there.

Momentary

Banned
After enjoying Forza and KI without too many issues, I'm kind of okay with playing games on there. The storefront and UI are still shitty.

After enjoying Forza and KI without too many issues, I'm kind of okay with playing games on there. The storefront and UI are still shitty.

Not me. The UI and the store sucks. The prices are outrageous and the policy is downright scandalous. Plus I love my Big Picture Mode.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Wave of Darkness -- MB-738148FF438E007A - Taken by Purkake4
Bleak: Welcome to Glimmer -- MB-06EEB72B5A1FE882 - Taken by GaussTek
Five: Guardians of David -- MB-A2E1E11FBA492E04 - Taken by Saty
Frontier -- MB-77E78FA80DCAEF85 - Taken by pantsattack

Hektor

I wouldn't even know what to do with Halo 5 on PC. Played all Halo games except for 4, so i'd totally miss out on the oscar worthy story.

i'll get 1001 spikes

hand of fate i'll just buy on nuuvem since nuuvem's cooler

As long as you get it!

Nzyme32

Yo Halo 5 and Sunset on PC

that's pretty cool

I do not understand any excitement behind Halo anymore. It just isn't interesting for me. Good for you though when it happens. Can't say I care much outside of Halo 1 for nostalgia and Halo 2 for the multiplayer nostalgia. Sunset looked like the kind of game that I'd want to try for a laugh but not at a typical retail price.

The combination of MS attempting a PC service that revolves around Xbox Live and their wonderful history, as well as the icing on the cake that is UWP, I simply won't bother picking anything up for a long time till they prove that it will be stable and reliable. After that, I care too much about user modification that I probably won't bother with UWP outside of something I consider disposable (ie free stuff). Unless UWP changes to support open access and modification outside of developer sanctioned, I'll pass.

Halo Wars 2 will be hard to resist.

For me it is extremely easy since there are so many excellent RTS around. Also the controller focused gameplay will likely make it less interesting vs what I usually enjoy. Not to mention Halo having lost its spark for me. Not sure why. Just seems convoluted and generic at this point

tuxfool

Banned
For me it is extremely easy since there are so many excellent RTS around. Also the controller focused gameplay will likely make it less interesting vs what I usually enjoy. Not to mention Halo having lost its spark for me. Not sure why. Just seems convoluted and generic at this point

I think that is the joke.

Given so many excellent RTSes of all shapes and sizes one has to wonder who would enjoy a comparatively shallow product that seems designed to pad out a portfolio than actually have some meaningful reason to exist.

Jawmuncher

Sunset Overdrive has been one of my favorite titles this gen. Don't even know what Flarz is going on about repetitive. The only thing that got a bit annoying was the missions where you had to protect the base. Those dragged on a bit. Aside from that the gameplay was fun. Grinding and using crazy weapons never got old for me, and the humor I think works pretty well. Plus if it was on PC it would look great. Was so nice and colorful.

Jawmuncher

I think that is the joke.

Given so many excellent RTSes of all shapes and sizes one has to wonder who would enjoy a comparatively shallow product that seems designed to pad out a portfolio than actually have some meaningful reason to exist.

Hook we up with that time machine you got. I want to play Halo Wars 2 right now.
As you said there are many RTSes of all shapes and sizes, so there's room for Halo Wars 2. The first game was pretty fun even if locked to a console.

Soulflarz

Banned
My review for Sunset Overdrive boils down to "you can't end it like that! Man, the guys on NeoGAF will roast you alive!" or the joke about checking GameFAQs
The humor was really trying too hard in a very...meh way? You can write actual humor guys.

Jawmuncher

My review for Sunset Overdrive boils down to "you can't end it like that! Man, the guys on NeoGAF will roast you alive!" or the joke about checking GameFAQs
The humor was really trying too hard in a very...meh way? You can write actual humor guys.

It fit with how the game was though. From the get go they were going for breaking the fourth and just the craziness of the situation.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delicious Waffles, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delicious Waffles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories #1 -- MB-68C1F2D9D1B0EAA1 - Taken by Barajas_201. 6 entrants total.
1001 Spikes -- MB-E168C63A9FF69512 - Taken by Vazra. 12 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Read Only Memories #2 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1465336783z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sunset Overdrive was much better once I turned off sound, skipped all cut scenes, and basically just treated it as a game to run around a city in. The jumping, grinding, and explosive jumps were of enjoyment to me by movement alone.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What the shit! I have to pay $15 more for 3 episodes? This is total bullcrap.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't just call it "Season 2"

Jawmuncher

Yep, I just didn't like the way in which they did it, outstayed its welcome by the end

Sunset Overdrive was much better once I turned off sound, skipped all cut scenes, and basically just treated it as a game to run around a city in. The jumping, grinding, and explosive jumps were of enjoyment to me by movement alone.

Guess it's just a case of what kind of humor you prefer. I had no issue with what they presented and the language they used.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I had no dislike of it. I simply just didn't care and it didn't make me laugh and thus it just became noise. I have comedy podcasts that were better for that while I relaxed playing the game, jumping all about.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Delicious Waffles, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delicious Waffles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories #1 -- MB-68C1F2D9D1B0EAA1 - Taken by Barajas_201. 6 entrants total.
1001 Spikes -- MB-E168C63A9FF69512 - Taken by Vazra. 12 entrants total.
Read Only Memories #2 -- MB-9F4D0E3975082209 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Read Only Memories #1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 1001 Spikes was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1465337470z1.png

tuxfool

Banned
Halo fans?

They like FPSes, not RTSes. Also given the performance of the last game, I'd say the addressable user base that still very much cares about Halo lore is withering away. MS absolutely can push forward, but I don't remember anybody clamoring for more Halo Wars after that game was released.

Ozium

They like FPSes, not RTSes. Also given the performance of the last game, I'd say the addressable user base that still very much cares about Halo lore is withering away. MS absolutely can push forward, but I don't remember anybody clamoring for more Halo Wars after that game was released.

halo fans like halo

halo books aren't FPSes either but halo fans like em

Hektor

The EM beeing about to start is already awful enough, but no i have to endure soccer on steam too? My one safe space? I won't let you get away with that.

SomTervo

I'm here with exciting news, chaps and chappettes.

The Solus Project, which I've been helping with for about 9 months, has finally launched.

The Solus Project is a singleplayer wide-linear exploration adventure - with a bunch of survival and puzzle elements thrown in. Spearheaded by the crazy Unreal engine genius behind the 2010 game The Ball (which is sort of a precursor to Solus).

Alone on a deserted alien planet, you must scavenge for food and keep yourself warm while pressing ahead through a strange world, avoiding dangers when you can and uncovering secrets.

The Earth was destroyed decades ago – you were part of a team sent on a last-resort explorative mission to find a new home for humanity. But when you arrive at your destination, things don’t go well. A collision and crash landing renders you the sole survivor...

In a 'Premature Evaluation' of the game, Rock, Paper Shotgun published the clause: 'The Solus Project is absolutely incredible'. That quote may or may not be taken out of context.
(Lucky for us it
is not.)

And the most exciting part? Quote this post for three free Steam keys right below this message.

Taken
Taken
Taken

It would be beautiful if somebody could make an OT, I don't think it's even on the OT radar (and obviously I'm out).

Best wishes, babies.

(Mods - I checked it was OK to make this post a few months back and got a green light. PM me if I done broke any rules.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom