• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I'm here with exciting news, chaps and chappettes.

The Solus Project, which I've been helping with for about 9 months, has finally launched.

The Solus Project is a singleplayer wide-linear exploration adventure - with a bunch of survival and puzzle elements thrown in. Spearheaded by the crazy Unreal engine genius behind the 2010 game The Ball (which is sort of a precursor to Solus).

Alone on a deserted alien planet, you must scavenge for food and keep yourself warm while pressing ahead through a strange world, avoiding dangers when you can and uncovering secrets.

The Earth was destroyed decades ago – you were part of a team sent on a last-resort explorative mission to find a new home for humanity. But when you arrive at your destination, things don’t go well. A collision and crash landing renders you the sole survivor...

In a 'Premature Evaluation' of the game, Rock, Paper Shotgun published the clause: 'The Solus Project is absolutely incredible'. That quote may or may not be taken out of context.
(Lucky for us it
is not.)

And the most exciting part? Quote this post for three free Steam keys right below this message.

It would be beautiful if somebody could make an OT, I don't think it's even on the OT radar (and obviously I'm out).

Best wishes, babies.

(Mods - I checked it was OK to make this post a few months back and got a green light. PM me if I done broke any rules.)

thanks m8, grabbed the 2nd one (I tried the 3rd but that was taken already)

is it reccomended to play The Ball first?

SomTervo

thanks m8, grabbed the 2nd one (I tried the 3rd but that was taken already)

is it reccomended to play The Ball first?

They're linked in terms of backstory/lore, but it's not really necessary :)

The Ball is a good game, though. (Didn't work on it so I shall promote to the ceiling). I played it just last year when I came on board and was pleasantly surprised. Got Portal vibes from time to time, in terms of puzzle design.

If you enjoy TSP enough and you're up for making an OT I will grovel at your toes until the end of time in thanks.

madjoki

The Solus Project, which I've been helping with for about 9 months, has finally launched.

The Solus Project is a singleplayer wide-linear exploration adventure - with a bunch of survival and puzzle elements thrown in. Spearheaded by the crazy Unreal engine genius behind the 2010 game The Ball (which is sort of a precursor to Solus).

Alone on a deserted alien planet, you must scavenge for food and keep yourself warm while pressing ahead through a strange world, avoiding dangers when you can and uncovering secrets.

The Earth was destroyed decades ago – you were part of a team sent on a last-resort explorative mission to find a new home for humanity. But when you arrive at your destination, things don’t go well. A collision and crash landing renders you the sole survivor...

In a 'Premature Evaluation' of the game, Rock, Paper Shotgun published the clause: 'The Solus Project is absolutely incredible'. That quote may or may not be taken out of context.
(Lucky for us it
is not.)

And the most exciting part? Quote this post for three free Steam keys right below this message.

It would be beautiful if somebody could make an OT, I don't think it's even on the OT radar (and obviously I'm out).

Best wishes, babies.

(Mods - I checked it was OK to make this post a few months back and got a green light. PM me if I done broke any rules.)

Thanks! Grabbed first code.

Werd

I played C&C, Starcraft, etc. in their initial releases and have played thousands of games of SC2. I liked Halo Wars quite a bit. The campaign was solid, the controls were well done, I rather liked some of the streamlining decisions that were made, and yeah for the Halo license. Unfortunately the path finding was awful and it needed a direct sequel/expansion to flesh out the content, but I enjoyed my time with the game.

Given so many excellent RTSes of all shapes and sizes one has to wonder who would enjoy a comparatively shallow product that seems designed to pad out a portfolio than actually have some meaningful reason to exist.

Is it 2005? SC2 is winding down, Relic's releases have been shifting away from RTS mechanics and CoH 2 was not particularly well received, indie efforts like Grey Goo and Planetary Annihilation got mixed responses and have mostly died out..... RTS is one of my favorite genres and 90% of my playtime for them on Steam the past few years is re-releases of classics like AoE 2 and Rise of Nations. I'm not saying there is literally nothing, but if you don't like Total War it seems pretty sparse to me.

I'm definitely looking forward to any info on Halo Wars 2.

GaussTek

So, I just realized there's now a store page for Even the Ocean. It comes out on Summer.

It's from the creators of Anodyne, which I really enjoyed. Although I'm not big fan of the art of this one, still looks interesting and promising. Seems to be a Metroidvania.

(Lucky for us it
is not.)
Yup, looks like an interesting game and unique with an actual campaign + survival instead of the many make-your-own-story survival games currently.
Good luck and much success.

tuxfool

Banned
Is it 2005? SC2 is winding down, Relic's releases have been shifting away from RTS .

The good news is that Relic says that they're shifting back. I understand, there definitely aren't as many as there used to be but Halo Wars didn't find that much success despite the license. I also found that game to be too sparse for my taste, even if it was a somewhat decent attempt at a console rts. Personally I'd rather have more Grey Goo, than more Halo Wars, unless they make it more like Total Halo Wars.

SomTervo

Yup, looks like an interesting game and unique with an actual campaign + survival instead of the many make-your-own-story survival games currently.
Good luck and much success.

Thanks! Yeah, the actual linear adventure focus, like games from the 90s and early 00s were a must for the team. The director/lead designer wanted to make something more meaningful and crafted with plenty of 'holy shit' moments like you'd get from early first-person adventure games like Unreal and, I guess, Halo.

Parsnip

Not too long ago, like maybe a week or two ago, some anonymous person sent an email to the bombcast about how he had been testing Halo 5 campaign levels on PC, and was then surprised when they only announced Forge on PC.

Or something to that effect.

No interest in it or Sunset though.

(Lucky for us it
is not.)

Taken
Taken
Taken

Best wishes, babies.

Grats on launching. Seems I was too late for the Steam keys :(. Have the game on my wishlist when I knew it has VR support a few months ago.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Kidnapped -- MB-8E465075F3C851BC - Taken by Chairmanchuck

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Kidnapped was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

yuraya

SteamGAF needs to embrace the phenomena known as the Windows 10 store that is run by the glorious PC gaming leader Phil Spencer.

giphy.gif

The Xbox + Windows future is now. Pin the Xbox app to your taskbar guys. You won't regret it.

def sim

(Lucky for us it
is not.)

Best wishes, babies.

Cool, I'm glad to hear it's done. The Giant Bomb feature Unfinished from a few weeks back sold me on it; I'll be sure wishlist it for later.

SomTervo

Cool, I'm glad to hear it's done. The Giant Bomb feature Unfinished from a few weeks back sold me on it; I'll be sure wishlist it for later.

Cool, I never saw that. Glad you like the look too. Thanks!

Watching that video... It's really weird hearing people react to voice-acted lines you wrote and directed...

Jazz573

Memory's Dogma Update #23: Introduction to the MRD

We've translated a new blog post from LizArts with a development update about Memory's Dogma.

Since "Resette's Prescription ~Book of memory, Swaying scale~" has been released, we can settle down for a bit and talk about the device introduced in "Memory's Dogma."

[Video 1]

[Video 2]

The above video is the device mockup for the MRD that exist in the world of "Memory's Dogma" Although it has appeared a couple of times in the Kickstarter PV, we've cleaned up the design since then.

MRD stands for Mobile augmented Reality Device, and is the newest portable information computer in the world of "Memory's Dogma." In the Kickstarter PV, we see one activating from a man's arm.

Japan, in the world of "Memory's Dogma," is a country that heavily relies on the MRD. From convenience stores to transportation, any service and functions that require identification are reliant on the MRD.

During the creation of the PV, we did not heavily focus on the device's visual elements, however the animation staff requested a design mockup for the use in the opening. Since the mockup is very nicely done, we decided to feature it here as well. It's a bit outlandish, but the appearance as if they are collecting data makes it look very futuristic and exciting.

A bit of digression, but when this device was conceptualized the Apple Watch was not out, and now it is common to have smartwatches in our daily lives. It just proves that a near-future story needs to put out sooner, before they become obsolete. This has been in my mind lately, as well as trying to get "Memory's Dogma" out sooner before I fall into this trap...

And that's it for today!

Granjinha

Are your from the future?

lol sorry guys, enter the dragon punch confirmed it on more than one thread and he was verified by bish

he also was the one that leaked all the info on DR4, so...

I do not understand any excitement behind Halo anymore. It just isn't interesting for me. Good for you though when it happens. Can't say I care much outside of Halo 1 for nostalgia and Halo 2 for the multiplayer nostalgia. Sunset looked like the kind of game that I'd want to try for a laugh but not at a typical retail price.

The combination of MS attempting a PC service that revolves around Xbox Live and their wonderful history, as well as the icing on the cake that is UWP, I simply won't bother picking anything up for a long time till they prove that it will be stable and reliable. After that, I care too much about user modification that I probably won't bother with UWP outside of something I consider disposable (ie free stuff). Unless UWP changes to support open access and modification outside of developer sanctioned, I'll pass.

For me it is extremely easy since there are so many excellent RTS around. Also the controller focused gameplay will likely make it less interesting vs what I usually enjoy. Not to mention Halo having lost its spark for me. Not sure why. Just seems convoluted and generic at this point

uhh ok i guess? I mean, i still love Halo lol

It's one of my favorite franchises. Nice to see it coming to PC. <3

i don't really care much about UWP as long as they fix the 'no overlay' bullshit, will get MS games there and the rest on steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom