• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been playing some games lately... pc games at that... some quick short impressions

Mad Max
Okay so i played like 3 hours of this one, this game looks pretty but honestly its pretty eh. wheres my flamethrower? i want a flamethrower, i know theres a fucking flamethrower... Its the shitty kind of open world where they just litter the map with filler content. Going to try and do as little as that trash as possible to beat the game cause i hate that kind of stuff, its why i don't like when devs do open world, they don't know how to make one. I remember when veggie was posting about it he said it gets better the more you play it so I'll keep going through it. At least the car combat is fun

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

played 2 hours of this one, I doubt I'll ever beat it since the game is about 40 hrs and i got other stuff i want to play but who knows, maybe the story will really grab me. Besides that, the game is pretty fun, its what I was hoping Divinity would play like (as in not super hard). Although I've ran into a little issue, seems like i tackled the wrong quest first, the plant one. I've ran out of ammo... googled it and it seems to be a common issue, apparently the wiser choice is to do the other place first. I'll probably bump down the difficulty, maybe itll lower enemy HP, don't feel like restarting if i get too frustrated with it. Also, this game plays pretty nice with the steam controller, theres even an option for it in the menus(you can even play with a ps4 controller and I guess itll show u the dualshock 4 inputs instead of the xbox version)

Cat Girl Without Salad
not much to say about this game besides that its legit, i wonder if way forward will actually expand on this, cause I really enjoyed what i played so far.

I really need to play this, but the installation is yuuuuge....

its trash, just listen to the OST and you're good.

I'm looking for some great games that run on low-spec systems. I'm selling my graphics card so I can afford an upgrade and I'll be running on integrated graphics for several weeks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It just came out, but Solous is by the people who did The Ball! The Ball was one of my first games on Steam >_<

I'm looking for some great games that run on low-spec systems. I'm selling my graphics card so I can afford an upgrade and I'll be running on integrated graphics for several weeks.

Read Only Memories
Va-11 Hall-A
Half-Life
Xenonauts
Age of Empires II
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Super Meat Boy
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X|X-2
Grandia II Anniversary Edition
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Hitman 2
Hitman Contracts
Hyper Light Drifter
Jamestown
Jet Set Radio
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Nights into Dreams
The Ultimate Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Quake
Quake II
Quake Live
Unreal Gold
Unreal II
Unreal Tournament 2004
Oddworld Abe's Odyssey
Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
Painkiller Black
Peggle
Puzzle Quest
Retro City Rampage DX
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Worms Armageddon
Bit.Trip Runner
Dungeon Keeper Gold
Project Zomboid
Hexen
Heretic
To The Moon
Stardew Valley
VVVVVV
Disgaea PC
Axiom Verge
Undertale
Recettear
Ikaruga
Thief II
Underrail
La Mulana
Cave Story+

Read Only Memories
Va-11 Hall-A
Half-Life
Xenonauts
Age of Empires II
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Super Meat Boy
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X|X-2
Grandia II Anniversary Edition
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Hitman 2
Hitman Contracts
Hyper Light Drifter
Jamestown
Jet Set Radio
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Nights into Dreams
The Ultimate Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Quake
Quake II
Quake Live
Unreal Gold
Unreal II
Unreal Tournament 2004
Oddworld Abe's Odyssey
Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
Painkiller Black
Peggle
Puzzle Quest
Retro City Rampage DX
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Gonna recommend Downwell in addition to all of these.

Also does PayPal or somebody usually do Steam credit sales on sales dates? I think PayPal had deals on codes last year but can't recall.

Lomax

It just came out, but Solous is by the people who did The Ball! The Ball was one of my first games on Steam >_<

The Ball was in the very first Groupees Be Mine bundle and I was super excited to get it. And of course I've never played it.

If you have a recent integrated intel chip (4400 or later) you can run basically anything pre-2012 with decent success. And of course anything 2D or old. Binding of Isaac Rebirth would probably be my top recommendation of non-demanding games. But really, just try stuff, you'll probably be surprised at how well things run with some settings turned down.

I'm right there with you. To expand on Iron Badger's list:

Ronin
Neo Scavenger
The Escapists
Super Galaxy Squadron
bit Dungeon II
Last Word (and other RPG Maker games)
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds
1001 Spikes
Long Live the Queen
Oh and play D&D Chronicles of Mystaria

Probably Her Story, and Contradiction: Spot the Liar would run fine.

And check out Low Spec Gamer's youtube channel to see some tweaks (read - brutalizing) to newer 3d games.

To add to what the others mentioned:
  • One Way Heroics
  • FTL
  • Intrusion 2
  • Hammerfight

Plus a wealth of old, classic games. GOG has a bunch, and Steam has the rest.

Teppic

Good lists above. Some more.

1001 Spikes
Adventures of Pip
BlazeRush
Castle in the Darkness
Elliot Quest
Lethal League
Mashed
Mimpi Dreams (Haven't played, but it looks good)
Murder Miners
Odallus
Retro Game Crunch
Shovel Knight
SpeedRunners
The Charnel House Trilogy
The Last Door Season 1&2
The Stanley Parable
Towerfall
Toybox Turbos
Why Am I Dead at Sea
Ys games

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest member of SteamGAF? I know flarz held that title before I chimed in

also, am I supposed to feel good or bad about being younger than you guys, this talk is making me confuse lol
You were that young mp?
Well not like I should be surprised as I'm not 18 yet, not until next tuesday.

neonglow

I'm now part of the 1000 games club. It took 6 months of bundle purchases to make it happen.

zqDqbd3.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Congrats. It more or less slows down from here on unless you decide to become a collector.

Every time I see someone's game count on their profile I'm always blown away by how much DLC people own. I must have the worst game:DLC ratio out there at about 5.3:1!

Is Steam ded? It doesn't like my CC info anymore.

I just want to buy Total Warhammer, dammit.

Edit: Annnd now Steam locked my purchasing ability due to 'too many attempts.' Why do you hate me, Valve...

derFeef

For paying with PayPal on Steam: do I have to resubmit my PayPal info each time or will it automatically keep it on file?

For me personally it's weird. Sometimes it is saving so that I do not need to authorize PayPal again but sometimes it's asking me for my PayPal credentials.

Pixieking

Banned
Where's the cheapest to get Stranger of Sword City? GMG's codes don't work on it :/

Depends where you are, maybe? Wingamestore have it for $29.99, with 5% off using the voucher pcgames5off. I have a UK bank account but am in Jordan currently, so it gives me the US price but I pay in UK pounds... It came to about £21 total. Slightly cheaper than GMG.

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics. Don't think it ever was announced for PC, but it was in the Steamleak. Spike Chunsoft is publishing. Releases this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom