• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Every time I see someone's game count on their profile I'm always blown away by how much DLC people own. I must have the worst game:DLC ratio out there at about 5.3:1!

I only have a whole 269~ games. 1.6:1. Unless I buy a GOTY/Complete edition, I hardly ever buy the DLC later because I won't replay most games.

Just made it to
.___.

How many of them file into the bundle trash/played but will never finish/lol nope category?

Is Steam ded? It doesn't like my CC info anymore.

I just want to buy Total Warhammer, dammit.

Edit: Annnd now Steam locked my purchasing ability due to 'too many attempts.' Why do you hate me, Valve...

Should have tried PayPal, maybe. RIP. Did you change the info at all since your last purchase? Or get a new card because of the TeamViewer mess?

Hope it's sorted before the sale.

kagamin

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics. Don't think it ever was announced for PC, but it was in the Steamleak. Spike Chunsoft is publishing. Releases this summer.

FUCK YEA.
phFURjV.png

The reimagining I never expected. I hope it's good, but if it's not developed by Smoking WOLF I'm not holding my breath.

Still really cool to see, in any case.
Should have tried PayPal, maybe. RIP. Did you change the info at all since your last profile? Or get a new card because of the TeamViewer mess?

Nope, no changes. I'd call my CC to see what the issue is, but their customer service is closed right now.

Oh well.

Lain

? 12 has been available for ages on PC. They just called it final fantasy 11 and added more variety in gameplay and story.

By more variety in story you actually mean they added a good story, right?

People who like Final Fantasy XIII are suffering from some kind of stockholm syndrome.

People who hold an opinion which differs from mine must be suffering from some kind of down syndrome.

Deques

Currently playing Final Fantasy IV and I think I am already halfway through the game according to a walkthrough
(I am using this to find hidden items only)
According to howlongtobeat it takes around 32 hours to beat the game, is this really correct? Because I have played around 5 hours and I am not even rushing through the game. Is the second half much longer than the first half? It was a long time since I played the SNES version, so I don't remember much of the game

Arthea

Currently playing Final Fantasy IV and I think I am already halfway through the game according to a walkthrough
(I am using this to find hidden items only)
According to howlongtobeat it takes around 32 hours to beat the game, is this really correct? Because I have played around 5 hours and I am not even rushing through the game. Is the second half much longer than the first half? It was a long time since I played the SNES version, so I don't remember much of the game
What do you mean by half? I don't wanna post spoilers but if you haven't reached certain crucial story related changes (if you did you'll know what I mean), it's not half. If you did, the second half after that is indeed longer.
It's not very long, and I can't say I remember exactly, but it seems about right 30-40ish hours to 100%.

edited: FF13 hate is still strong, I see

Deques

What do you mean by half? I don't wanna post spoilers but if you haven't reached certain crucial story related changes (if you did you'll know what I mean), it's not half. If you did, the second half after that is indeed longer.
It's not very long, and I can't say I remember exactly, but it seems about right 30-40ish hours to 100%.

edited: FF13 hate is still strong, I see

You can spoil anything to me, since I already played the SNES version.
I got to the point where Cecil is now a a paladin and I defeated the second archfiend in Baron

Arthea

You can spoil anything to me, since I already played the SNES version.
spoilers

OK then
going to the moon
is kinda a middle of the game, but that's misleading, because second half is longer, again if I remember it correctly.
You got to the point where you are rather fast tho.

derExperte

Made a list of old games I only ever got one or two achievements in and want to finally go back to. Mostly to boost my average but also to find inner peace.

12 is Better Than 6: Weirdest framerate you'll ever see in a game, controls clunky, story blablablaskipbla, ending as sudden as reviews said it is, wat. Still alright.

Hard Reset: Enemy design is crap and sometimes there's that one wave too much and you want to talk to the designer. And while there ask the story writer wtf is going on. But the setting is cool, it looks alright, fights are fast, some weapons fun and it's not overly long (would've been way too short before they built in the Exile DLC).

Frozen Synapse: First extremely hard, then I hit the sweet spot, then it became boring, stopped campaign after a dozen missions and multiplayer is hopeless, only highly skilled players left. Will give part 2 a go.

Rock of Ages: I like its style and the gameplay is genuinely original but the AI not good enough, you only have to find the right spot and build as many heavy defenses as possible, got too samey. Will give part 2 a go.

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem: No real campaign is a bummer as is mp obviously being dead by now, fun for a few hours, now medium is too easy and hard annoying.

LYNE: Relaxing bordering on sleep inducing, can't do more than a dozen of these per week.

Quantum Conundrum: Not sure yet, some strange physics going on which requires doing or not doing something or you'll fail without it making any sense. I think I'm getting the hang of it now, though going by reviews I'm approaching the point where platforming becomes more important than thinking.

derFeef

Has there been hints of future plans for the Team Fortress franchise? Is a sequel a possibility? Maybe a makeover? New characters? A TF:GO kinda thing?

Xanathus

Welp, apparently you need to manually click download on the DLC addons in Origin games in order to get them. Reached Skyhold in Dragon Age Inquisition without doing that and was wondering where all the bonus stuff were.

Ludens

Banned
What games these days don't offer Game+Season Pass bundle?

Dunno, but usually Ubi Gold edition comes also with additional pre-order or platform exclusive crap, this is the reason I hate them.

Anyway I just completed Blood and Wine, 100% so all sides, all contracts, map totally cleared from any marks etc.
I also played the last mission twice to do a couple of sides only available if you did specific things.
Anyway the expansion lasted me 29 hours, I had 138 before starting it, now I have 167, so I can't really see how some people spent 40 hours on it, maybe they were playing on Death March and they died a lot, dunno, because if you do all the contents never skipping a dialogue, that's the time you will need, which also matches the time stated by CDPR (almost 30 hours).

Anyway, a great expansion, I usually I'm against DLCs, and in fact back in days I also argued with the CDPR decision to release paid DLC for the game, but I was wrong.
If all software houses would do expansion like this, it would be totally worth. I mean, you spend 25€ and you have 36 additional hours of well written, entertaining and never boring content. CDPR deserved my trust, Cyberpunk will be a day one purchase for me, those guys are talented and need to be supported, expecially in an industry in which SH try to costantly robber their consumers with cheap practices and so on.

Bluth54

Has there been hints of future plans for the Team Fortress franchise? Is a sequel a possibility? Maybe a makeover? New characters? A TF:GO kinda thing?

There isn't going to be a sequel to TF2 anytime soon. Valve is working on competitive matchmaking for TF2, which should be out of beta in the big summer update we'll likely get later this month or early next month.

B4nny, who is the best know competitive TF2 player recently visited Valve to look at the new update we'll be getting soon. Besides saying that competitive matchmaking is coming in that update he said the following:

"Can't share everything, but expect tons of rebalances and an update that is much bigger than just the competitive mode release."
"Step by step TF2 will start looking more like the modern competitive title we all know it deserves to be"
"The casual and community aspects of TF2 are also heavily emphasized in the next big update. Everyone wins!"

Also a little bit of more information from his visit to Valve:

The main reason B4nny was invited to Valve was to look at weapon rebalances. (this is pretty big because as far as we know they've never had a competitive player visit them to look at weapon rebalances, much less balance weapons around competitive TF2)
The current TF2 team has 10+ active members.
TF2 may get majors (CSGO Valve sponsored tournaments with $250k+ prize pools) if matchmaking is well received but but the comp community shouldn't expect direct financial support from Valve anytime soon.
Valve is actively looking at the performance of TF2 so optimization seems to be a big priority for the TF2 team.
The update will be a new take on things - competitive is the main driving force behind the update but it will be beneficial to all aspects of TF2.

Valve really kicked their support of TF2 into high gear with the Gun Mettle update last July and it seems like this upcoming update is going to be more of the same. Typically the big summer update ships shortly before or a week or two after the Steam summer sale so we should be getting it soon. Based on his comments it seems like Valve really wants to make TF2 a competitive game that can seriously compete with Overwatch.

derFeef

There isn't going to be a sequel to TF2 anytime soon. Valve is working on competitive matchmaking for TF2, which should be out of beta in the big summer update we'll likely get later this month or early next month.

B4nny, who is the best know competitive TF2 player recently visited Valve to look at the new update we'll be getting soon. Besides saying that competitive matchmaking is coming in that update he said the following:

"Can't share everything, but expect tons of rebalances and an update that is much bigger than just the competitive mode release."
"Step by step TF2 will start looking more like the modern competitive title we all know it deserves to be"
"The casual and community aspects of TF2 are also heavily emphasized in the next big update. Everyone wins!"

Also a little bit of more information from his visit to Valve:

The main reason B4nny was invited to Valve was to look at weapon rebalances. (this is pretty big because as far as we know they've never had a competitive player visit them to look at weapon rebalances, much less balance weapons around competitive TF2)
The current TF2 team has 10+ active members.
TF2 may get majors (CSGO Valve sponsored tournaments with $250k+ prize pools) if matchmaking is well received but but the comp community shouldn't expect direct financial support from Valve anytime soon.
Valve is actively looking at the performance of TF2 so optimization seems to be a big priority for the TF2 team.
The update will be a new take on things - competitive is the main driving force behind the update but it will be beneficial to all aspects of TF2.

Valve really kicked their support of TF2 into high gear with the Gun Mettle update last July and it seems like this upcoming update is going to be more of the same. Typically the big summer update ships shortly before or a week or two after the Steam summer sale so we should be getting it soon. Based on his comments it seems like Valve really wants to make TF2 a competitive game that can seriously compete with Overwatch.

That sounds fantastic and thanks for the detailed write-up. Getting excited!

Deques

OK then
going to the moon
is kinda a middle of the game, but that's misleading, because second half is longer, again if I remember it correctly.
You got to the point where you are rather fast tho.

Wasn't the moon part like the final dungeon?
Anyway I am just going to enjoy the game instead of thinking how far I am...

Gave Jerry McPartlin a few minutes to test functionality.

Then on a whim I visited the bluebox interactive website.

It says "Coming soon - Jerry McPartlin" and when I click the tab it says "VERY VERY WIP". That's a pretty strong omen.

SomTervo

So I've been playing some games lately... pc games at that... some quick short impressions

Mad Max
Okay so i played like 3 hours of this one, this game looks pretty but honestly its pretty eh. wheres my flamethrower? i want a flamethrower, i know theres a fucking flamethrower... Its the shitty kind of open world where they just litter the map with filler content. Going to try and do as little as that trash as possible to beat the game cause i hate that kind of stuff, its why i don't like when devs do open world, they don't know how to make one. I remember when veggie was posting about it he said it gets better the more you play it so I'll keep going through it. At least the car combat is fun

It does get better, honestly. What I found helped during each session was choosing either to do side activities or main mission. If I was bored by the location/story, I'd do a main mission. If I felt excited by the wasteland and just being Max, I'd do some side content (try to find all the upgrades for a Safehouse/Garage, that's pretty fun and immersive).

Solid game, but honestly I played it in parallel with Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and that's the far superior game out of the pair.

I'm most of the way through and haven't seen a flamethrower?

Arthea

Gave Jerry McPartlin a few minutes to test functionality.

Then on a whim I visited the bluebox interactive website.

It says "Coming soon - Jerry McPartlin" and when I click the tab it says "VERY VERY WIP". That's a pretty strong omen.

I see words, words without meaning, many of those.

At the rate I'm going I should be done with Blood&Wine by the end of the year.

Stranger of sword city looks nice.

I really like FFXII despite its shortcomings, I think it's better than X, I actually bought the Zodiac version and played it through emulation with the fan translation patch a few years ago so I wont be getting the remaster day 1 but I'll own it eventually, hopefully on steam.

gar3

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Three Digits -- MB-C10EDB5B9E6C9FA9 - Taken by Loptous

Stall19

Oh god Grim Fandango, some of these damn puzzles. I guess I'm going to use every item everywhere because I have no idea what will work. I thought I was trying to poison the birds or something but nope scare them away by making them pop a balloon. I already used a balloon somewhere else so I thought I was done with it so I guess not.

Anyone knows a good CS:Go key seller, that has a lot of stock? Wanna stock up for the Summer sale before the price of the keys goes down. I want to buy about 100 keys. Any seller for 1,90$ or 1,95$?

JarrodL

Anyway the expansion lasted me 29 hours, I had 138 before starting it, now I have 167, so I can't really see how some people spent 40 hours on it
- not using fast travel and instead walking/riding everywhere manually
- walking instead of running to enjoy the sights or because it's more immersive
- playing lots of gwent & other side activities
- experimenting with mutations, trying different builds
- crafting and trying out all the available armor sets

Lots of ways to increase playtime there. Some people will do none of that, some people may do all of that.

Arthea

I kinda think that playtime discussions of more complex games are even more meaningless than genre definition ones. At least genre definitions should be uniform, even if they aren't, while playtimes are indeed very personal.

Ludens

Banned
Does Steam works for you?
I can't download the Hitman patch, it got stucked at 140mb, and it won't start the download, not even rebooting Steam works.

- not using fast travel and instead walking/riding everywhere manually
- walking instead of running to enjoy the sights or because it's more immersive
- playing lots of gwent & other side activities
- experimenting with mutations, trying different builds
- crafting and trying out all the available armor sets

Lots of ways to increase playtime there. Some people will do none of that, some people may do all of that.

Did all gwent quests in both the exps and vanilla game, I can't understand why people doens't want to use fast travel and wanting to walk instead of running.

derExperte

I can't download the Hitman patch, it got stucked at 140mb, and it won't start the download, not even rebooting Steam works.

Change download region.

Anyone knows a good CS:Go key seller, that has a lot of stock? Wanna stock up for the Summer sale before the price of the keys goes down. I want to buy about 100 keys. Any seller for 1,90$ or 1,95$?

Why buy now when you expect the price to go down?

Did all gwent quests in both the exps and vanilla game, I can't understand why people doens't want to use fast travel and wanting to walk instead of running.

It works perfectly fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom