• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I though you got 1000 per day not 100.
Yeah, I was also thrown off seeing 1000XP but this clears it up. Pretty well done meta game.
3yIlhE8.png

It's possible that after the mess that was MKX. They might be considering that it's better to just do late ports with all the DLC. Makes the porting job easier for whatever studio they get.
So long as it ain't some Arkham knight craziness.

I think they just dropped. This is crazy though.

I really need to get into gwent when I replay TW3, never bothered with it.
Between doing progress on the main game or taking the time to learn gwent I always ended up doing the former.

GOG has reached a new low in metagaming is all I'm saying and someone should investigate it.

It depends.

But like I said. Valve did the same with their previous metagames.

They wanted people to buy games to get achievements and then coal to gamble for games.
Or the summer sale, where you also could buy items/DLC/TF2 things with achievements.

Ludens

Banned
GOG has reached a new low in metagaming is all I'm saying and someone should investigate it.

I think you are just trolling, now.
Of course they want people to spend money. GOG gives a lot of FREE games, a thing which doesn't happen on Steam, not with the same frequency. They just launched GOG Connect giving a lot of free games to all people, they are running a business, and they need to sell to stay in the market.

Arkham Knight performance is weird.

It runs at 30 fps and is pretty much a stutterfest until I tab out and tab back in and then it runs smooth at 50-60 fps.

I got Xenonauts for free for owning it on Steam and I also have not touched it.

It's a pretty good game, you should definitely check it out if you like Xcom at all.

MUnited83

For you.
I think you are just trolling, now.
Of course they want people to spend money. GOG gives a lot of FREE games, a thing which doesn't happen on Steam, not with the same frequency. They just launched GOG Connect giving a lot of free games to all people, they are running a business, and they need to sell to stay in the market.
Allowing you to redeem Steam games you own and paid for on your GOG account is not the same as actually giving away free games though.

Bluth54

That sounds fantastic and thanks for the detailed write-up. Getting excited!
Yeah I'm really excited about this update. I've been playing TF2 since 2007 and at the end of 2014 I was really disappointed, Valve seemed to be doing as little as possible to make as much money as possible and it really didn't feel like they cared about TF2. Ever since the Gun Mettle update last July it actually feels like they care about TF2 more then they have in years and this upcoming summer update sounds extremely exciting.

I think the combination of Overwatch, the negative reaction from the community to removing the Snowplow map from the End of the Line update and the general unhappiness in the community forced Valve to really step up their game.

Nordicus

Sounds like a meta game to get people to actually pay up money to get things for free. Hopefully Sterling is reading a video about it. These kind of scams can't be let run rampant.
Oh how will Blizzard ever do business again under all this mix of hyperbolic and ideological criticism?!

derFeef

Yeah I'm really excited about this update. I've been playing TF2 since 2007 and at the end of 2014 I was really disappointed, Valve seemed to be doing as little as possible to make as much money as possible and it really didn't feel like they cared about TF2. Ever since the Gun Mettle update last July it actually feels like they care about TF2 more then they have in years and this upcoming summer update sounds extremely exciting.

I think the combination of Overwatch, the negative reaction from the community to removing the Snowplow map from the End of the Line update and the general unhappiness in the community forced Valve to really step up their game.

Great to see some like-minded TF2 players around, altough the Gun Mettle update never grabbed me that much and MvM was an oddity for me, since I don't have buddies to coop with. Hopefully we hear something soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think he meant those separately, GOG Connect and Free Games. They do give a lot of free games though.

Right. I think I had almost 50 games on GOG before I ever purchased anything there, although some of those were from bundles if I recall.

The promo is actually pretty good - each dollar spent = 1000 points. So for example if you buy the Star Wars bundle that's on sale today and do all the other "free" things like have an account and visit the 2FA page, you'll get Spelunky, Gabriel Knight, and Dreamfall Chapters.

Amzin

I've not played it for a while so can't remember, does Hyper Light Drifter have a manual save?

The autosave reminds me it's saved before I quit the game, but no progress is being saved.

There's no "Save" in the menu, no. It saves every time you change rooms pretty much, or pick up a collectible/whathaveyou. Can't think of any reason it wouldn't be saving progress unless it is having permission issues with the save directory? Could try running it as administrator.

Ludens

Banned
Allowing you to redeem Steam games you own and paid for on your GOG account is not the same as actually giving away free games though.

It's exaclty the same thing, or almost. Given free games is for all people, it doesn't count if you own that game or not.
Giving you the DRM free version of a game you just purchase is almost the same, since GOG business is based on providing DRM free copies of their games, so for GOG is like giving free games away, only to a minor number of people.
That's the difference.

MUnited83

For you.
It's exaclty the same thing, or almost. Given free games is for all people, it doesn't count if you own that game or not.
Giving you the DRM free version of a game you just purchase is almost the same, since GOG business is based on providing DRM free copies of their games, so for GOG is like giving free games away, only to a minor number of people.
That's the difference.

But it isn't, you're getting a game you already have. I guarantee you there's barely anyone that would ever think about double dipping those games and buying them on GOG instead. It absolutely counts that you own that game. It's because you own that game in the first place that you're able to get the GOG version.

Nier PC port, Automata PC version reveal, FF XII info and Mankind Divided incoming.

Hoping for the first two to be real :D

Wow, Deus Ex GO.

Sounds like a meta game to get people to actually pay up money to get things for free. Hopefully Sterling is reading a video about it. These kind of scams can't be let run rampant.

bless us with a video papa sterling, i need your insight on this.

/s

/s

/s

Ludens

Banned
But it isn't, you're getting a game you already have. I guarantee you there's barely anyone that would ever think about double dipping those games and buying them on GOG instead. It absolutely counts that you own that game. It's because you own that game in the first place that you're able to get the GOG version.

How can you guarantee me there's barely anyone willing for a DRM free copy of the game?
Often I buy stuff on HumbleStore just because they offer a DRM free version plus a Steam key.
Some person prefer having a DRM free copy to store in a cd/dvd/hdd and play on Steam to get achievements and Steam features.
There's a market for DRM free games, so if GOG is giving you free DRM free copies for the games you own, they are still giving you something, it's not thin air, that's what they sell, DRM free games.
If for you their value is 0 ok, but for other people having the ability to get a DRM free copy is a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom