• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Dragonsphere GOG -- MB-93F2AE41598E3D77 - Taken by Zeeman. 4 entrants total.

t1465416636z1.png

Someone won this one year ago, but he never bothered to redeem it. Please enter only if you wanna activate it, it's a very good point and click game and it deserves your time.

MUnited83

For you.
How can you guarantee me there's barely anyone willing for a DRM free copy of the game?
Often I buy stuff on HumbleStore just because they offer a DRM free version plus a Steam key.
Some person prefer having a DRM free copy to store in a cd/dvd/hdd and play on Steam to get achievements and Steam features.
There's a market for DRM free games, so if GOG is giving you free DRM free copies for the games you own, they are still giving you something, it's not thin air, that's what they sell, DRM free games.
If for you their value is 0 ok, but for other people having the ability to get a DRM free copy is a big plus.

But if that person cared about that in the first place, they would have bought it from GOG instead, not Steam. That, and some of the games are already DRM-free in the steam version in the first place.
It's a nice thing they are doing here, but it's not really "free games".

Can you cross-region gift Steam movies?

I'd be willing to be any non-US gaffer's hookup for Snoop Dogg's the Wash.

Well, it's both yes and no. Technically yes, functionally no. You can gift someone a movie and they can activate on their account (assuming your original account is from the region free countries), but that person will need to use a IP from the places where the movie is available to actually watch it. Sadly, the streaming is IP locked.

So I finally buy Total Warhammer (after sorting out the CC problems from earlier).. and now it's stuck on allocating disk space.

This game will be the death of me.

Edit: Only 9.4 GB, not 35 GB as the store page threatened? I'm impressed.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well, it's both yes and no. Technically yes, functionally no. You can gift someone a movie and they can activate on their account (assuming your original account is from the region free countries), but that person will need to use a IP from the places where the movie is available to actually watch it. Sadly, the streaming is IP locked.

I think the important thing is having Snoop Dogg's the Wash on your Steam account, so the offer still stands.

dex3108

Regarding WD2

Speaking of which, there are no more towers to unlock. The entire San Francisco Bay Area will be open from the start for you to explore and discover the stories and secrets that lie within. From the lush lawns of Silicon Valley, to the cultured streets of San Francisco and the gorgeous views of Marin County, each neighborhood has its own vibe and feel.

Ludens

Banned
But if that person cared about that in the first place, they would have bought it from GOG instead, not Steam. That, and some of the games are already DRM-free in the steam version in the first place.
It's a nice thing they are doing here, but it's not really "free games".

It's for them, because GOG won't see any money from those games they give you.
Also the DRM free version GOG provides is usually the best, giving extra contents too.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Bleh, to get in on the Bloodstained test you needed to have KS'd for 60 bucks. Whatever, doesn't look to interesting to me, I'll wait.

*checks KS*

Oh damn, I backed it for 60 bucks. Uhhh, looks awesome, can't wait.

Locust

Anyone know of a way to retrieve positive/negative ratings count for a game on Steam though some storefront API?

I know they're on the review tab buttons but maybe there's some better way.

MUnited83

For you.
come the fuck on Groupees

401 Unauthorized
The page you requested could not be served to you as you lack authorithation.

To help you resolve the issue, here are some tips:
We have noticed that this is the first time you’ve used this PayPal account with us. For your safety, your account is temporarily locked until you confirm your ownership of the PayPal account. Please check the email account associated with the PayPal account for instructions. If you are using Gmail, check your promotional box. If you cannot find this email after waiting about 30 minutes, you may contact support and mention code
No guys, this is not the first time i'm using this paypal account with you. I've used this account to pay for all 155 bundles I bought from you throughout the years. Jeez.

come the fuck on Groupees

No guys, this is not the first time i'm using this paypal account with you. I've used this account to pay for all 155 bundles I bought from you throughout the years. Jeez.

That happened to me yesterday after I bought 3 bundles in a row from them. They sent me a link to unlock my account and it worked fine after that, but yeah it was annoying.

neoemonk

Didn't realize how many people disliked Gone Home. Like many of my Steam games I've had it for a while and haven't played it. Maybe I will just take a pass on it.

Jawmuncher

Have you ever wanted to dig through someone's computer, and then spy on them the rest of the day? Even if you don't that's how uncomfortably close this game is. The story is front and center here and the gameplay is nothing more than a piece to tell that story. It reminds me of Analogue a Hate Story in some ways. Since before booting up the game you explore a fake desktop, where you can find numerous info and files. Then once booted into the game, it's like really playing a mindless mmo. It does it's job of making you feel like you're playing this game just to talk to someone else, all the while checking messages from other friends to get more from the story. It only took me an hour to play, but I would definitely say it's worth trying out. Especially at the $1 price on humble for it in the current bundle. Considering it's length I don't want to go into specifics on the story, but it kept me hooked for it's short duration. Even if I knew where it was going. It want's to tell a message and it does just that. My biggest complaint is that I wish there was a bit more of an epilogue to it all.

Soulflarz

Banned
Gone home doesn't have a strong twist or story and tbh I think it's popular because people like that one aspect of the plot too much because it's a very popular topic but the game itself is very zzz and it kind of rests on a plot that isn't possible in reality iirc?

kagamin

Gone home doesn't have a strong twist or story and tbh I think it's popular because people like that one aspect of the plot too much because it's a very popular topic but the game itself is very zzz and it kind of rests on a plot that isn't possible in reality iirc?

It was made near where I live, but I've never played it, there was even a newspaper article about it a little while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom