• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Have you ever wanted to dig through someone's computer, and then spy on them the rest of the day? Even if you don't that's how uncomfortably close this game is. The story is front and center here and the gameplay is nothing more than a piece to tell that story. It reminds me of Analogue a Hate Story in some ways. Since before booting up the game you explore a fake desktop, where you can find numerous info and files. Then once booted into the game, it's like really playing a mindless mmo. It does it's job of making you feel like you're playing this game just to talk to someone else, all the while checking messages from other friends to get more from the story. It only took me an hour to play, but I would definitely say it's worth trying out. Especially at the $1 price on humble for it in the current bundle. Considering it's length I don't want to go into specifics on the story, but it kept me hooked for it's short duration. Even if I knew where it was going. It want's to tell a message and it does just that. My biggest complaint is that I wish there was a bit more of an epilogue to it all.

Isn't the epilogue
that she made a game to tell the story
?

I think I have the Deluxe Edition, but not the complete edition. I don't know how I can tell though

At any rate, thanks! I think I'll grab the SP

easy way to check is go to the Main Menu when you boot up the game and click Additional Content > Acquired Content

that will show what you already have installed

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
what if, like the hit film series the purge, there was one day where everyone on steam could permanently remove one game from sale. . . . .

derExperte

what if, like the hit film series the purge, there was one day where everyone on steam could permanently remove one game from sale. . . . .

RIP Far Cry 2.

Also I should continue my campaign for a purge day on GAF. One permaban per person, no exceptions, not even mods are safe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC's wet dream

impact

Banned

I would remove CS:GO and fix the cheater problem

I would be heralded as the one true king of the seven kingdoms, and name you the hand of the king for giving me this brilliant idea.

RIP Far Cry 2.

Also I should continue my campaign for a purge day on GAF. One permaban per person, no exceptions, not even mods are safe.

Far Cry 2?
giphy.gif

MUnited83

For you.
After watching a few more WD 2 stuff, its definitely a buy from me. Game looks great with the parkour, co-op, and finally hacking cars.

Day1

NVIDIA coupon pls

Last Lawbreakers twitch session in 2 hours

t1465426800z4.png

I would remove CS:GO and fix the cheater problem

I would be heralded as the one true king of the seven kingdoms, and name you the hand of the king for giving me this brilliant idea.

I like CSGO cheaters, they make the match more interesting.

I usually save up for an AWP and fish out the cheater for free dinks.

Who are all those Twitch dum dums (well except for TotalBiscuit)?

And also remove Far Cry 2? Nah son, that's my favorite. Remove the bad WB PC ports would be the first victims of the Steam Purge.

Darkroronoa

The necessity of using the mobile authenticator to sell on the market is crap :(
I have loads of cards and not only i have to wait 14 days, i have to confirm with email every single card? jesus..

I dont have an android phone, i have a windows phone. What choices do i have? Can i make do with an android tablet and using my phone to get the code or am i missing anything?

Vibranium

Banned
I like the looks of Mankind Divided's Breach mode. Should be pretty fun to solve puzzles for a while and this way microtransactions won't be in the main game.

If anyone is interested in collecting potentially rare Steam stuff the current Groupees software bundle has a typing instructor software, but the keys activate a beta Mac version instead of the Windows version Steam sells. Not sure what's going to happen when they get this fixed or if they will fix it.

mp1990

Banned
My favorite game will always be on a disc (well one disc and 3 installation discs), check and mate.

Well... I'll open an exception for you then, and instead of getting rid of your favorite game I'll burn all Miku merchandise existent out there >:D

Ozium

Hand of Fate is fucking legit...

Going to buy the DLC in Summer Sale for sure, and I hear it's getting a sequel?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Humble Bundle have any plans to come out with a desktop client? I have so many DRM free games there now.

Last I heard, they weren't working on anything and were instead focusing on improving their current web-based account system and game delivery.

impact

Banned
Fuck cheaters.

Such a screwed up mentality.

Yea whether it's because you're not a good player but want to achieve the rank of a good player, or just trying to piss people off and make them waste their time... I don't get the mentality. It's too bad Valve aren't as harsh as Blizzard on cheaters, imo one VAC ban should disqualify you from playing any other game that's VAC secured.

I really don't buy the whole "it's only a CoD VAC" that every single person with a ban says.

Amzin

Last I heard, they weren't working on anything and were instead focusing on improving their current web-based account system and game delivery.

That would be fine by me. At least half the games in my "unclaimed keys" list are, in fact, claimed :l All the various ways of navigating my library there are a nightmare really

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Forest -- MB-4C616B49483DC930 - Taken by oipic. 10 entrants total.

t1465424972z1.png

Ozium

Personally having seen those threads before, I'd prefer to have fewer more interesting recommendations than the kitchen sink approach. Like instead of 100 write-ups, maybe just 30 curated write-ups and then a bunch of text listings. I know a lot of other people prefer the opposite, so I can't say if this is feedback worth hearing or not.

I prefer this also. With the kitchen sink approach of like 4 page of lists, by the 3rd and 4th post I get bored looking through them... a curated list would be better, and other people can always post suggestions of their own IMO, makes the thread more active too since people may give suggestions rather than 20-30 posts of "great list OP!"

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

My Bones -- MB-51CD229854BCACB3 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 6 entrants total.
Enigmatis The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-B48839917F558EDD - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Space Codex -- MB-A68238C4DD484525 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Stacks TNT -- MB-9177ECE5F3A68154 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Time Mysteries Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-088E11F7471BA076 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Respawn Man -- MB-166E45CA364E6BD3 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Enigmatis 2 The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-D7F8F1CCE0345B32 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-A52EBF8B5EB0FA0D - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-1584B85ACB766258 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-7150D2739571514E - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Fire -- MB-A64EB41F94FB98F8 - Taken by Catshade. 5 entrants total.
Morphine -- MB-594CA67A0560E16E - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Case #8 -- MB-7D902BD1F1D5AE14 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
City Z -- MB-BC1A3B770ED990F6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Time Mysteries 3 The Final Enigma -- MB-59AB058F01364445 - Taken by Nzyme32. 3 entrants total.
Time Mysteries 2 The Ancient Spectres -- MB-6E54189C25A9A6FC - Taken by someguyinahat. 6 entrants total.
Song of the Myrne What Lies Beneath -- MB-E07D149B11ED8BFF - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Lucius II -- MB-A6764AB18E9F0B0E - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.
Left in the Dark No One on Board -- MB-DF1B8C1AA0CCF52D - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
Rush for gold Alaska -- MB-F304FC56737F6A27 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.
Game Type -- MB-F9A825774782237B - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
Polyball -- MB-F7F923F091AAC2F7 - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.

t1465435423z1.png

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368370/

Just finished Her Story. Took me about 2 hours and came away enjoying it way more than I thought I would. It really makes you feel like a detective. It's really interesting piecing the story together in your own way. Since you shouldn't be seeing it all in orders. I was getting big pieces through regular play and when I finally opt to get the rest of the clips with the guide, I was surprised to have done so much by myself. It's definitely a game where you should strive to see all of the story. Mainly since it's so good and very well acted. It's currently a dollar in the Humble Narrative bundle and it's worth far more than that.

jshackles

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.6. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added an item counter to both party's item selection in trade offer windows
  • Added a filter box to wishlist pages, making it easy to find games by name
  • Wishlist sort and filter options are now in a drop down menu, rather than links
  • Added a new wishlist sort option to sort by discount dollar amount
  • Video player HD settings will now be saved between page loads
  • Wishlist totals for large wishlists will display after pressing a button, improving performance
  • Fixed a bug that caused highlighting to break on activity pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused coupons not to display correctly on store pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused "Not Interested" tags to not show on continuous scrolling search results
  • Fixed a bug that caused users homepage carousel to be malformed in some cases
  • Fixed a layout bug with regional price comparison on sale items
  • Gamefly has been renamed to Direct2Drive in price comparisons
  • References to the EU2 region have been removed from regional price displays
  • Closed stores Shinyloot, Adventure Shop, GameTap, GetGames, and Gameolith were removed from comparisons
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. The beta version of the Firefox extension is now available on firefox.enhancedsteam.com

Once again, a HUGE "thank you" goes out to contributor JoiNNN for helping immensely with this release, a lot of these features wouldn't have been possible without him.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom