• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW TIME SCHEDULE

Rocket League game night tomorrow night for any of you guys that will be interested.

It will the first time I play the game, so let's have some fun.

Preferably twilight zoneiens for low latency, but everybody is welcome.

t1465567200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - mp1990
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 - Exosoul
8 -

That time though.....

Endruen

NEW TIME SCHEDULE

Rocket League game night tomorrow night for any of you guys that will be interested.

Preferably twilight zoneiens for low latency, but everybody is welcome.

t1465567200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - mp1990
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 - Exosoul
8 -
I think it's 4 PM here, so it's ok for me, it's the time when I just finished having lunch after college and I relax on my PC. I have to study, though, but I don't think we will be more than 1 or 2 hours, right?
Count me in.

mp1990

Banned
NEW TIME SCHEDULE

Preferably europeans for low latency, but everybody is welcome.

The estimated game length will be between 1 and 2 hours.

t1465567200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - mp1990
3 - Endruen
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 - Exosoul
8 -
Sorry, that'll be way too early for me, you can risk my name off :/

Sch1sm

That time though.....

The Eurokids always play at these weird hours for North+South America. Like I was always at work for Killing Floor 2. ;-;

79,000 people are playing GTA5 on Steam:O 3 most played right now. I've not seen such high numbers since it came out.

Is the update worth checking out? GTA5 is just one of those online multiplayer titles I really wanted to sink into but I never found anyone to play with. It seems like it would be a lot of fun if you found a good crew.

Pretty much the only time it is fun, unless you're simply messing with people due to already being decently established online. There was a guy who just ran everyone over constantly with a tank one time I played, like. Personally never been able to get into it in my own. Partying up makes it more competitive to me.

What is the fastest way to go to greenlight on the mobile app?

Is it even there? It'd be under community tab in the menu, if so, certain.

Played Cibele, 46 minutes wasted.

Mind sharing specifics?

Ludens

Banned
I haven't played MGS5, is a higher or lower number better?

From the comments it seems like disarming or getting to zero is better.

Number means nothing, all numbers on all platforms should be 0 to see the secret ending, but on PC we have 6k because the multiplayer is full of cheaters and Konami didn't bother to implement an anti-cheat system.

Mind sharing specifics?

Well, as a proper game, is kinda bland, you do absolutely nothing, you just need to click from time to time to get all dialogues until the game ends, after 46 minutes.
As for the proper...plot? Experience? I don't know how to describe it, but basically is about
a girl falling in love with a random dude when playing a mmorpg. They chat, they have sex, but in the end she loved him while the dude wanted only having sex with her. After this, the game simply ends. It was all kinda pointless, even on how the whole thing is narrated. I mean, there's no message in the game, not a positive or negative one. Those two people met in an online game, they had sex, and the game ended. What's the point of that? Never trust relationship based on the Internet? Proceed with the relationship to discover how it ends? I don't know, because it all feels very rushed and badly narrated to me. I mean, I thought the game was about sex as a taboo or something like that, instead there's nothing here.

neoemonk

Steam sale time again...hoo boy.

My June money is dedicated to Tokyo Mirage Sessions though...

I guess I could scrape something together if there are some good deals...

Ludens

Banned
As usual, my policy is to get only stuff from my wishlist with a 75% off or more discount.
As usual, I will probably get 1 or 2 games, because those days rarely games get such a deep discount, plus I have a lot of just released titles on my wish.

Anyway Styx is amazing, I did the PS4 version (free with Plus) on the highest difficulty, I need to replay the first two levels without killing anyone but I managed to end the game without being spotted. The stealth is legit, the only issues I had with the game are:

-you get as upgrades some very basic moves you should have from the beginning
-sometimes making a jump and land where you need it's a titanic work

Also you NEED to play it stealthly, no way you can manage to go around murdering people, expecially later in the game with some specific enemies.

As usual, my policy is to get only stuff from my wishlist with a 75% off or more discount.
As usual, I will probably get 1 or 2 games, because those days rarely games get such a deep discount, plus I have a lot of just released titles on my wish.

Wait for the dailies.... Oh....

Aaron D.

Well, as a proper game, is kinda bland, you do absolutely nothing, you just need to click from time to time to get all dialogues until the game ends, after 46 minutes.
As for the proper...plot? Experience? I don't know how to describe it, but basically is about
a girl falling in love with a random dude when playing a mmorpg. They chat, they have sex, but in the end she loved him while the dude wanted only having sex with her. After this, the game simply ends. It was all kinda pointless, even on how the whole thing is narrated. I mean, there's no message in the game, not a positive or negative one. Those two people met in an online game, they had sex, and the game ended. What's the point of that? Never trust relationship based on the Internet? Proceed with the relationship to discover how it ends? I don't know, because it all feels very rushed and badly narrated to me. I mean, I thought the game was about sex as a taboo or something like that, instead there's nothing here.

Heh.

Your primary complaints are one of the big reasons I found Cibele so satisfying.

I love it when a creator has enough confidence in their audience that they don't go all heavy-handed on spelling out "the moral of the story". Life isn't that simple or black & white. And different people will draw different conclusions from the narrative in Cibele based on their own life experiences. It helps make the game feel more personal and authentic.

Like there's no implicitly-stated message. It just is. The game felt honest and raw to me. I thought is was a success.

ArjanN

Eh, I felt there's was definitely a bit more subtext there.

mp1990

Banned
This gonna be my first Summer Sale, I'm pretty stoked for it. Probably gonna overspend on stuff where the discount isn't really worth it (read it as: The Witness and MGSV), but isn't that life?

Grief.exe

Ordered my PSU, case, CPU, and GPU.
Just need to order my loop, mobo, and ram.

PSU: Silverstone 700W SFX-L Platinum
Case: Ncase
CPU: 6700K
GPU: 980ti

Who is everyone's summer rebuild going?

This gonna be my first Summer Sale, I'm pretty stoked for it. Probably gonna overspend on stuff where the discount isn't really worth it (read it as: The Witness and MGSV), but isn't that life?

First few sales are always the best because everything you want is on sale. After a couple years of amassing hundreds of games, sales become less appealing because you literally own everything.

First experience with Steam Controller :

This is going to take some getting used to. Like the 'trackpad' though.

Running up that learning curve at full speed.

Messiah

Paradox is having a summer sale on their webstore right now. I grabbed some EU4 DLC, but there's also a bunch of Crusader Kings II and Cities: Skylines stuff on sale, among other games.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/featured-deals

Nice, wanted to grab Victoria 2 soon so might as well do it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Still need the major EU4 expansions that came out after Art of War but I don't want to spend so much money at the moment. Hmm, I'll consider it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any chance you have reconsidered making an Edge extension? Lastpass released theirs yesterday and I'm finally making the switch full time.

I'm still open to the idea of building an Edge extension as it seems pretty straightforward. However, they still haven't opened the platform up to more than a handful of "select developers". For example, there are 10 Edge extensions right now, and 4 of them were made by Microsoft directly.

Once they have the tools (and documentation) in place for anyone and everyone to make their own extensions, look for a version of Enhanced Steam for Edge soon afterwards.

Khronico

Things I'm most wanting to go on sale this summer seal:

Evochron Legacy
Elite Dangerous Horizons
GTAV
The Sea Will Claim Everything
Caves of Qud
Blood & Gold: Caribbean
XCOM 2

Nordicus

There, I bought Trails in the Sky. Am I a good person now GAF?
Has been on GOG for cheaper but I'll just consider that my procrastination tax. I got the Gabriel Knight game thanks to this purchase tho!

Phawx

Hey guys,

I just got early access code for Fable Fortune (Hearthstone meets Fable) and wanted to do a quick video that shows some quick gameplay and an overview of all the cards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu_756MVJ_g

They gave me a Steam code for it so it looks like it's going to be on Steam which is pretty cool.

Finished up Watchdogs earlier and I have to say I kind of like it. The only other open world games I really have to compare it too are GTA SA and Saints Row 4 and it definitely falls short of both of those.

However the hacking part was different and I felt well done, if anything it could have used more of that as the cover shooting wasn't really that good (problems getting into and out of cover mainly).

Also everything that people say about the main character are true, he is just terrible, I didn't care about him at all. If the game had you playing Jordi or T-Bone it would probably have been better.
There is a DLC with you playing as T-Bone but for some reason I can see no way to start it and from some searches it seems like I'm not the only one.
It was kind of funny how, at the end, they try to make him out to be this really smart and cool person even though they completely failed to do that throughout the game.

The trailers for the new game don't hype me up that much even if i did like the first one overall. I may pick it up in the future but it is entirely dependent on reviews and only when it is on sale.

MS is a big company, very big. Even a hundred million profit can be viewed as a needless investion by some who aim for billions (!). Remember reading some big investors wanting to get rid of Xbox division altogether because its "mere" profit of millions paled in comparison to the financial juggernauts Office & Windows and they'd prefer investing the manpower elsewhere.
Keeping that in mind, I wonder if they even care about bad Winstore sale numbers to consider Steam support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom