• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

ok,found someone on steam with name like this

����������������������

how he did it?
where i can find the unicode or site to convert words to this?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
740k according to SteamSpy makes this around 15k copies.

And it was far cheaper with tricks.

But Quantum Break and Gears of War sold exactly 0 copies on Steam, so Winstore is still winning.

But that's assuming Quantum Break and Gears of War sold more copies on the Windows store than Steam.

L.O.R.D

��������

̛̭̰̃Ḭ̛̛̭̭̰̃̃T̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃'̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃S̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ñ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃Ỡ̛̰̭̭̰̃T̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃W̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ỡ̛̰̭̭̰̃R̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃K̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ḭ̛̛̭̭̰̃̃Ñ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃G̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃W̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ḭ̛̛̭̭̰̃̃T̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃H̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃M̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ḛ̛̭̃

̛̭̰̃Ḭ̛̛̭̭̰̃̃T̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃'̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃S̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ñ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃Ỡ̛̰̭̭̰̃T̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃W̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ỡ̛̰̭̭̰̃R̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃K̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ḭ̛̛̭̭̰̃̃Ñ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃G̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃W̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ḭ̛̛̭̭̰̃̃T̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃H̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃ ̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃M̛̛̰̭̭̰̃̃Ḛ̛̭̃

Lord come back you gone too deep.

L.O.R.D

Lord come back you gone too deep.

w͓̪̹̼̘̗̼͕̞̟̳̹̃́̈́ͥͥͫͮ̿ͯ͑̔̚̚ͅh̞̯̘̜̹̹͕͈̙̣͓̟̘̻̠̙̎̆̓̊̏͂ͤ̚ͅḁ͚̱̺͉̯̱̞̈ͪ͊ͬ̾̄̔ͯ̈̔͒ͥ̂̃͑ͪ͗̓ͫṱ̦̺̮̩͚̺͈̲̗͕ͮ̾̽́̍ͯ̈́͒ ̣͖͎̦̇̂̈ͩ̾̅ͬa̠̩̗̳͍̬̫̞̳̫͎̗̮ͥͩ̓̉͒ͩͤ͛̐͋ͭ͊ͨ̀̆̃̐ͦ͐r̯̬̜̪̜͚̱͕̲̱̜̘͉̮̮̠͙͍͑ͬ̔͌͂ͪ̂e̜̬͚̼̻̯͙̮ͦͬͮ͗͂ͪͧ̾́̓͒̏̊͋͂̔̚ ̫͇̙̜̬̻̘̼ͨ̇̐ͩͯͬ̄̈́̓ͥͨ̑ͣͣ̊̈́ͅy̲̻̥͔̺͕͚̣̋̒ͦͥ̽ͩ̔̎͌̂̀͗ͯ̀o͙̱͇̗̪̟̤̩̖̯̬̥̠̮̦̼̻ͬ̒͗͑̂̏ͦ̑̚u̥̪̤͈͙͇̓ͣ̇ͦ͑͋ͩ͒̈͆̄̊̆̋̒ ̭̝͚̲̤̞̟̞̦̗̪͉̱̀̌̈̔́ͨ̌̉͌̏t̩͙̭̫͓̦͕̿ͦ͒͛ͬ̚a̬̣̳̘͙̹͍̖̳̭̥̭̤̱̝̩͂ͣͦ̋̈́̇̓̒ͧ́́ͧ̓̍̾l͎̰̼̳̬̰͙̮̙͇̫͎̆̅͑͆͋͆k̩̤̩̗͔̮̰͎̘̙̼̜͔͈̲̰̭̳̃̑͛̔̾͊̈ͥ̽̾ͅi͚̼̪͙͎̭͕͖͙̖̥̙̫͓̥̽̊͑̾̑̓ͣͅͅñ̥̪̫͉̹̘̩̬͈̭͍̤ͯͫ̐̈́̽ͮ̔ͅg͙̦̻͓̪̙̰̩̝̯͎͓ͬ͆̋ͪͤ̔̓͌̒̀͆ ̯͚͎̣̰̭̲̳̲̭̪͚̽̒̾̑ͥͮ̐ͤͫ̈́̽̈̊ͬạ͔̫̣̮̠̯̰̹̯̙̞̥̭̱͔̱ͫͭͩ͆͐ͮͣ͒͛ͤ͊̄ͅb̮̤̝̼̭̍̈̑ͦ̊ͥͦͥ̉͊ͯͤ̉̚o̩͍͖̜͑̌̆ͫ̆̽ͧ̽̇ͬͫͤ̀́̀ǘ̳̗̰̤̮̹̤̹̬̤ͩ̂̊ͥ̀͌ͨͯ̿t͓̘̤͍̗̰͇̤ͦ͛͛̽͋͐̔ͣͩ̿ͭͥ̉̈́̔ͦ̇̉̒,͎̟̝͎͇̪̱̥̠͔̒ͣ̎ͯ̀̀ͧ̾̆ͯ̓̈́i̘̺̣̺̹̞̤̭͖̠̟̮̟ͥͥͭ́̈ ̜̙͇̣̼̼͙͕̘͕̼̠͔͈͔̲̰̩ͥͥͬ̽̇ͭ̅̓̃̅a̭̱͚̹̫̦͈͓͔̦̘̞̠̣̼̼̳͉̿ͤͤ͌ͣ͛͑̿̒ͦͮ͌̌ͧ̇̄m̞̟̺͈ͣ́̍ͤ ̫̳̰̣̲͍̬͔̹͙̘̣̫̙̣͙̦͑̾̾̌ͨͨͯ̾̾͑͌̊ͅs̤̮̦̤̫̗͉͖̺̫̳͇̼̫̰̏̅̈́̋̃̔ͪ̎̑ͧ͛͗ͮͮt̜͎̻̱̤̩̏̉̑͋̈ͥ͐̊͌́ͤͅi̭̹̣̯͍͙̪ͮ̑͊̈́ͭͫͭͤͯ͗̆̎ͤl̘̪̙̣̼̯͖͂͌̔ͬ̂ͣ̄̅̓̀̀̈̒̓l͎̣̮̹͇͋ͦ͊̒ ͈̺̗̱̬̰͛̋͆̒ͬ̄ͭͩ̄͑ͥͩ͆̏ͯh̞͓̦̘͉̹̜̥̼̖͙̣͎̝̫ͬ͛͐̇ͅȅ͙̜̼̻̼͍͎̤̮̰̔̓̊̅́͛̆̀ͬr̯̙̜͖͕̮̰̲̗̙͕̳͎̠̼͎̮̜̣͑ͤ̓ͨ̓͊̎ͧͬĕ͖̳͎̥͙̻͖̳̦̙̦͓͎̼̱͖̣̙̺̒ͩ̇̔?

but seriously,i would like to write in that font but i can't find it.

Pixieking

Banned
MS is a big company, very big. Even a hundred million profit can be viewed as a needless investion by some who aim for billions (!). Remember reading some big investors wanting to get rid of Xbox division altogether because its "mere" profit of millions paled in comparison to the financial juggernauts Office & Windows and they'd prefer investing the manpower elsewhere.
Keeping that in mind, I wonder if they even care about bad Winstore sale numbers to consider Steam support.

MS themselves probably don't care all that much about poor Winstore sales, no. But the thing is, it takes two to tango - MS need games from other publishers and developers, if Winstore is going to be a success. And, as long as stories continue to circulate about the poor sales, poor support, poor tech behind Winstore, they won't get them.

Which is good. The worst thing that can happen to PC gaming is for Square, Activision, Ubisoft and EA to legitimize the Winstore it by putting their games on it.

Grief.exe

83m6rjEh.jpg

MS themselves probably don't care all that much about poor Winstore sales, no. But the thing is, it takes two to tango - MS need games from other publishers and developers, if Winstore is going to be a success. And, as long as stories continue to circulate about the poor sales, poor support, poor tech behind Winstore, they won't get them.

Which is good. The worst thing that can happen to PC gaming is for Square, Activision, Ubisoft and EA to legitimize the Winstore it by putting their games on it.

The result would be the same you see with Tomb Raider, so it would be irrelevant.

Pixieking

Banned
The result would be the same you see with Tomb Raider, so it would be irrelevant.

It would, sadly, be more sales than Tomb Raider. People in that thread Gaming-side saying they'll buy their games "wherever" is proof of that.

Not that the sales would be "good" of course, but it would be enough to prevent MS finally giving up the ghost and putting everything on Steam. There's just enough dumb consumers who don't care about the Winstore limitations that MS would take it as a sign to limp on.

Durante

It's kind of bad news to me. I have this feeling that the only reason we even got all these XB1 ports was to leverage the Windows Store, rather than to sell those games.

Given this is MS we're talking about, there's a good chance the result here is no PC ports, rather than Steam releases.
Honestly, if the choice is between not getting the scant few MS-published games on PC and even the slightest chance of UWP succeeding, I find the former far more palatable.

I doubt any third parties has interest in Winstore support and I can't see much activity of MS to change the situation and make in enticing either.

Wonder what the actual behind-doors expectations of MS were by bringing titles exclusively to Winstore. I'd rather have them continue bring their stuff there than leave PC altogether though. Speaking as someone who has no console, a "bad" choice is still better than no choice. Doubt UWP is gonna become successful either way.

Honestly, if the choice is between not getting the scant few MS-published games on PC and even the slightest chance of UWP succeeding, I find the former far more palatable.

Honestly, I miss the time Microsoft didn't cared about PC. At least, they weren't trying to sabotage everything.

Ludens

Banned
I threw that in there to be cheeky.

The reality is that Microsoft is simply too greedy to even thinking on releasing their triple A games on Steam. They want all the money, so simple.
No 30% cut to Valve. Just look at the price of Quantum Break, 70€ for a PC game, a PC game which also launched with the lacking of basic features.
They are pricing those games like that because those ports, I believe, are done with a very small effort and amount of money, they are like "Ok, if people REALLY want our games, they will buy for the price WE decide, even if it's insane."

This is the reason the Win10 store is a giant fiasco: the price, the fact Microsoft wants (ideally) fully control their titles forcing the UWA thing, the draconian way in which you need to download a game (I'm still unable to download Killer Instinct, despite being on the latest Win10 build).

Win10 is an announced failure, if Microsoft won't change their strategy soon, it will be dead in a couple of years max, if they don't stop supporting it before.

Win10 store is following the same strategy of GFWL at launch, some PC ports, Microsoft trying to make PC users pay for Gold, and than the "abandon the ship" thing.

Knurek

Those relative sale numbers for Tomb Raider are the best gaming news I heard all week.

Am I the only one disappointed WinStore managed to hit even 2% of total sales on PC?
Anything above 0.1% is a massive success for Microsoft, considering the state WinStore is in.

Those relative sale numbers for Tomb Raider are the best gaming news I heard all week.

Considering how great strides Microsoft has been making in software side otherwise, I still have no idea what the hell they were thinking with pushing UWP not through great features, but with tiny amount exclusive titles with huge amounts of problems.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I agree completely. Also Microsoft has it's own ecosystem now (like EA does) so my personal philosophy stands - if it's not on Steam, I'm not buying it. Since we don't have Gears / Quantum Break / Killer Instinct / on Steam anyway, I already consider these like we "don't have them on PC".

Hopefully these numbers make them realize that they're potentially leaving a lot of money on the table by not bringing their games to Steam. But if not, I can do without them. I've got plenty of other stuff to play.

I agree completely. Also Microsoft has it's own ecosystem now (like EA does) so my personal philosophy stands - if it's not on Steam, I'm not buying it. Since we don't have Gears / Quantum Break / Killer Instinct / on Steam anyway, I already consider like we "don't have them on PC".

Hopefully these numbers make them realize that they're potentially leaving a lot of money on the table by not bringing their games to Steam. But if not, I can do without them. I've got plenty of other stuff to play.

Agreed. Then again, it's not about brand loyalty. It's as a consumer, about the feature I look forward too and the policies I accept or not.

Arthea

There, I bought Trails in the Sky. Am I a good person now GAF?
Has been on GOG for cheaper but I'll just consider that my procrastination tax. I got the Gabriel Knight game thanks to this purchase tho!

you did well, Nordicus, very well indeed.
now, don't forget to play it

whoa, kinda expected, but still nice to know

Bleah.

Steam needs competition, but the Win10 store is a pile of shit.

gog is steam's competition, or it could be theoretically, after they get their client sorted.

Uzzy

The June update for SFV looks pretty good. Story Mode is finally coming, with all six of the DLC characters playable in it, so we finally get to see Juri, and if Urien's clothes explode off him. They're also ditching the real money/zenny system and just going with Steam money instead. $6/€6 for a character.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The June update for SFV looks pretty good. Story Mode is finally coming, with all six of the DLC characters playable in it, so we finally get to see Juri, and if Urien's clothes explode off him. They're also ditching the real money/zenny system and just going with Steam money instead. $6/€6 for a character.

$36 for 6 characters...

Nzyme32

I agree completely. Also Microsoft has it's own ecosystem now (like EA does) so my personal philosophy stands - if it's not on Steam, I'm not buying it. Since we don't have Gears / Quantum Break / Killer Instinct / on Steam anyway, I already consider these like we "don't have them on PC".

Similar thought process with me. Happy to use a lot of different stores that I trust and have the features / functionality I need. MS show no interest in that or PC gaming, but rather the creation and curation of their own ecosystem, without care or forethought towards the other.

Kaleinc

Banned
Since we don't have Gears / Quantum Break / Killer Instinct / on Steam anyway, I already consider these like we "don't have them on PC".
Technically as they are win10 only titles they are not on pc as single os restriction is more like windowsbox unlike an open platform in broad sense.

Durante

It's actually different for me, I'm willing to buy stuff from everywhere as long as I get what I can consider a PC game. Origin, Uplay -- I might not like them, but I see no need to boycott them out of principle. Not so with UWP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom