• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

As per latest Kickstarter update, Torment: TIdes of Numenera beta is now available to all backers and thus you can get a key and activate it on Steam. Also game delayed once more, from late 2016 to Q1 2017 and again I highly doubt they hit that target. The original target of December 2014 was and is pretty hilarious, but I'll happily wait as long as it takes.

Tizoc

I hope some gameplay videos surface, too, as the trailer gives the impression that the game is orientated more around action than stealth, especially with the giant boss(?) at the end.

What if the giant enemy at the end is a boss but defeated as being a 'puzzle boss', like some of the boss from Legacy of Kain SR?

donny2112

I haven't played much on Steam in the last few months, have ~100 games in my backlog on Steam, and am still excited about the Summer Sale. It's a sickness@!

I made a thread if anyone is interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230683

http://steamcommunity.com/devdays

qO1Xu2g.png

I thought Valve could have abandone the Steam Dev Days, nice to see I was wrong. I enjoyed all the talks I watched on youtube from the first one.

Ucchedavāda;206239675 said:
That looked surprisingly dated.
The animations, in particular, looked really stilted.

And unfortunately it turned out to be a MMOFPS. I was hoping for another game like Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine when I saw it.

I watched a few videos and gameplay wise it's similar to Space Marine (as in, you hack at people with chainsaws and shoot them with bolters) but right now it's like a Battlefield game set in the 40k universe. Doubt that the MMO part will come out anytime soon.

Nzyme32

I thought Valve could have abandone the Steam Dev Days, nice to see I was wrong. I enjoyed all the talks I watched on youtube from the first one.

The hope would be that there are some big new initiatives that Valve get rolling. In 2014 it was everything from the "Steam Universe" of controller, machines, OS, there was the VR research which was much more forward thinking, then there was all the Steam stuff on top. This time I imagine VR will be pretty big, probably some new kind of hardware (I hope Biometrics among other things). I think Vulkan and Source 2 might be getting a show off - hopefully using a new game as case study for it all.

Tenrius

I have a technical question regarding browser addons.

Like in my part time job, we have to work using a website. When we click sth. like "Start working", the time is counted, but we cant see how long we worked at that point, since the thing is only updated every few hours.
So anyone knows if its possible that, as soon as I click start working, that some kind of timer starts to see how long I worked for?

I used to do Leapforce tasks and RaterAide was a huge help. It also apparently works for Lionbridge, but I'm not sure what exactly you're dealing with. It does basically what you described for those two. There's a useful long-running thread about this kind of stuff: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506674

The hope would be that there are some big new initiatives that Valve get rolling. In 2014 it was everything from the "Steam Universe" of controller, machines, OS, there was the VR research which was much more forward thinking, then there was all the Steam stuff on top. This time I imagine VR will be pretty big, probably some new kind of hardware (I hope Biometrics among other things). I think Vulkan and Source 2 might be getting a show off - hopefully using a new game as case study for it all.

Yeah, I'm excited andI hope We get more news about Source 2, the revisional of Steam Controller and maybe an insight about what they are planning. I wonder if they are going to aknowledge the poor sales the Steam Machines got.

Racketeer has a disappointing lack of mouse control, it doesn't even run menus. It also uses Esc to instantly close. I think it did anyway. I had a couple indie games do that recently.

My first encounter in Neo Scavenger outside the faculty was to a wraith of some sort and it basically disembowled me. I wonder if that's a rare creature, since folks talk about fighting bums and dogs, but for this thing I didn't stand a chance.

Ordered my PSU, case, CPU, and GPU.
Just need to order my loop, mobo, and ram.

PSU: Silverstone 700W SFX-L Platinum
Case: Ncase
CPU: 6700K
GPU: 980ti

Who is everyone's summer rebuild going?

First few sales are always the best because everything you want is on sale. After a couple years of amassing hundreds of games, sales become less appealing because you literally own everything.

Running up that learning curve at full speed.
My SSD arrived and it's already installed just to test functionality, but it's still empty. I need to back up and then do a clean install of W10 on it and I'm off to the races. I have a nice brushed aluminum fan controller to install too. Increasing speed, storage, and lowering noise. Nice.

I'm holding on GPUs until the RX 480 has benchmarks. It is a weird spot to be in when places recommend for 1080p gaming. While I am technically there the first thing I do is max all in-game settings and if I get more than 60fps I'll turn off AA and start to supersample. I need a good power to money ratio because I'll use as close to 100 power add I can get most of the time.

Nzyme32

Yeah, I'm excited andI hope We get more news about Source 2, the revisional of Steam Controller and maybe an insight about what they are planning. I wonder if they are going to aknowledge the poor sales the Steam Machines got.

Honestly don't think they care about that. They were pretty clear about starting small scale and not considering risk akin to consoles and alike. I think they'll keep getting feedback and working on the OS and different systems very slowly unless there is some catastrophic Windows issues that make them more aggressive. I imagine all the machines are sold for profit and produced in small numbers anyway. Besides that, it seems that Vulkan is the brunt of the work needed to get Linux in a better shape for performance / porting etc

Nzyme32

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is -65% on GOG. That's what I'm talking about, Steam, please match that.

This is annoying. I want to get it, but then I think that the Steam Sale might do it anyway. If it doesn't, I'll have to wait for another sale, and I'll probably have the same issue.

It's a good thing :p

Nabs

I finally beat Mafia 2. One word: Boring. They wasted a good city by making it entirely story/mission driven like they did. I can't believe how much driving they force on you. I'd love to see how long the game is without having to drive across the map twice per mission.

I started to play some of the DLC, and was happy to see that the Jimmy one was an action/arcade game. ...then they made drive across the map to complete the mission. I deleted it.

I also beat Just Cause 3. It's another meh game. You could make a short 40 minute demo of the game, play that for 15 hours, and have an identical experience. At least they nailed the Wingsuit.

Volimar

I finally beat Mafia 2. One word: Boring. They wasted a good city by making it entirely story/mission driven like they did. I can't believe how much driving they force on you. I'd love to see how long the game is without having to drive across the map twice per mission.

I started to play some of the DLC, and was happy to see that the Jimmy one was an action/arcade game. ...then they made drive across the map to complete the mission. I deleted it.

I also beat Just Cause 3. It's another meh game. You could make a short 40 minute demo of the game, play that for 15 hours, and have an identical experience. At least they nailed the Wingsuit.

I've said it before, but I hate Mafia 2's ending. It's abrupt and somewhat senseless.

Lomax

I can add a Shadowrun Hong Kong purchase to that bundle from the other week for like $7 if someone really wants it.

Edit: Didn't realize the bundle was still running. Go buy that bundle. All of you.

Lomax

The rhythm of play in Hand of Fate is very odd. And I was expecting the combat to be more Diablo and less Arkham. But it's been pretty fun thus far. It seems like it will get more compelling as more stuff unlocks.

yuraya

I can't believe there are rumors of Halo 5 releasing on PC but not MCC. Makes no sense. They need to at the very least bring over the campaigns for the older titles. There is no way I (or many other people on PC) will just dive into playing a 5 installment without playing all the previous story lines.

Gonna be a very shitty decision on their end if this turns out to be true.

Tellaerin

So GOG's giving away System Shock 2 if you log in to claim it through GOG Galaxy? Dunno if anyone already mentioned it (if they did, I missed it :p), but hey, good deal.

Garou

Question to Steam-pros:
I'm currently on a trip back in Europe. Are there any bad things that can happen if I switch my account-region back to here, buy something and later switch back to my Asian country when I get back home? I still have my local PayPal-account.

The Steam-support-page talks about cooldowns, is there anything permanent that might stick to the account?

Lomax

"Free" price errors basically always get revoked. Wasn't there already an error like this with the Fallout 4 season pass that got revoked?

MUnited83

For you.
"Free" price errors basically always get revoked. Wasn't there already an error like this with the Fallout 4 season pass that got revoked?
They don't always get revoked at all. The season pass for Fallout 4 was the first thing on PSN that was ever revoked.

zkylon

zkylewd
torment is shaping up to look pretty good

i don't think i wanna play the beta, i feel like i burned out a bit on it with wasteland 2 so i'll probably skip it

Dang, would be pretty awesome if that was a price error for Fallout 4 on PC.
That looks so good, I wonder if that is actually the PS4 version or the PC version with a PS4 controller, looks damn good either way.
It's a 30fps video so I assume PS4 footage. It does look nice and like a great game. Excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom