• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

Onechanbara Z2 got a 7 MB update:

I wonder if that means that the game will merely scale to whatever resolution your monitor supports while keeping the internal resolution locked or if they actually put in some effort and unlocked the resolution.

redlacs

That sounds pretty serious. I hope you'll be able to recover your account.

i had access back within hours, no real damage done i think. never loved steam support more. now im surprisingly ok if most of the other stuff takes them 3 weeks or longer to sort out, as long as they can deal with this so fast.

t1465567200z0.png

now i need some gametime playtime. im down for rocket league

Arthea

oh wow, a new update actually killed Clicker Heroes for all old players. Losing all progress, no matter what you can gain after another hundreds of hours is a no no.
Also with this update you actually have to lose all your progress on a regular basis, because the way old build worked was nerfed to adjust for a new system.
Oh well, it's OK, now I can finally uninstall it.

Lain

oh wow, a new update actually killed Clicker Heroes for all old players. Losing all progress, no matter what you can gain after another hundreds of hours is a no no.
Also with this update you actually have to lose all your progress on a regular basis, because the way old build worked was nerfed to adjust for a new system.
Oh well, it's OK, now I can finally uninstall it.

Can you... explain what they did exactly? Why would old players lose progress? I haven't booted it up in a while.

Deques

Can you... explain what they did exactly? Why would old players lose progress? I haven't booted it up in a while.

I would guess a new structure in the new update that's not compatible with the old versions. Isn't it possible to not to update to the latest version?

Arthea

they introduced transcendence, kinda like ultra ascension, where you lose everything, all souls, all ancients and even gilds! You get ancient souls by doing this, that grant more powers, but you literally have to start from the beginning every time. Also with this update they removed cheevos giving any DPS, all ancients don't have level caps now, or so it would seem but leveling them is much more expensive.
lots of stuff was nerfed, bosses timers are higher and even some ancients removed, etc.

I totally not going to lose my progress and start over, nope.

edited: forgot to add, you even lose relics!

I would guess a new structure in the new update that's not compatible with the old versions. Isn't it possible to not to update to the latest version?

updates are mandatory on steam

yuraya

Seems like a day doesn't go by where some anime game doesn't get released on Steam. How many more is there? Does Japan really have this many games? Enough is enough dammit.

This is all your fault SteamGAF!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Seems like a day doesn't go by where some anime game doesn't get released on Steam. How many more is there? Does Japan really have this many games? Enough is enough dammit.

I have some very bad news for you.

According to the biggest visual novel website, there are currently 44,516 known visual novels out there in the market at this very moment, and only more keep on coming out.

Arthea

and with this I'm done with clicker games, not a single one installed.
The end of era?
Funny part about it, that both I liked were killed by updates/nerfing.

we barely even started

edited: a new Indiegala bundle, some nice games in this one

Indie Gala "The Indie Life Bundle" is Live!

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!
Disillusions Manga Horror (STEAM) +
Project Pulsation (STEAM) +
Find Out (STEAM) +

Pay $2.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 11 STEAM GAMES!
Scourge: Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle (STEAM) +
Home Sheep Home 2 (STEAM)
Crowman & Wolfboy (STEAM) +
Z.I.O.N. (STEAM) +
Remnants of a Beautiful Day (STEAM)
Sky To Fly: Faster Than Wind (STEAM) +
Evertown (STEAM)
Bullet Life 2010 (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/indielife

Deques

edited: a new Indiegala bundle, some nice games in this one

Indie Gala "The Indie Life Bundle" is Live!

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!
Disillusions Manga Horror (STEAM) +
Project Pulsation (STEAM) +
Find Out (STEAM) +

Pay $2.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 11 STEAM GAMES!
Scourge: Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle (STEAM) +
Home Sheep Home 2 (STEAM)
Crowman & Wolfboy (STEAM) +
Z.I.O.N. (STEAM) +
Remnants of a Beautiful Day (STEAM)
Sky To Fly: Faster Than Wind (STEAM) +
Evertown (STEAM)
Bullet Life 2010 (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/indielife

Which of these games are the nice ones?

Nillansan

Aren't you in love with the Windows Store or something? If Japanese games bother you to no end, you could hang out there.

Madn

Rocket League game in a few hours for any of you guys that will be interested.

It will the first time I play the game, so let's have some fun.

Preferably europeans for low latency, but everybody is welcome.

The estimated game length will be between 1 and 2 hours.

t1465567200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Endruen
3 - gngf123
4 - Teppic
5 - redlacs
6 -
7 - Exosoul
8 - DunderHassan

I have an appointment with the dentist in an hour. If I make it back in time I'll gladly join you. Never played the game before though

Kagemusha

GoG lets you roll back patches on select games. Never tried to do it, and it's not available for every game. Wouldn't help in cases where developer decides to nuke everything and start over. Really surprised developers don't add older versions as paid DLC.

Deques

Home Sheep Home 2
Sky To Fly
Crowman & Wolfboy looks nice, but it's EA still

I am a bit of a fan of Shaun the Sheep, so Home Sheep Home 2 seems to be the most interesting game

GoG lets you roll back patches on select games. Never tried to do it, and it's not available for every game. Wouldn't help in cases where developer decides to nuke everything and start over. Really surprised developers don't add older versions as paid DLC.

Old versions as paid dlcs? No thanks. If new updates are free (and mandatory), then why pay for old versions?

Lain

That's what curation does. The people that curate a store decide if something is worthwhile to be sold on their store, if their audience would want to even see it on the store etc.
I'm glad Steam did away with it, so little gems like CSD got their chance to shine.

Razakin

Rocket League game in a few hours for any of you guys that will be interested.

It will the first time I play the game, so let's have some fun.

Preferably europeans for low latency, but everybody is welcome.

The estimated game length will be between 1 and 2 hours.

t1465567200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Endruen
3 - gngf123
4 - Teppic
5 - redlacs
6 -
7 - Exosoul
8 - DunderHassan

? - Madn
? -
? -

I could hop in (steam id: razakin), as I don't have anything better to do than to have fun in Rocket League and show how bad I am.

they introduced transcendence, kinda like ultra ascension, where you lose everything, all souls, all ancients and even gilds! You get ancient souls by doing this, that grant more powers, but you literally have to start from the beginning every time. Also with this update they removed cheevos giving any DPS, all ancients don't have level caps now, or so it would seem but leveling them is much more expensive.
lots of stuff was nerfed, bosses timers are higher and even some ancients removed, etc.

I totally not going to lose my progress and start over, nope.

edited: forgot to add, you even lose relics!

updates are mandatory on steam

Fuck. This. Noise.

Knurek

Great news. I don't know how will they do it, because the game HAS to be played with dual screens. People who beat it know what I'm talking about.

It really doesn't need to be played with dual screens.
Really.
Just use slightly different font colors for... stuff.
And remove sudoku

Endruen

I'm sure they'll figure something out.

On iOS, they ditched the puzzle rooms and made it a VN. Ya, wasn't the same game as DS for sure.
Really? That's super lame.

It really doesn't need to be played with dual screens.
Really.
Just use slightly different font colors for... stuff.
And remove sudoku
That might actually work, but it's not as subtle.
You can't leave that out, man, sudokus are fun.

Knurek

That might actually work, but it's not as subtle.
You can't leave that out, man, sudokus are fun.

Better yet, start the game with both texts as pure white and gradually change one to blue and the other to red.
Switch it with a nonogram then

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Better yet, start the game with both texts as pure white and gradually change one to blue and the other to red.
Switch it with a nonogram then
No, stop it, stop it!!! Don't try to ruin the game :(

Besides,
the sudoku was perfect, as solving each of the 9 big squares gave you a piece of the solution for the puzzle in the present. You can't do that with picross.

mp1990

Banned
This is a fantastic thing. I may pay full price for it, if it has all the puzzles.
For me, 999 loses lots of its appeal without the puzzles. I know some people loathe the gameplay sections in the game, but I don't think the game would have the same impact without them, with some of the most significant moments completely relying on those (
eg: playing Sudoku with your past self in the ending
), and although I feel some are very poorly designed, I'd still choose them rather than just being a straight up visual novel.

Endruen

No, stop it, stop it!!! Don't try to ruin the game :(

Besides,
the sudoku was perfect, as solving each of the 9 big squares gave you a piece of the solution for the puzzle in the present. You can't do that with picross.

Also 999. Sudoku is all about 9's.

DasFool

I love 999, but a part of me wishes that instead of simply porting it over, they go back and take another look at the amateurish script/localization
some may argue this is intentional because of the last twist but I'm not sure
and lack of a flowchart system. These flaws always prevent a potential replay, whereas VLR was a joy to play thrice. Probably too much effort for just a simple PC port, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom