• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

I'm talking about
the child in the end in the river

Oh, that's right, Thrall. I was thinking of old Moses, sorry XD
Yeah, it's like Moses, but it happens in the original source, IIRC, so it's not the movie's fault.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's not even a spoiler because it's on the trailer.

So it is just me or are other people just randomly not getting mystery cards when they craft i can confirm that at least two badge craftings did not give me a card.

news_the_technomancer_e3_trailer-17937.jpg

The Technomancer: E3 Trailer
---
Torment: Tides of Numenera gets retail version

data

I used the money I was going to use on nox on theme hospital instead

this game is supposed to be really good, right?

So it is just me or are other people just randomly not getting mystery cards when they craft i can confirm that at least two badge craftings did not give me a card.

Sometimes they show up later. Sometimes they are in your inventory even though you didn't get a notification. That's happened to me in the past.

drotahorror

With family sharing, only 1 person can play a game in that entire library at any time? Is that how it works?

Like if I'm sharing my library with my cousin and I'm playing The Evil Within, he can't play anything? Cuz so far that's how it seems.

IamAwake

With family sharing, only 1 person can play a game in that entire library at any time? Is that how it works?

Like if I'm sharing my library with my cousin and I'm playing The Evil Within, he can't play anything? Cuz so far that's how it seems.

Just go into offline mode and that should allow him to play a game while you also enjoy a single player title in your library.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yes, that's how it works (other than the offline workaround noted above)

The owner of the account always gets priority, but anyone you're sharing with is first-come-first-served.

Tizoc

Itll have the worst animation tech ever this season but its gonna be a wild ride regardless
1YerWXL.jpg

Also i will be very disappointed in dusk golem if he hadnt read berserk yet

drotahorror

Just go into offline mode and that should allow him to play a game while you also enjoy a single player title in your library.

Thanks! I was wondering if that would work and so far so good. It's once in a blue moon I play any MP game on steam but it does suck not having my friends list at the moment.

Tenrius

So, what's everybody's take on Cibele? I thought it was well-done for the most part, really captured those feelings of teenage angst, the uncertainties of attraction etc. The ending was a bit abrupt, but it was probably the only sensible way to end the story they wanted to tell.

The game has a lot of negative Steam reviews and reading through them was actually pretty fun because of how clueless they were. Most of the are negative and totally clueless. There's a lot of people who criticize "bad gameplay" (there's sort of a MMO-like game inside the game), nevermind that the REAL gameplay here is browsing through files the protagonist's computer and that MMO thing is basically a backdrop for Skype calls and chats (which, I think, is significant to the story on its own). Others complain about length. It's true that the game is about an hour long, but I don't think it would be possible (or even appropriate) to drag that story for longer than that. In short, it's a classic case of people critcizing a game for being radically different from their idea of what games should be.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did Rocket League have a rank reset or something recently? The players I've been getting match up with as of late haven't been as good. Both sides, with a lot more missed balls, all three cars attacking the same shot, etc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
For me, 999 loses lots of its appeal without the puzzles. I know some people loathe the gameplay sections in the game, but I don't think the game would have the same impact without them, with some of the most significant moments completely relying on those (
eg: playing Sudoku with your past self in the ending
), and although I feel some are very poorly designed, I'd still choose them rather than just being a straight up visual novel.
Same here, I enjoyed the puzzles a lot. The random conversations when exploring the rooms, those funny lines when checking your items, some interesting puzzles to solve, all of that being lost is truly a shame. Not to mention the fact that
doing them again and again, and getting better and faster at solving them, has an explanation in the story.
I think that's a fantastic way to use the medium of games, on top of the twist which
uses the hardware itself

I love 999, but a part of me wishes that instead of simply porting it over, they go back and take another look at the amateurish script/localization
some may argue this is intentional because of the last twist but I'm not sure
and lack of a flowchart system. These flaws always prevent a potential replay, whereas VLR was a joy to play thrice. Probably too much effort for just a simple PC port, however.
Really? I thought the script was great, sans a few typos. It felt pretty natural and casual, nailing how a bunch of young adults would talk between themselves in that situation. I'm playing the true ending again, after beating it for the first time a few weeks ago, and it feels as good as before.

derExperte

Kholat -60%

Good atmosphere and great visuals hindered by no real survival aspects and dumb enemies, also story has an interesting premise based on real events and goes in a dumb direction. I'd recommend it for that price, smells of Humble Monthly fodder though.

chrono.gg has Stick it to the Man for $2, cool game.

Jalal

Yes, that's how it works (other than the offline workaround noted above)

The owner of the account always gets priority, but anyone you're sharing with is first-come-first-served.

Does the offline workaround work?

I was under the impression that when you go into offline mode it turns family share off.

Soulflarz

Banned
tbf if you get anywhere past low ranks free weekends don't mean worse opponents, they mean way better. I remember I tried my challenger playlist instead of blues, it was all smurfs.

Nabs

Oi. Would explain it. It felt like the competitive has been weaker as of late.

I don't think it's just the free weekend, I've been feeling the same way this last week or two. I'm not the best player in the world, but I've been getting matched up with people who simply can not hit the ball. No one knows how to clear, center or defend.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does the offline workaround work?

I was under the impression that when you go into offline mode it turns family share off.

It still works for the owner of the library.

The owner of the library can go offline, play his or her games (without achievements or any other online features) and a "family member" can play that library while online.

It used to work for the person who was using the shared library, too. But they removed that for obvious reasons.

DasFool

Really? I thought the script was great, sans a few typos. It felt pretty natural and casual, nailing how a bunch of young adults would talk between themselves in that situation. I'm playing the true ending again, after beating it for the first time a few weeks ago, and it feels as good as before.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the character interactions during the novel and escape sections. All your funyarinpa worshiping, wet June, and whatever else have you. They add a lot of flavor to the story and help placate some of the darker atmosphere.

My main issue is with the actual narration itself. It wasn't really a big issue on a first playthrough because the allure of the mystery thrusts you forward, but looking back, there are many interesting scenarios that could have been supplanted with better prose.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't think it's just the free weekend, I've been feeling the same way this last week or two. I'm not the best player in the world, but I've been getting matched up with people who simply can not hit the ball. No one knows how to clear, center or defend.

It has seemed like in the past week or two it dropped. Maybe they had a reset for normal games.

Tenrius

We are already on PC 2.0 (Steam, etc.). So, better wait for PC 3.0 (Cloud streaming) :v

But we're already past that stage! I remember trying some games on OnLive in 2011 or so and thinking it was kinda neat, but pointless since I could achieve pretty much the same results on my PC sans the input lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom