• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://playfield.io/themasterplan
You get a DRM-free version of The Masterplan through this little client. You can delete the client afterwards and play the game or archive the Zip-file. Not bad.
GoG rejected Cook, Serve, Delicious but accepted Huniepop into their store?

Okay.
They also rejected Assault Android Cactus and Mushihimesama..
Why though. Those are not Digital Homicide-esque trash. Curation is great but this makes no sense.
Looks like 999 is coming to Steam:
https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/741171506827255808

Now if only Capcom listened and brought Ghost Trick.. and Ace Attorney series :")
Aw yeah! The whole franchise is coming to PC. Awesome!

Ztd is intended to act as stand alone iirc

And VLR was supposed to be a standalone game too. I don't buy that.

Why though. Those are not Digital Homicide-esque trash. Curation is great but this makes no sense.

For Assault Android Cactus, they just never replied to Paz. For Mushihimesama, they considered the appeal was too limited for their audience, as in not really known outside of Japan. F*ck them, as far as I'm concerned. If people used the same ways they did for curations, they'd never got where they are. Word of mouth can be amazing and with that attitude, things like Undertale or Stardew Valley wouldn't happen.

ppl said you needed to play 999 to understand VLR. I had no problem whatsoever keeping up with what was happening in VLR, I don't doubt to fully 100% appreciate ZTD you need to have played the previous ones but I don't doubt for a second that you can just play ZTD and get a good story and have it make sense.
And VLR was supposed to be a standalone game too. I don't buy that.

and it is

DasFool

Hopefully I can get into ZTD the without playing VLR first.
Hopefully it's an excellent port.

I'd say flip a coin. They marketed ZTD as a standalone but the fact that half of the characters are already a known quantity and that it's the last game of the series makes it kind of a toss-up. Pretty much all of the VLR events buildup towards ZTD so you might not get that satisfying payoff in the end. Honestly, who can say until some of us here have finished it?

I'd suggest waiting for VLR first as it's fantastic game and it is first part of this duology.

Port sounds good from what we heard. Which means 60fps and maybe arbitrary resolution. MSAA and TAA options, VSync and motion blur. Not much, but still decent I'd say.

Weren't the Danganronpa parts of sound quality? I'd say that's a good barometer of how it's going to go.

MUnited83

For you.
Gamesave manager pro folks

How the hell do I make gamesave manager to send the sync and link saves to my specified dropbox location that is on another drive? It seems that it only accepts the regular dropbox location on documents in my main drive...

ppl said you needed to play 999 to understand VLR. I had no problem whatsoever keeping up with what was happening in VLR, I don't doubt to fully 100% appreciate ZTD you need to have played the previous ones but I don't doubt for a second that you can just play ZTD and get a good story and have it make sense.

and it is

Not in the way it was meant at first. Was supposed to not be connected iirc.

There are moments in VLR that will completely lose their impact if you haven't played 999. I've often seen people argue that they played VLR without playing 999 first and it was completely fine, but how would you know? Even if you went back and played 999 after VLR, it would just be an "oh, okay" kind of moment instead of a "holy shit what?!" thing. Like you said, you are absolutely not getting the full experience if you don't know the events of 999 before you pick up VLR.

MUnited83

For you.
Playing VLR without playing 999 first will rob you of a crapload of "oh shit" moments. Moments that won't even make much sense at all without knowing what happened before.

I wouldn't want anyone to suffer through VLR

VLR is an above average game but yeah the decision to tone down the suspense to 0 because what a Japanese survey's results were was a foolish thing to do. And it even sold less than 999 over there as well so it never paid off at all. I can see why ppl found VLR a bit lackluster.

Ludens

Banned
Wow, just saw Warcraft. I was never a fan of the franchise, only played the hell out of Warcraft 2 back in days, but this movie is on par with the Dungeons and Dragons movie.
So boring, so bad, so junky. There's even an
orchish version of Moses.

Really, wow.

Deques

Gamesave manager pro folks

How the hell do I make gamesave manager to send the sync and link saves to my specified dropbox location that is on another drive? It seems that it only accepts the regular dropbox location on documents in my main drive...

Choose save to another folder and select your dropbox folder

There are moments in VLR that will completely lose their impact if you haven't played 999. I've often seen people argue that they played VLR without playing 999 first and it was completely fine, but how would you know? Even if you went back and played 999 after VLR, it would just be an "oh, okay" kind of moment instead of a "holy shit what?!" thing. Like you said, you are absolutely not getting the full experience if you don't know the events of 999 before you pick up VLR.

But its still completely possible to play VLR and I'm assuming ZTD and appreciate the story.

All I'm saying is that if someone is interested in ZTD but hasn't played the previous ones, its fine to just play that if its anything like VLR. Don't let other ppl pressure you into thinking you need to play the other 2 games or else you'll be lost.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you click here, you can install / add Order of Battle: WW2 to your account for free. For some reason the devs added a "Free on Demand" package to their $40 game.

Well that makes sense then, very strange way for them to do that.

Game's going free-to-play any time now (and splitting the non-trivial bits off into DLC.) Must have updated the packages before the storefront.

It's Slitherine, though, so the full thing will likely be bundled within a year.

But its still completely possible to play VLR and I'm assuming ZTD and appreciate the story.

All I'm saying is that if someone is interested in ZTD but hasn't played the previous ones, its fine to just play that if its anything like VLR. Don't let other ppl pressure you into thinking you need to play the other 2 games or else you'll be lost.

I guess if one has absolutely no interest in the story of Zero Escape, the main aspect the series is acclaimed for, then sure, they can directly play the third game of the trilogy without any knowledge of what happened before.

impact

Banned
I guess if one has absolutely no interest in the story of Zero Escape, the main aspect the series is acclaimed for, then sure, they can directly play the third game of the trilogy without any knowledge of what happened before.

This

I'm interested in trying the series, but only when 999 and VLR get ported to Steam as well. Hopefully they actually do get ported.

well...was wanting to get a 1070 today

crashing sites and stupid pricing conspired to say no to that...will wait and see if things get better in the coming days/weeks (not expecting it to)

data

lol, I opened my start menu to click on gog to buy Nox since I've been curious about that one for a while, I misclick on origin since it's right next to it, what do I see, I already got Nox fro; that free promotion on Origin

thanks for saving me €1.39, EA

Endruen

More importantly, do you have any cavities?

Don't leave us hanging like that. We here care about each other's oral health.

image.php

First time I have seen a good avatar quote chance XD

Wow, just saw Warcraft. I was never a fan of the franchise, only played the hell out of Warcraft 2 back in days, but this movie is on par with the Dungeons and Dragons movie.
So boring, so bad, so junky. There's even an
orchish version of Moses.

Really, wow.

That's the problem. I'm a fan and I loved it. Also, are you making fun of Gul'dan calling him Moses? For real? (It's not a spoiler, btw).

Potato Masher had a couple pre-release short videos on ARK:SE & Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance's on a $375 PC - The Potato Masher - Kingdom Come: Deliverance Gameplay
It's a demanding game and still far off, so it's not shocking to see sub-optimal performance. It runs at around 30fps/1080p on low settings but weirdly enough not much worse at high settings, ~20fps. This could become actually comfortably playable at final release.

ARK: Survival Evolved Early Access on a $375 PC - The Potato Masher - ARK: Survival Evolved Gameplay
Similar to KC:D runs at around 30fps/1080p on low settings and 30fps/900p on medium settings.

septicore

Hopefully I can get into ZTD the without playing VLR first.
Hopefully it's an excellent port.

At least, watch a whole gameplay of VLR before getting into ZTD. I'm sure there's plenty of playlists on Youtube that provide the whole playthrough of VLR for you to watch.

IMO, all 3 games will be connected.

Momentary

Banned
I really hope that Omega Force aren't doing the Berserk game. If KTs games weren't such garbage on PC maybe I could get excited. Now I'm just mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom