• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Just been playing the starting area of the Torment beta. It seems a bit overly long, I liked how Planescape just started medias in res, but it's not overly long either, maybe 20 minutes, or something.

But one thing is clear: inXile cannot desig UIs for the live of them. The Journal, where the quests are listed, looks okay, but then they go and copy the look of the Windows Vista sidebar when showing you an overview of your character. Absolutely hidious, makes the first games menus look like minimalist pieces of art.

Still, the writing so far is beautiful. But it's just really the style I can judge so early in. The great thing about PS:T was not just that its writing had style, but also a great deal of substance. But I'm not going to spend too much time on this until the full release, so won't really be able to judge that until then.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

E3 is on Monday, HYPE! Game -- MB-E4EDCA62E1D6E0F3 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 22 entrants total.

t1465592377z1.png

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

E3 is on Monday, HYPE! Game -- MB-E4EDCA62E1D6E0F3

t1465592377z1.png

Finally the Bad Rats 2 E3 Trailer we all waited for.

Grief.exe

The ending of VLR makes me think you can't.

Ztd is intended to act as stand alone iirc

They say that but I don't buy it. Nearly half the cast is from previous games. I would at least play VLR first.

And VLR was supposed to be a standalone game too. I don't buy that.

I'd say flip a coin. They marketed ZTD as a standalone but the fact that half of the characters are already a known quantity and that it's the last game of the series makes it kind of a toss-up. Pretty much all of the VLR events buildup towards ZTD so you might not get that satisfying payoff in the end. Honestly, who can say until some of us here have finished it?

I'd suggest waiting for VLR first as it's fantastic game and it is first part of this duology.

There are moments in VLR that will completely lose their impact if you haven't played 999. I've often seen people argue that they played VLR without playing 999 first and it was completely fine, but how would you know? Even if you went back and played 999 after VLR, it would just be an "oh, okay" kind of moment instead of a "holy shit what?!" thing. Like you said, you are absolutely not getting the full experience if you don't know the events of 999 before you pick up VLR.

Playing VLR without playing 999 first will rob you of a crapload of "oh shit" moments. Moments that won't even make much sense at all without knowing what happened before.

At least, watch a whole gameplay of VLR before getting into ZTD. I'm sure there's plenty of playlists on Youtube that provide the whole playthrough of VLR for you to watch.

IMO, all 3 games will be connected.

I'm going to wait for VLR to be ported to Steam.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Post Master -- MB-70633E15F77EC0C4 - Taken by voodooray

:3

madjoki

22.04 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #1903 » [Steam Store] Removed: Drift Streets Japan (4,99 € / $4.99) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/412880/

RIP. Keys disabled for it too, so like DCMA claim. I think someone talked about stolen assets earlier.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Primal Carnage: Extinction -- MB-5120FBC41525CCF9 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
In Between -- MB-9D9BB060CF8C90D7 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1465586655z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

dead by daylight- #2 -- MB-F991FAF119EED4F3 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
dead by daylight- -- MB-F152140E77BB4B57 - Taken by e90Mark
beta keys

Mivey

ok, how is it that Chunsoft is porting the 999 trilogy to steam https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/741287790130909185 yet capcom is sitting on the Ace Attorney series like it doesn't make money
Capcom probably doesn't even know about the Ace Attorney games. I firmly believe Shu Takumi has kept the series alive by telling Capcom executives they are actually working on smartphone games and writing the games costs of as tax deductions, he has a mole in the finance department.

Adnor

Banned
The next DOOM update will have the best feature they would add:

For DOOM’s next game update, we will be releasing the patch notes later this month, which will include several improvements and features. We thought it was important to share some of those improvements with you now:

• Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots
  • Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (1st person view option)
  • Added new Snapmap features (including skybox windows) and AI pathing and logic fixes.
  • Fixed various bugs including players accidentally triggering Dev Mode and Trophy/Achievement bugs (IDKFA, Every Nook and Cranny).

Aww yeah, guns in the middle of the screen instead of a corner.

Tellaerin

Pft.. that's not the NeoTokyo I care about:

NeoTokyo's one of those games that I really wish had bot support. I'd love to play it, but I don't even know if there's a community left these days, and if there is, I don't know how welcoming they'd be of some noob who has no idea wtf they're doing. (That's one reason I've generally steered clear of MOBAs, too. >.> )

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Tizoc

No idea. I still can't believe they haven't localized Investigations 2, having to resort to a fanmade patch is ridiculous. Also, please let me give you money for an English version of Great Ace Attorney, Capcom!
Yout would need to convnce another 100,000 people to cnvince capcom to localize a game that flopped in japan :v

Nzyme32

NeoTokyo's one of those games that I really wish had bot support. I'd love to play it, but I don't even know if there's a community left these days, and if there is, I don't know how welcoming they'd be of some noob who has no idea wtf they're doing. (That's one reason I've generally steered clear of MOBAs, too. >.> )

Unfortunately that is the issue really. It's past it's heyday and lacks the promotion to get more people. There are some servers, but they are usually full and for the hardcore that love it. If NeoTokyo could have been integrated into some sort of Workshop or in game browser for HL2 or something, I'm certain it would have thrived for a long time.

GaussTek

No idea. I still can't believe they haven't localized Investigations 2, having to resort to a fanmade patch is ridiculous. Also, please let me give you money for an English version of Great Ace Attorney, Capcom!

Yeah, it's such a shame because Investigations 2 is actually one of the best AA games, and Great Ace Attorney is actually directed by series creator Shu Takumi, AKA the real deal (unlike AA5 and AA6) :(

mp1990

Banned
We'll have to settle down with Fanfiction Attor- oops I mean Ace Attorney 6. What weirds me out is that, if they at least bothered to port the original trilogy to PC, the high risks of releasing entries such as Investigations 2 and The Great Ace Attorney could be deeply softened, as we're talking about a userbase WAY bigger than just the 3DS, and the chances of failure would be much smaller. But, then again, it's Capcom, so I'm always prepared for the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom