• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you know why I'm always posting about games getting cards. :V

An unfortunate side effect though is my emoticons list is a little out of hand.

8rrnVz9.gif

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for user237:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Burning Man: Beyond Black Rock -- MB-AA4EB587FC6E1068 - Taken by Henry Swanson

a movie on steam

Balthuk

So I started Valkyria Chronicles thinking this was a bit like Xcom and dealt with interesting, hard issues (2nd world war and such) in a mature way.
What I got in the first half an hour is a straight up anime treatment (in a bad way, don't start the anime image wars pls pls). The dialogue was not at all what people at a town under attack by soldiers and tanks. What's up with that?

So I started Valkyria Chronicles thinking this was a bit like Xcom and dealt with interesting, hard issues (2nd world war and such) in a mature way.
What I got in the first half an hour is a straight up anime treatment (in a bad way, don't start the anime image wars pls pls). The dialogue was not at all what people at a town under attack by soldiers and tanks. What's up with that?

The story goes places, definitely. But it's got a sort of anime series vibe throughout--not the Grim Darkness of the future or anything like that.

This reminds me, VC's chronicle set-up is so good.

kagamin

Now you know why I'm always posting about games getting cards. :V

An unfortunate side effect though is my emoticons list is a little out of hand.

Since I'm on Discord now, I have absolutely no need for emoticons anymore, but I do like the ones I have for when I occasionally message my other friends on Steam.

derExperte

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22370/

An update has been released for the Steam Client and will be automatically downloaded.

General
Fixed issues where the download rate could display an unreasonably large number
Fixed missing Workshop content when a game is uninstalled and then reinstalled
Fixed a rare crash when resizing windows
Fixed several issues with line-wrapping inside of text entry boxes
Added a short idle-timer to the Client Update dialog box so that future updates will not pop up while you are in the middle of typing

In-Game Overlay
Fixed performance issues with when running Vulkan applications on AMD hardware
Fixed a crash/reset when attempting to select a local file for upload to a web page

Big Picture
Fixed unexpected navigation caused by throttle-like joystick inputs that are not centered at zero
Removed an erroneous prompt to opt into the client Beta under some circumstances

Mac OS X
Improved UI responsiveness when typing text in large chat windows
Fixed a bug where the In-Game Overlay could be the wrong size in Retina-aware games

Linux / SteamOS
Fixed a case where the incorrect cursor could be displayed after hiding the In-Game Overlay
Fixed client not being able to launch if the Steam Runtime was disabled by the user

Steam Controller
Improved responsiveness when saving new controller configurations, especially for newly-released games
Fixed a possible crash when streaming to the Steam Link
Fixed several issues related to DOOM (2016), including Steam Link compatibility

Steam VR
Added initial support for viewing stereo screenshots in VR
Added warning messages when launching VR games with incompatible headsets
Added a per-game setting that allows non-Steam games to show in the VR library
Fixed an issue causing the foreground application to quit when the Desktop tab is selected in the VR dashboard.
Fixed the "Use Desktop Game Theater" setting not working for non-Steam games

In-Home Streaming
Fixed a common cause of Steam crashing on the host computer while streaming
Improved performance and reduced latency when streaming Vulkan applications

Will this fix the hangs?

Balthuk

The story goes places, definitely. But it's got a sort of anime series vibe throughout--not the Grim Darkness of the future or anything like that.

This reminds me, VC's chronicle set-up is so good.

Hmm this got me so not excited for a longish game.. The anime series vibe that is

That's a lot of emotes. Shudder how long it takes to load them. Takes a couple seconds for my puny dozen ones already.

It definitely takes a while. By the time it loads and I find the one I'm looking for, the moment has already passed. So I just have the few I use memorized. They really need a better system for them. Discord's is pretty good.

Khronico

Spent an hour playing xcom 2 today and 50 mins of that was customizing soldiers.

Also, it runs completely fine and looks OK even on my low end rig, although for some reason the soldier customization screen runs noticeably worse than any other part of the game (its like 30ish in that menu where the rest of the game mostly stays above 50).

Mivey

We can all expect 1170 to have MSRP of $450 and still be selling for $600(or €800), mark my words.
And they will still sell like baked bread. Man, I really wonder if AMDs plan of creating a sort of blue ocean for sub 200$ GPUs will work out for them. I mean, if it doesn't they might as well just sell of their GPU branch.

hesho

We can all expect 1170 to have MSRP of $450 and still be selling for $600(or €800), mark my words.

i blame the consumer... they are the ones willing to shell out the money. Nvidia has been gouging its user base and they seem to be totally fine with it so i kinda agree with your assessment.

Ruruja

I've always found the steam emoticons to be so tiny that they're useless. It'd be better if they were the size they are when you hover over them.

I've always found the steam emoticons to be so tiny that they're useless. It'd be better if they were the size they are when you hover over them.

To me, it's not their tiny size, it's how so many of them don't actually fit an emotion. Too many of them are a character's neutral-expression face or some esoteric thing like a butterfly, and you're thinking "What situation would I ever need to use this?" The free steam ones - and some of the sale metagame ones - are useful, but the rest?

Nzyme32

This is really weird and annoying - if you look at them in the inventory thing, you can clearly see that they can actually be significantly bigger with nice detail, and yet when actually using them in chat - where you are obviously going to use them - they are absurdly small and crappy

No idea what they are doing

Lomax

The 970 was one of the best price/performance video card releases we've had in ages, and it sold like hotcakes as a result. Even at suggested retail the 1070 isn't even close to the value it was. If the AMD 480 delivers on the performance level it is promising, it has every opportunity to dominate that segment of the market. NVidia isn't wrong in knowing it can (and should) exploit the early adopters who will jump on everything, but long term I'm sure they're smart enough to know that something like a 1050/1060 is going to have to be a more competitive card. Hell their budget card is still the 750ti at this point. I strongly suspect within six months or so we'll see a 1050 that comes in at a budget price point to compete with AMD. That and the 1070 will probably be available at MSRP and with a game bundle, which will make it much more competitive.

To me, it's not their tiny size, it's how so many of them don't actually fit an emotion. Too many of them are a character's neutral-expression face or some esoteric thing like a butterfly, and you're thinking "What situation would I ever need to use this?" The free steam ones - and some of the sale metagame ones - are useful, but the rest?

I have some that are well designed that work great as replacements for the standard smilies and such (beatmeat, cybereye, csdmad, heart, ghsmile for example). But too many of them try to be way too detailed and just serve no purpose at all.

Edit: there's over 20,000 emoticons from cards at this point. Twenty Thousand.

Balthuk

Always Sometimes Monsters uses the f12 key to send you to the main menu, making you lose any progress since last checkpoint. And here I was enjoying a joke and wanting to screenshot it.. Pretty cool so far though.

Anybody else desperately waiting for another update to Super Indie Karts before buying it? I want this game to be a success but I'm not willing to get burned by another early access game that slowly stops being worked on. It has such potential. I'm really hoping it sees an update and a summer sale discount so I can jump in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323670 for those who don't know about it.

Lomax

Anybody else desperately waiting for another update to Super Indie Karts before buying it? I want this game to be a success but I'm not willing to get burned by another early access game that slowly stops being worked on. It has such potential. I'm really hoping it sees an update and a summer sale discount so I can jump in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323670 for those who don't know about it.

Even the positive reviews only have like 3 hours played max, which doesn't bode well for a game in that genre. Steamspy has it at under 2k sales total, which isn't even outside the margin of error. Looks pretty high risk honestly, even at $10. It will almost certainly end up bundled at some point, should probably just wait for that.

zkylon

zkylewd
from the dark souls 3 patchnotes:
Several game flaws fixed.

gotta love how even the patchnotes are like the dark souls of freaking patchnotes

Fixed when summoning the white phantom NPC under a certain circumstance, the character's collision will properly function nullifying all enemy attacks

like this shit's hilarious lol

no mention of the poise stuff, but may be one of the "fixed flaws", idk

Always Sometimes Monsters uses the f12 key to send you to the main menu, making you lose any progress since last checkpoint. And here I was enjoying a joke and wanting to screenshot it.. Pretty cool so far though.

Corporate Lifestyle Simulator does the same thing, try to take a screenshot and boom, you're back at the main menu with all progress lost!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait what? The 999 trilogy is coming to steam?

also theres a third game?

zkylon

zkylewd
toyed a bit on the starting area but can't make up my mind if poise is back or not

i tried
smough
armor,
dark wraith
armor and no armor and i seemed to notice that i was more easily staggered when using the light armor/no armor but i don't think i could reproduce it too well

it's funny, but it sucks that dark souls patchnotes are always like this lol

this is a problem with all rpg maker games and unfortunately they seem not to have any way to solve it

it's pretty sucky, honestly, but i think rpg maker games don't support steam overlay in the first place so no biggie after the first time i guess... i seem to remember to the moon also having these same issues

i think also the ctrl key is the one you use to speed up dialogue and that's also hardcoded on rpg maker or something like that

anywho asm is one of my favorite games in recent times, it's really fucking good. i have some issues with the more 'canon' ending but you can alter it to some degree and i liked the one i got (which wasn't the 'canon' ending) so that's not much of a problem

Balthuk

Corporate Lifestyle Simulator does the same thing, try to take a screenshot and boom, you're back at the main menu with all progress lost!

this is a problem with all rpg maker games and unfortunately they seem not to have any way to solve it

it's pretty sucky, honestly, but i think rpg maker games don't support steam overlay in the first place so no biggie after the first time i guess... i seem to remember to the moon also having these same issues

i think also the ctrl key is the one you use to speed up dialogue and that's also hardcoded on rpg maker or something like that

anywho asm is one of my favorite games in recent times, it's really fucking good. i have some issues with the more 'canon' ending but you can alter it to some degree and i liked the one i got (which wasn't the 'canon' ending) so that's not much of a problem

Yeah I thought that might have something to do with it being an rpgmaker game.
It's started pretty good, let's see how it goes. I'm not into playing such a game more than once (unless there are different stories) or playing with a guide, I mostly choose like the character would and hope it goes well. We'll see. It's a good break from overwatch, that's for sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's started pretty good, let's see how it goes. I'm not into playing such a game more than once (unless there are different stories) or playing with a guide, I mostly choose like the character would and hope it goes well. We'll see. It's a good break from overwatch, that's for sure.
yeah it's not really meant to be played over and over, the choices in it and the customization are there for you to create a character you can relate to and go with them all the way

i played some of the side stuff out of curiosity because i loved the game so much, but it doesn't branch out a lot, there's just different ways to solve different situations and whatnot

also if you like the game make sure to keep your save for the sequel since it's gonna be a direct sequel that ties directly to your events on asm1

Sorry got two games confused, not Corporate Lifestyle Sim but Suits: A Business Rpg!

When is the steam summer sale?

Also, is there a chance Rise of Tomb Raider and the season pass will be on the steam summer sale?

Got 50 in steam wallet and I'm itchin to spend it :(.

Lomax

Heh, the free Fallout 4 price mistake got revoked (no surprise there) but apparently they are going to issue a $10 credit for it, which is way better for those of us with no Xbox. Between that and Bing points, I'll be close to enough for Killer Instinct soon.

When is the steam summer sale?

Also, is there a chance Rise of Tomb Raider and the season pass will be on the steam summer sale?

Got 50 in steam wallet and I'm itchin to spend it :(.

Starts the 23rd. And yes, it will certainly be on sale, though it's hard to say by how much. Probably not more than 50% off at the most I'd guess, maybe more like 25-33%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom