• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

RnFQFAw.jpg

I was playing Overwatch last night and near the end of a match I get a big flashing 'TEAM KILL' notification in the centre of my screen. That led to instant confusion obviously because how can you TK someone in a game which has no friendly fire? I found out later that the notification happens when every member of the opposing team is killed. I'd like to know which muppet at Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to call that a 'TEAM KILL' and why it managed to slip through a year of public beta testing.

I've also been playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst and it's been a while since I've been conflicted about my feeling towards a game. The parkour is really fun. It's fast and fluid and the open world gives you a lot of room to fly around which is awesome. It feels like an open world would be a logical choice for Mirror's Edge where traversal is the meat of the game, and yet somehow it offers almost nothing for this game. Outside of the handcrafted main and side missions, which are few but quite well done, the game only has variations of time trials and Ubisoft style collectathons. The first game didn't have much more than this, but that was not an open world game either and it feels like it's just wasted in Catalyst. I have other small gripes as well including a story that's pretty mediocre, a skill tree that offers next to no choice in how to customize your character and an open world that still has very limited paths to get from one point to the other. It's still fun and it can look gorgeous at times, but so far I kind of agree with the average reviews the game got.

Also uh... both games work with the Steam overlay so this post is now about Steam :p

I was playing Overwatch last night and near the end of a match I get a big flashing 'TEAM KILL' notification in the centre of my screen. That led to instant confusion obviously because how can you TK someone in a game which has no friendly fire? I found out later that the notification happens when every member of the opposing team is killed. I'd like to know which muppet at Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to call that a 'TEAM KILL' and why it managed to slip through a year of public beta testing.

I've also been playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst and it's been a while since I've been conflicted about my feeling towards a game. The parkour is really fun. It's fast and fluid and the open world gives you a lot of room to fly around which is awesome. It feels like an open world would be a logical choice for Mirror's Edge where traversal is the meat of the game, and yet somehow it offers almost nothing for this game. Outside of the handcrafted main and side missions, which are few but quite well done, the game only has variations of time trials and Ubisoft style collectathons. The first game didn't have much more than this, but that was not an open world game either and it feels like it's just wasted in Catalyst. I have other small gripes as well including a story that's pretty mediocre, a skill tree that offers next to no choice in how to customize your character and an open world that still has very limited paths to get from one point to the other. It's still fun and it can look gorgeous at times, but so far I kind of agree with the average reviews the game got.

Also uh... both games work with the Steam overlay so this post is now about Steam :p

paging JaseC

Phinor

G2A is spreading faster than ever. This week there was a full page G2A ad and 3 eur gift card in our respected Finnish gaming magazine called Pelit. Even a little ad on the cover advertising the gift card. They sure heard the feedback, hopefully that's the last G2A ad in that magazine. If that wasn't enough, now there's G2A ads at our movie theaters. G2A is the worst of the worst but their marketing is so genius with trying to make it look like a legitimate business.

I mean if you have an ad running before your summer movie, half the Twitch streams being sponsored by G2A, G2A booths at conventions and G2A marketing team even tricking long running gaming magazines to run their ads, how could regular people even consider G2A not being legit?

Balthuk

G2A is spreading faster than ever. This week there was a full page G2A ad and 3 eur gift card in our respected Finnish gaming magazine called Pelit. Even a little ad on the cover advertising the gift card. They sure heard the feedback, hopefully that's the last G2A ad in that magazine. If that wasn't enough, now there's G2A ads at our movie theaters. G2A is the worst of the worst but their marketing is so genius with trying to make it look like a legitimate business.

I mean if you have an ad running before your summer movie, half the Twitch streams being sponsored by G2A, G2A booths at conventions and G2A marketing team even tricking long running gaming magazines to run their ads, how could regular people even consider G2A not being legit?

I think it's time big developers and publishers openly talk about G2A and similar sites. Publicly state that they'd rather you didn't buy their games from this and that site because they are not legit. Or else g2a will keep on rising

derExperte

Abyss Cave? Let's check it out.

Content in this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work.
Here are frequently applied tags that people have used when describing this game:
Early Access Strategy Adventure Indie Action

Look at dem tags, sounds dangerous. Click.

Please enter your birth date to continue:

Fuck. Off.

Soon:

Content in this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work.
Please confirm via the mobile authenticator that you are fit and willing to view this vile filth.

G2A is spreading faster than ever.

Tell me about it. Warning people about them is now considered to be SJW bullshit or something?

dex3108

Worst thing is that some Indie conventions are sponsored by G2A. Also MSi works with G2A, Intel works with G2A...

Tell me about it. Warning people about them is now considered to be SJW bullshit or something?

Because on GAF we have even have some sellers that sell bulks to such shady websites.
Not saying the sellers are shady, but the websites are.

And you also see Gaffers buying on there because "Its so cheap. Dont care where they come from."

For once Valve acted swiftly. The fake 'community' group that organized the review bots are banned, and the affected games are now not available for sale. (summary from Steamgift forum).

I wonder if they're going to find some permanent way to rectify this. Perhaps they'll do it like they did with friend lists, where your account is required to have spent money to do it? Or, I'm guessing more likely and infinitely worse, mobile authentication to review.

derExperte

Worst thing is that some Indie conventions are sponsored by G2A. Also MSi works with G2A, Intel works with G2A...

There's this German streaming channel called RocketBeans, very cool guys and gals and totally legit, love every one of them, watch as much as I can, but one of their sponsors is G2A and this week they had a 'documentary' about them with interviews and stuff. Oh boy was that awkward, just soft questions and bullshitty answers by people I would not turn my back towards in a dark alley or alternatively whose faces screamed 'getmeouttahere'. 'tis truly sad.

Pixieking

Banned
I wonder if they're going to find some permanent way to rectify this. Perhaps they'll do it like they did with friend lists, where your account is required to have spent money to do it? Or, I'm guessing more likely and infinitely worse, mobile authentication to review.

I dunno, you say "infinitely worse", but maybe mobile authentication would crack down on the juvenile and abusive reviews?

Yeah, it's unlikely...

I dunno, you say "infinitely worse", but maybe mobile authentication would crack down on the juvenile and abusive reviews?

Yeah, it's unlikely...

Well I don't have a cellphone, so...

mind you, I don't think I've reviewed games on Steam anyway? So I guess it wouldn't affect me. Still it would be nice for that option to be left open.

Tizoc

Getting around to playing styx and am enjoying it
I am not going ghost tho as i am killing any guards who i worry might spot me

Pixieking

Banned
Well I don't have a cellphone, so...

mind you, I don't think I've reviewed games on Steam anyway? So I guess it wouldn't affect me. Still it would be nice for that option to be left open.

Yeah, I get your point - it really wouldn't be fair to gate reviews behind mobile authentication.

Catshade

I can think of a worse solution: From now on, each review must be greenlit by the community first.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I somehow got team killed by the Junkrat in one of my matches, must have been some kind of bug. He even got points for it and it counted as a kill for him (Could see it as it was in the POTG).

Hooray! I just finished all the island tileset puzzles in snakebird (1-19). I'm going to take a small break from the game now. Because I don't think I'm psychologically ready yet for the puzzles with moving objects. Snakebird is definitely not for everybody. It's by far the most difficult puzzle game I've played on steam, so if you get easily frustrated or don't have a lot of patience you better skip this game.

Seems like there's inklings of Elder Scrolls VI leaks. Supposedly Valenwood.

Interesting. E3 reveal?

Obviously I'm just talking out of my ass, but there's absolutely no way they'll reveal TES6 at E3. Fallout 4 released not too long ago and assuming Bethesda will continue their short "announce near/at E3, release in November" cycles, that would mean TES 6 have been worked on parallel with Fallout 4. And I think that's very unlikely.

Volimar

ibn Saïd;206435241 said:
Obviously I'm just talking out of my ass, but there's absolutely no way they'll reveal TES6 at E3. Fallout 4 released not too long ago and assuming Bethesda will continue their short "announce near/at E3, release in November" cycles, that would mean TES 6 have been worked on parallel with Fallout 4. And I think that's very unlikely.

Why can't you let me have this? Just for that, Overwatch gif!

UzHZtEI.gif

The difference between twitter and SteamGAF is that I can step away for a day or two, then come back and still read everything that's transpired in the forums.

If I'm going to stay up-to-date on twitter, I have to monitor it practically 24/7.

No thanks.
I'd have to stop doing pretty much anything else to follow Twitter, Discord and Gaf. I feel the same about readability like you. Twitter still feels awkward to use for me and the chat nature of discord can lead to several hundred posts in a short time. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Caught up with the NPD thread for May...and wow at Quantum Break selling less than 200k in NA retail since launch. No wonder MS gave them the knife so soon after release. Also no wonder they immediately announced PC version like a month before release. Still the dumbest thing they did was not release the game on Steam. Like Alan Wake has over 1.5 million sales according to steamspy. And 91% positive reviews. Like why would you just skip out on such a large fanbase? Really crazy.

I'm still holding on my prediction that QB gets released on Steam before the end of the year. If they don't that game will go down as the biggest bomba ever.
You have the wrong assumption MS's sole intention of bringing QB to Winstore was profit. I'd wager they very well knew it was gonna sell abysmal compared to a theoretical Steam release but just sacrificed its success to entice folks into using the Winstore. If that tactic will ever pay off by even bringing even all exclusives though..... I doubt it will.
b8760a557b.png

idk the stupidity in this one just baffles me
It's not unlike most things in life. There are too many stupid people who have rights they should not deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom