• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Already bought it and currently playing, i like the new characters because my "main" character basically hard counters one of them :p
Also, 100%OJ is the only "competitive" game i still play besides Hearthstone - i like losing spectacularly in OJ more than winning in a boring manner, which helps the overall enjoyment of this game :)

Do you know who you're talking to here?
oYqja5X.png

Shogo sounds like a good candidate for the Steam Controller. I was pretty interested in it after hearing the Tone Control podcast with the developer. It was definitely on Idle Thumbs network at least.

I played a dozen hours of Spelunky's first release so haven't been compelled to get the remake. I figure it's worth it to jump through Gog's hoops for a copy.

Tellaerin

I'm so backed up on games the I don't buy much these days.

Sell me on it.

Combat on foot and in transforming robots.

Classic Monolith writing (and humor).

Some great weapons, particularly while on foot. (Bouncing energy grenades, anyone?)

A decent challenge.

VA and characterization captures the flavor of Robotech (not Macross, Robotech) better than anything with the actual license did.

I see things around here are normal

that magnolia chicken thing is just the shape...(one of my favorite chicken places near me is a honey fried chicken restaurant)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

See that? Looks like a swirling mess of garbage, doesn't it? Well... that's what it is.

I don't know why trash seems to collect right there, of all the spots on the lake. It's always been that way. Everyone navigates around it, like it was an island or something.

I think I see some desks and chairs, swirling around the edge there...

Yeah, those all-in-one desks, like they have in schools, if I remember right. It's been a few years since I saw the inside of one!

Those must have washed down from somewhere. I've never known there to be a school on the lake...

Oh, there was "Gemini School of Beauty." It was run by sisters, Cassie and Paula, indistinguishable except for their hair. But I wouldn't think they'd have used desks like that.

We used to stop there most every night to let someone off for a cheap haircut - student stylists, you know - they spared many a sailor the pain of a botched do-it-yourself do!
But I guess they got in deep to the power company; those blow dryers and curling irons burn a lot of coal. It's a shame they had to close down. The haircuts are gone, but the hair keeps growing.

Yeah, this cluttered place makes a decent local museum. It's as good a history as I could ever tell...

PaulSane

Give us the trophy already.

Not so fast :p

It's weird to me that so few great players come from Russia. Football is basically the only popular sport there, isnt it?

It is the most popular, yes, but not the only one - ice hockey is also very popular here, and there is no shortage of great hockey players of russian origin.
The problem with our football in the past decades is the abundance of money being invested in it - players in Russian Premier League earn a lot more money than they would if they were playing in some other european league for example. It leads to players having no motivation to improve, especially since there is a limit on foreign players in the league - it means that russian players compete only against other russian players for the team spots, so the "best" russian players have zero reason to become better. That's especially true for young players, who begin to have very high wages as early as 17-18.

Also, to not be entirely off-topic, i've just reached a minor milestone by this thread's standards - 250 games owned on steam, i have SteamGAF to thank for almost half of those :p

Ruruja

Not so fast :p

England drew 1-1 in Euro 96 in their first game and then faced a home nation in the second game. It's all going as planned.

This time we'll not lose on penalties in the semi finals and win the entire thing.

I have to find SOME silver lining in that result ;_;

EDIT: Sorry, was a bit off-topic. Overwatch is great guys. There.

C4rter

It's weird to me that so few great players come from Russia. Football is basically the only popular sport there, isnt it?

"Each year one hundred thousand baseball bats are sold in Russia, and at most 50 baseballs. Gives an idea for great Russian pastime."

it's made by Monolith Productions (fear, etc), they were influenced by japanese animations, even if you don't like the source they got their influence from it's sorta interesting because the game allows you to control mechs, it was really interesting back then out of the fpses I've played

it's only 2 bucks! just play it
All this Shogo talk makes me want to get it

But it's not on Steam :/ lol who am I kidding? Thats a steal of a deal.

neonglow

Is it better to hold onto my trading cards until the summer sale begins? Do they spike up in value due to more people wanting them? I haven't participated in any summer/winter sales where I had cards to sell before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom