• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling the need to sell my cards again but I have a question about the Steam authenticator.

Does it attach itself to your phone or to the number cause there's a chance I change my phone soon and want to minimise the hassle?

Ludens

Banned
I'm feeling the need to sell my cards again but I have a question about the Steam authenticator.

Does it attach itself to your phone or to the number cause there's a chance I change my phone soon and want to minimise the hassle?

The authenticator attachs itself to nothing but your Steam account. If you change phone or number, you need to simply change the number on Steam, so you can receive the activation code on your new number and that's it.

Sarcasm

Like blizzard and other serious auth you get this special code when you attach it that can be used to move the auth to a different device. Keep that code somewhere safe.

The number I believe.

The authenticator attachs itself to nothing but your Steam account. If you change phone or number, you need to simply change the number on Steam, so you can receive the activation code on your new number and that's it.

Like blizzard and other serious auth you get this special code when you attach it that can be used to move the auth to a different device. Keep that code somewhere safe.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Parsnip

Regarding twitter and discord, they are obviously built for different kind of discussion and not a replacement for traditional forum discussion. Only real place for steamgaf is this thread as far as I'm concerned.

Both of them are also garbage.

Cheddahz

Banned
I know I don't really post in this thread all that much anymore, but I got to play a build of a game a former professor of mine (who helped me land a really sweet internship a few years back) is developing that is based around the folklore of the "boo hag" and it pays a lot of homage to the town that I grew up in (which is something I appreciate quite a bit).

I'm going to be helping the developer do some Q&A testing for the game in the summer and hopefully, the game will be up on the Greenlight program in the late summer or early fall!

http://bugsnboohags.com/

Balthuk

I'd have to stop doing pretty much anything else to follow Twitter, Discord and Gaf. I feel the same about readability like you. Twitter still feels awkward to use for me and the chat nature of discord can lead to several hundred posts in a short time. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Yeah I'm with you on that. Twitter seems so weird to me. It is best either if you are constantly checking it on your phone or something (which I don't) or if you follow a lot of people and don't really mind missing stuff X person posted, which seems counterproductive.
One solution would be I guess following very very few people so you can scroll down a lot and see what you have missed. But still, twitter seems such a weird platform. It's like facebook with a lot more random people seeing what you post and you posting a lot more, not important stuff.

Anteater

our favorite western animu game is on sale for only $2.39

what are you waiting for

RDUeF3a.jpg

Anteater

SHOGO deserves a fan-made overhaul like the ones Deus Ex and System Shock 2 have gotten.

What we really need is a sequel, but I've pretty much given up on that at this point. : (

yeah, it was one of the fpses I finished back then, although don't remember much of it, lol

they should collaborate with some japanese studio for a remake and then a sequel

Seems like there's inklings of Elder Scrolls VI leaks. Supposedly Valenwood.

Wood Elves are garbage tier. Of all the fucking races it would have to be the creepy ass bizzaro-vegan Wood Elves.

We could be sailing in Hammerfell or running smack in Elsweyr but they go with Valenwood.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dead by Daylight beta #2 -- MB-A6A1E6D6B893515C - Taken by jgalat
Dead by Daylight beta -- MB-9FF24970CD9D34BC - Taken by EdmondD
Upset I never got to play this, but oh well. Hopefully some of you can instead.

Corpekata

Banned
There's no way they're showing anything for the next TES when they still have Fallout DLC cooking. They seem to be going for an alternating "Big Bethesda Formula RPG" schedule so I would not expect anything until next year at earliest.

They want you hooked in for years at a time, especially with them bringing mods to consoles. Bringing out the next big RPG so soon breaks up that flow.

Anteater

I think gog discounts are kind of poop, i want Messiah and return to castle wolfenstein

their discounts are only good in a bundle

Anteater

I'm so backed up on games the I don't buy much these days.

Sell me on it.

it's made by Monolith Productions (fear, etc), they were influenced by japanese animations, even if you don't like the source they got their influence from it's sorta interesting because the game allows you to control mechs, it was really interesting back then out of the fpses I've played

it's only 2 bucks! just play it

data

How do I start Shogo in actual fullscreen? I get like some sort of fullscreen window but the top part of the game is cut off

also why is the framerate so bad

and how do I control the game? the controls are really awkward is there like some recommended config?

Grief.exe

it's made by Monolith Productions (fear, etc), they were influenced by japanese animations, even if you don't like the source they got their influence from it's sorta interesting because the game allows you to control mechs, it was really interesting back then out of the fpses I've played

it's only 2 bucks! just play it

But I'm wrecking scrubs in Overwatch

Anteater

How do I start Shogo in actual fullscreen? I get like some sort of fullscreen window but the top part of the game is cut off

and how do I control the game? the controls are really awkward is there like some recommended config?

hmm it ran fine out of the bat on my end! check the fixes on pcgamingwiki http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Shogo:_Mobile_Armor_Division

But I'm wrecking scrubs in Overwatch

but are you wrecking zkylon

kagamin

To be honest new 100% Orange Juice DLC is enough for me to drop Overwatch for a few hours, I'm sure the people at Fruitbat Factory appreciate my continued dedication to the game, I see them playing games online every so often after all. :p

gngf123

Never heard of the game running poorly, but the controls are pretty dated. You can get a nice mouse config by changing the autoexec.cfg (and maybe something else? Really don't remember) around. Check out the bottom post here for an example:

https://www.gog.com/forum/shogo_mobile_armor_division/use_your_mouse_wheel_for_changing_weapons

EDIT: Actually, apparently this game has some problems with Windows 10, and the problems they report match up with the ones you seem to be having. Gog forums talks about using dgvoodoo wrapper as a solution.

https://www.gog.com/forum/shogo_mobile_armor_division/how_to_play_shogo_on_windows_10

PaulSane

I might be a few days late on it, but new 100% Orange Juice DLC is out as of Tuesday:

Already bought it and currently playing, i like the new characters because my "main" character basically hard counters one of them :p
Also, 100%OJ is the only "competitive" game i still play besides Hearthstone - i like losing spectacularly in OJ more than winning in a boring manner, which helps the overall enjoyment of this game :)

Shogo is really dated IMO.

The visuals are fine for what they are, but the game-design doesn't hold up.
A lot of the on-foot stages are hard-angled, with enemies specifically placed just around corners.

If you try to approach this part of game as a run & gun, you'll get ambushed and cut down every time. So first-time players are stuck creeping up to every corner, and the game becomes slower-paced and less interesting as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom