• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm strangely more excited than usual for the Humble Monthly games today. Honestly I think Humble Monthly has been on a roll for the last 7 months if you asked me, and I feel this one for some reason may be more directed at a specific taste, but yet maybe because of my mood or whatever but I'm finding myself more excited than I'd usually be for the game reveals.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh, that's a relief. I'm happy they went for $100, that was actually the perfect price point I was hoping for. I know it's on the lower end for some, but there's a lot of factors into play which make it hard to make it higher without it being elitist.

With the other features Steam are introducing, I am not too worried about garbage games getting much attention though.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, but just saw the Steam Direct fee, and it's a topic near and dear to my heart.

Ludens

Banned
Games I want to see on Monthly (and considering their discount, it can happen):

Furi
Axiom Verge
Quantum Break
Republique
Grandia 2
Trails in the sky 2
God Eater
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Just Cause 3
Silence

Isn't 100$ the exact same fee that Greenlight used? How is this going to dissuade all the trolls and pseudo-publishers that infested that place considering they get a direct green pass to the store once they pay that fee? They are making their life even easier.

With these changes I think Valve is trying to make it harder for those pseudo-publishers, rather than make it harder for everyone. With the new card drop changes they've already made Steam less attractive to those devs, since Valve themselves said they made their money off trading cards. And with charging 100 dollars to put a new game up on Steam every time, it's really not worth it for them.

ArjanN

Anyone who has played Headlander I have a question.

I just beat the chess boss and then it teleported me to a new space station. Can I never go back to the first space station? I had so many rooms I hadnt visited!

There's no "point of no return" in Headlander.

Nere

Seems the painkiller franchise is on sale. Now I did play painkiller back in the day and I know what the black edition is, I also know most other of the expansions suck but my question is Painkiller Hell and Damnation is a remake of the original Painkiller but with half the levels and the rest on DLC. Is Painkiller Hell and Damnation + DLCs a full remake of the original Painkiller or is it still missing many levels?

Platy

Tbf apparently Tekken's problem is having cutscenes from all Tekken games
I need a cutscenes vs actual game breakdown

Like remade or just bad ps1 graphics cutscenes ?

This thread has me curious, are there any RPGs set in modern time? Its okay if they have a bit of sci fi elements like Earthbound. I am really suprised someone hasnt made another Earthbound or even Bully type game.

Besides the already mentioned like Costume Quest and World Ends With you, the Mother series is kinda modern day

Tizoc

It seems like cross region trading has grinded to a halt since the last Steam update.
Feels bad mang...

some sitecom dongle I've bought years and years ago, so maybe it's that

Yeah, I had a little research before buying my dongle. Lower bluetooth version, especially 2.0, just won't work. Some 3.0 or even 4.0 even wouldn't work perfectly or would get slight delay depending on the manufacturer from what I read.

Does Tekken 7 use Denuvo? Or any other DRM (minus steam)?

Apparently yes, Denuvo. It runs like a dream though, no performance impact whatsoever.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Pressure -- MB-90742BCF96D7F750 - Taken by Camel Master

AHA-Lambda

Ugh 9000 coins later, why am I still collecting these things chrono.gg? :/

Edit: Oh, the Steam Direct price is $100? Nice one.

Parsnip

Anyone who has played Headlander I have a question.

I just beat the chess boss and then it teleported me to a new space station. Can I never go back to the first space station? I had so many rooms I hadnt visited!

I'm pretty sure you can go back.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Miguel's boyband hair is not working.

I need hair variety. TTT2 had way more options
b48867e66f.jpg

Bundle Stars leftovers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BARRIER X -- MB-9BEA7E02D78D56AB - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon Escape -- MB-2937B6EB81A94392 - Taken by Ludens. 1 entrants total.
Green Game: TimeSwapper -- MB-FE2DC853E3EDAE99 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Oniken: Unstoppable Edition -- MB-07FC57852444F22B - Taken by purseowner. 2 entrants total.
Porcunipine -- MB-DE83B9EDB4CBD2D1 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Pumped BMX Plus -- MB-D49EBC7D209208F2 - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.

t1496430207z1.png

I've been playing a bit of Livelock lately.

And there are no real surprises with the game, what you see is what you get -- which is to say a pretty competent dual stick shooter featuring robutts, some environmental destruction, and a single player campaign along with an endless wave score mode. I'm enjoying it. You get three characters to choose from, one is just the standard soldier type for shootin' things with, the other is a more supportive role that can lay down turrets, heal, but also be decked out for raw shootin', and then you have a big melee guy. The characters level up and you get some new weapons and abilities to play around with, and there's some basic character customization in the different heads, colour schemes, and capes you can find.

There are four difficulty modes to choose from, but herein lies the major fault of the game. The game gives you the choice between your basic easy, normal, hard, but there is absolutely no failstate in these difficulties, you can respawn as much as you want with no progress lost with the only hit being towards your score (which you likely won't care about), but the final difficulty is the hard mode with respawning disabled. So you have this weird lack of middle ground for the choice there and it's all or nothing.

But aside from that, the game's some good mindless fun, and also ridiculously Canadian. The dev is named Tuque Games and there's even a plaid colour scheme you can get.

The only other thing I have to say is that they gave the female robot a ridiculously huge ass for some reason.

And it looks absolutely absurd when you see the character run.

Parsnip

New Vanquish patch is out.
Sega stay winning.

Patch V1.02 change notes:

• Lock-on laser damage corrected for frame rate.
• Lock-on laser target lock-on timing corrected for frame rate.
• Fixed the sliding particle effect for frame rate.
• Fixed an issue where events would occasionally fail to trigger at high frame rates (e.g. the end of Act 1 Mission 6).
• Fixed animation issues when running towards the camera and firing/reloading with keyboard and mouse.
• Fixed an issue where scripted events would progress at the wrong speed at higher frame rates.
• Added “-audio 2” command line; enter the number of a specific audio device to force the game to use that rather than the default device (may help players with audio device issues).

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Loot Hero DX PlusSoundtrack -- MB-44C2B381D72B0626

t1496432367z1.png
It's the full game+soundtrack.

Ready for Humble to "Shower with Your Dad Simulator" me with games that I don't own.

Wouldn't be surprised if something like Disc Jam is one of the games. That one fizzled despite being pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom