• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Gaben got them shook crews runnin' like they supposed to.

Gabe must be a Mobb Deep fan because he's living this til the day that he dies cuz survival is the fit only the strong survive.

And also, he's never gonna die.

pU3uM1r.png

Cels

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NBA 2K17 Locker Code (expires today) -- MB-46CB46F0DA2C1436

t1497984459z1.png

from twitch prime, just noticed i had this, but i don't own nba2k17

tmarg

It is their own fault. I mean I know for the casuals it is better that there are no dailies/flashes/meta but that drove people like me to go on multiple times per day and buy/play things I never would have before. Its fine and I will still buy things with my free card money, but things will be cheaper/ have been cheaper on other sites usually.

They're apparently making more money than they ever have, so saying that it's their "fault" is kinda weird. The target audience has changed, which is fine. Just not much of a reason for me to get excited.

They're apparently making more money than they ever have, so saying that it's their "fault" is kinda weird. The target audience has changed, which is fine. Just not much of a reason for me to get excited.

Sorry yea I guess "fault" is not the word I am looking for because Valve is happy with the way it is. They just press a switch and voila! I misread your original post as "Valve must dislike steam sales" for some reason.

Lanrutcon

It is discounted over at humble store atm

Yeah, I don't get the Humble Store.

Their price for the basic edition of Sniper Elite 4 is $41.99, after the 30% discount. When I translate that into local currency it works out at around R548.

Steam is selling the basic edition of Sniper Elite 4 at R589 (no discount), which translates into around $45.

So the Humble Store seems super expensive, and I can't find a way to change to my local currency on it.

Cels

what's a solid 27" IPS 1440p monitor to use a secondary monitor?

primary is dell2716dg, i don't need fancy response times, adaptive sync, or anything like that because i won't be gaming on it

want one with height-adjustable stand as well

is dell U2717D the way to go or is there some other (cheaper) option that i should look at

Well this happened today. I guess i am not DS4 peasant anymore XD

I got second hand one in mint condition for 60 euros. I couldn't pass that price.

Nice, I was holding off for a potential refresh announcement with the Xbox One X but now I think I'm going to get one of those soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It appears Ubi stopped releasing physical SKUs of its PC games in the US last year, judging from Amazon and GameStop. The PC version of every new release from Just Dance 2017 up to and including Far Cry 5, with the exception of South Park 2 for some reason, is offered either only as a download or not at all. Interesting sign of the times.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nezzhil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Flat Heroes -- MB-2781094D41BA2DA7 - Taken by Kifimbo. 8 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-E16C1DE260F8B568 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-F40C2C19F1E45904 - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-4BE7A28E19E158B4 - Taken by BumRush. 19 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-C0743E1F1BA9763F - Taken by White Wolf. 15 entrants total.
Planetary Annihilation TITANS -- MB-14D6C4992E10EE3D - Taken by Freezard. 12 entrants total.
Refunct -- MB-2AE1E72F0DC5858E - Taken by madjoki. 7 entrants total.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity -- MB-0D05C371A47E392D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-914EFA6C1995E448 - Taken by Madventure. 15 entrants total.

t1498029717z1.png

Milamber

It appears Ubi stopped releasing physical SKUs of its PC games in the US last year, judging from Amazon and GameStop. Every new release from Just Dance 2017 up to and including Far Cry 5, with the exception of South Park 2 for some reason, is either offered only as a download or not at all. Interesting sign of the times.

How else do they get the production line freed for their $800 collectors editions.

Did MS announce some sorta Elite X controller or something?

No I was thinking they might at E3 but the Xbox One X is bundle with a normal Xbox One controller, I was hoping for a revised model with Bluetooth like the current Xbox controller.

It appears Ubi stopped releasing physical SKUs of its PC games in the US last year, judging from Amazon and GameStop. The PC version of every new release from Just Dance 2017 up to and including Far Cry 5, with the exception of South Park 2 for some reason, is offered either only as a download or not at all. Interesting sign of the times.

As someone that collects Steelbooks this is really lame, if I want the Steelbook versions of Far Cry 5 and AC Origins I need to buy the console version.

tmarg

I haven't seen a physical PC game in stores in ages, though I've bought a few from Amazon and Newegg on clearance.

Teggy

Nope. Valve doesn't licence out its IP so much as it does grant permission and ask for a cut only in cases of commercial products, which the Source Engine licence covers.

Pretty nice deal. Certainly unique among any other IP owner these days. I guess they had no plans for a remake, though. One would expect someone trying to make HL3 might have different results.

Would you recommend me a game? I'm looking for something that's 3rd person shooter or action from the 360 era that a newer PC can run at 60fps easily. Something not too long either, like 10 ish hours. My plays of Dark Sector and Bionic Commando were pretty enjoyable for being average games.

Replayed the HITMAN tutorial level, the one that's going to be free, and they did a great job streamlining the information it gives you and hopefully will make starting the game for newbies a little easier, I don't remember it giving actual useful info about all the systems like they do now.

Would you recommend me a game? I'm looking for something that's 3rd person shooter or action from the 360 era that a newer PC can run at 60fps easily. Something not too long either, like 10 ish hours. My plays of Dark Sector and Bionic Commando were pretty enjoyable for being average games.

Vanquish

Ladekabel

Vanquish and Max Payne 3 though the latter might be a tad longer than 10 hours.

Hektor

Square Enix is proud to announce that they're going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the critically acclaimed masterpiece Final Fantasy Tactics by continuing not to port it to pc

Ladekabel

I just wish Squenix would remember that it has games like Brave Fencer Musashi and Live a Live in its catalogue.

Squenix: "We heard you! Here is another Final Fantasy universe game!"

Ascheroth

I just wish Squenix would remember that it has games like Brave Fencer Musashi and Live a Live in its catalogue.

Squenix: "We heard you! Here is another Final Fantasy universe game!"
Nah, they aren't even hearing that : P
Still no World of Final Fantasy for PC, Square Enix just goes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

AI: Rampage -- MB-229F8BC920CF6765 - Taken by Mikurden
Blue Estate The Game -- MB-F17E82EF2A32052E - Taken by Mike Bison
Clergy Splode -- MB-B21D6024B870403B - Taken by yoshizzle
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- MB-8316068B0FEEE782 - Taken by Freezard
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-B761522D22F6613B - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Dirt: Showdown -- MB-5A3C00094570CABA - Taken by krczt23
GREEN GAME: TIMESWAPPER -- MB-C6CCBBCB83171B33 - Taken by fuzzy123
Go Mission: Space Travel -- MB-EC1F374CBDFBC56F - Taken by fuzzy123
GooCubelets: The Void -- MB-3DEB1ABB4241E405 - Taken by Belgarion
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-FDA0C758A31DD123 - Taken by Freezard
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-8952AD685765B8D4 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Incitement 3 -- MB-996DEC1DFC51BCCD - Taken by fuzzy123
Invasion: Brain Craving -- MB-3354EF9F7B9C4A7D - Taken by yoshizzle
KWAAN -- MB-1B3267E82730F227 - Taken by fuzzy123
LaserCat -- MB-26C9AEF011328E43 - Taken by titch
Narborion Saga -- MB-C9A637C0F3DB6AA8 - Taken by oipic
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-71DFE73A2EE27C86 - Taken by thesaucetastic
Overture -- MB-32AF3776E8D034B6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-D36A3CEA90ACBEAF - Taken by fuzzy123
Project Starship -- MB-A47F010A51F2ACAB - Taken by Loptous
Purgatory -- MB-6A0A9BD316010B01 - Taken by voodooray
Race.a.bit -- MB-CFEEE337EDA67A9B - Taken by longlivegaming
Reset 1-1 -- MB-9ACC3E1EFFCBCF98 - Taken by yoshizzle
ShipLord -- MB-813FEEA3EA71264A
So Many Cubes -- MB-0B3A7768F9EDECC0 - Taken by voodooray
Solar Shifter EX -- MB-B5B331385A5C9634 - Taken by Mikaju
Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-FC7098A53A2B61E8 - Taken by Mike Bison
Sparle 2 Evo -- MB-EE22F603F6164041 - Taken by krczt23
Star Drifter -- MB-B860A89EC8FAD86D - Taken by lazerfox
State of Anarchy -- MB-1EFCAD0F49B96A9A - Taken by Loptous
Super Ubie Island REMIX -- MB-C8B2551229CBFDBD - Taken by madjoki
The Dreamlord -- MB-BDF2F721B14A31B9 - Taken by madjoki
The Last Photon -- MB-3FA7755B15BA233C - Taken by sadblob
This Book Is A Dungeon -- MB-D3DE0179BADD772F - Taken by Mikurden
Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova -- MB-09BB92683FE24525 - Taken by Mikurden

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Fort Defense failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for GundeadliGne failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Hitogata Happa failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Parsnip

Did MS announce some sorta Elite X controller or something?

I was hoping they would but alas.

Replayed the HITMAN tutorial level, the one that's going to be free, and they did a great job streamlining the information it gives you and hopefully will make starting the game for newbies a little easier, I don't remember it giving actual useful info about all the systems like they do now.
Did the same and they did a pretty good job at making the tutorials better.
One thing that bugs me though is that the new voice overs don't sound like Diana anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom