• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting news on that Cold Steel port soon.

whew.png

I still think about Hellgate London sometimes. That potential super-version with Global and Tokyo was officially killed in April.

Borderlands is the closest but the themes are wildly different. Maybe Destiny 2 will scratch the itch.

Coldsun

Banned
I still think about Hellgate London sometimes. That potential super-version with Global and Tokyo was officially killed in April.

Borderlands is the closest but the themes are wildly different. Maybe Destiny 2 will scratch the itch.

Honestly, I wish HellGate London was for sell on Steam, even in its broken state.
I loved the potential of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what was that third person mmo-ish shooter with the tv show? starts with a D.

I was kinda into it for a few hours, I thought it was decent :(

Its f2p these days I think, I should give it a spin one of these days.

edit: Defiance!

zkylon

zkylewd

hellegate london looked so fucking cool at the time too

nowadays i find these a bit cringey but back then i was blown away by those like sci-fi armor designs

Sarcasm

So what is the point of having mid week sales when the steam sales start?

Kind of want to jump on the child DLC for War of Mine as its a dollar here, but I bet it be the same price during sale?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Kind of want to jump on the child DLC for War of Mine as its a dollar here, but I bet it be the same price during sale?

midweek literally ends when the sale starts.

Any other ideas?
Would you recommend me a game? I'm looking for something that's 3rd person shooter or action from the 360 era that a newer PC can run at 60fps easily. Something not too long either, like 10 ish hours. My plays of Dark Sector and Bionic Commando were pretty enjoyable for being average games.
I have a Max Payne 3 playthrough started already so that would be easy to pick up.

Can the mouse in Binary Domain be fixed? It always felt bad to me.

Rhaknar

Any other ideas?

I have a Max Payne 3 playthrough started already so that would be easy to pick up.

Singularity.

You're welcome.

Remember Me?

41eqZntbTIL._SX522_.jpg

Geez, I remember seeing a preview/review of this during an episode of XPLAY, really enjoying what I saw, finding out there was a subscription fee and couldn't convince my mom to let me subscribe to the game since I had no credit card at 12/13 and she got me guild wars instead since that had no fee. Looking back that might have been a good thing.

Madventure

Well they all end at 10am thursday, which is when it would roll over into sale-mageddon

Rhaknar

current page made me want to give Defiance a go to see how it is these days. Downloaded 16gigs, am greeted with a "Glyph" log in screen.

WTF is Glyph.

And people wonder why we hate multiple clients / services / whatever

Any other ideas?

I know it got a lot of hate because it wasn't as good as Guerrilla, but I liked Red Faction: Armageddon. Oh, and obviously Red Faction Guerrilla if you haven't played that yet.

The first Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider trilogy (Legend, Anniversary, Underworld) is pretty good too.

Bets on how cheap Nier will be? $30?

The game is sitting at 370k owners on SteamSpy right now. Lots of AAA games would kill to reach that numbers just a few months after release. No chance for 50% off, 25% off is most likely like in the recent PSN discount.

current page made me want to give Defiance a go to see how it is these days. Downloaded 16gigs, am greeted with a "Glyph" log in screen.

WTF is Glyph.

And people wonder why we hate multiple clients / services / whatever

It's Trion's exclusive client for downloading and launching their MMOs. Yeah, lots of MMO publishers have their own client these days, including Perfect World (Arc Games), Mydotcom, Nexon Launcher and Aeria Ignite.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Remember Me?

41eqZntbTIL._SX522_.jpg

As someone who's first favourite game was Ultima VI, and who spend much of his teenage years in Ultima Online...

Jz8VG.gif

Edit: What happened to this game, I wonder...

A federal appeals court upheld a $28 million jury verdict against NCsoft Corp. in a lawsuit filed by Richard Garriott, the game creator who formerly ran the South Korean gaming company's U.S. operations, which were then based in Austin.

In a ruling published Friday, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said NCsoft "fails to demonstrate reversible error" in the 2010 trial pitting Garriott against his old employer.

NCsoft will not appeal the verdict, company spokeswoman Genevieve Waldman said.

Last year, a federal court jury in Austin found in Garriott's favor. His lawsuit said NCsoft had mischaracterized the circumstances under which he left the company in 2008.

By labeling his departure voluntary, Garriott said, NCsoft forced him to exercise his stock options quickly in a poor market, costing him millions.

Garriott, who still lives in Austin, said the company had fired him shortly after he returned from a trip to the International Space Station.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welcome to the club. May it be fruitful for you.

I doubt I'll ever actually release anything, but, hey, you never know. I've always wanted access to the full partner site, and with Direct replacing Greenlight, I figured I'd take advantage of the opportunity.

Vibranium

Banned
Finally done with Witcher 3, loved it and my time was worth it. It may be its own timeline but, it was a fantastic ride.

After playing Blood and Wine (which gave him some excellent voice acting) I really, really, really hope Regis shows up in that Witcher Netflix TV show at some point, assuming it is actually good. If it is based on the books then I feel like it will take place before he
is killed by Vilgefortz.

That game needed more time in development, were they rushed or were they out of funds? I dont remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom