• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
- they added a safehouse filled with a bunch of random shady looking dudes, a butler and tony montana for some reason. you can't really do anything here except talk to them (except the one lady you cannot even talk to lol), and they don't really say much. could've put a shooting gallery minigame in it or something...

You can upgrade your safehouse's rooms in multiple tiers by using Continental Coins, which you receive for completing heists and daily/weekly/monthly jobs. When you upgrade John Wick's room you will actually unlock a shooting gallery minigame.

I'd recommend to ignore all the half-assed fluff in the game and focus on that what's really important: choose a player character you like, buy him/her some nice equipment and skills and just do some heisting!

Arthea

Then there are are two kinds of achievement hunter.
The first one is the legit hunters, those play real games and try to unlock every achievement there is.
The second are those who just buy joke games with insane amount of achievements and unlock them almost instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4VdLg1GKwo

You don't need to do anything and you unlock achievements, there is no fun in that...

those fake cheevo games are still a new thing, so basically most of achievement hunters are of both types in one atm, but yeah, there is kind of achevement hunting that's plain unfun, as playing games only with easy and fast to get a lot of cheevos and such, which usually are not good games.

Deques

Where is the offer for the £5?

Did you spend 20€ and get both $5 and £5 back?

https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=XRXGCRUFQMATS

I assume I have to spend 20€ and 20£ to get 5€ and 5£. I haven't spent them yet. Short on money now and the payday is in few days

those fake cheevo games are still a new thing, so basically most of achievement hunters are of both types in one atm, but yeah, there is kind of achevement hunting that's plain unfun, as playing games only with easy and fast to get a lot of cheevos and such, which usually are not good games.

I rather play a fun game with no achievements and enjoy it rather than play joke games for achievements...

derFeef

Getting my Wishlist ready for tomorrow, boy.. I really don't want to add too much to my already too big backlog... but why not.

Coreda

What the heck is this? Denuvo?

VctG0y9.png

Launched fine previously in offline mode. Googling didn't return any results.

madjoki

Why do devs think that insane amount of achievements is a feature?

Gaming the system:

1) Make achievement hunters idle for achievements (game gives 1 achievement per 10 seconds or so)
2) Reach 'confidence' to allow cards
3) Then add cards (and once you reach $1000 fee is refunded and you can submit another game free).

Also coming soon Steam Stickers (tm)

iJxMqvQ.png

Gaming the system:

1) Make achievement hunters idle for achievements (game gives 1 achievement per 10 seconds or so)
2) Reach 'confidence' to allow cards
3) Then add cards (and once you reach $1000 fee is refunded and you can submit another game free).

Also coming soon Steam Stickers (tm)

iJxMqvQ.png

"Buy and sell stickers on the Steammarketplace. You can get stickers by crafting a badge."

Soon on Steam:
Asset Swaps to earn money by trading cards AND stickers.

C4rter

Awesome, I just got an email from PayPal about a 5€ coupon whenever I buy for 20€ from Steam during the upcoming sale. Apparently that's for every order I make during the sale, not just once.

Edit: Oh well I guess I'm not the only one here :-D

Jut realized I own Lawbreakers, beta or whatever version of the game. WAIT FOR ME CLIFFY!

"The Beta will convert into the full version ONLY if you pre-order. You can pre-order the game even with that error message. When Beta testing ends, if you've pre-purchased, you will have immediate access to the full game on August 8th. "

fantomena

"The Beta will convert into the full version ONLY if you pre-order. You can pre-order the game even with that error message. When Beta testing ends, if you've pre-purchased, you will have immediate access to the full game on August 8th. "

Cool. Might pre-order then. Non of that 60$ MP only bs said by CliffyB.

Arthea

all I need it's Interplay Solitaire to get a good discount, I want it bad but not 20€ bad, even nostalgia can't make me pay 20€ for it.

but it won't

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just finished Assassin's Creed.
That's some damn effective sequel bait.

I did play a couple of sequences from ACII many (many) moons ago. Felt really conflicted about that game but I barely remember anything about it.
Looking forward to discovering how I feel about it now.

Pachimari

Just finished Assassin's Creed.
That's some damn effective sequel bait.

I did play a couple of sequences from ACII many (many) moons ago. Felt really conflicted about that game but I barely remember anything about it.
Looking forward to discovering how I feel about it now.
Damn you fast. Didn't you start like 2 days ago? I still got 5 targets left but I'm enjoying it. Yu gonna start up Ass Creed II now?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Damn you fast. Didn't you start like 2 days ago? I still got 5 targets left but I'm enjoying it. Yu gonna start up Ass Creed II now?
I started playing last Friday. I'm usually quite slow when it comes to games so i'm a bit shocked by how fast I went through this one as well.

The game has issues and some elements aged badly but it also felt unique (even if i've already played some later instalments) and it's a really atmospheric game. Loved my time with it.
Current day conspiracy stuff is also pretty intruiging.

And yeah, i'm going to purchase the Ezio Collection. That's not really Steam related, though. :p

I don't think I've made more than 3 days in a row on that chrono thing. I have just over 1k points and they want 3k+ for "There's Poop in my Soup?" Yeah I'm never catching up.

Good price for Fire Pro Wrestling World. I'm definitely going to get this. Will be fun to make a league to fill the void or provide an alternative for the departed VGCW.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mighty Party: Back to Transylvania Pack -- MB-2D62D7AC2BEB00DF - Taken by krczt23
Tap Adventure: Time Travel - Beginner's Pack -- MB-94831296990E0AF3 - Taken by InquisitorAles

Both are dlcs for two f2p games on Steam, just add the f2p title, redeem the key and +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom