• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

I still think about Hellgate London sometimes. That potential super-version with Global and Tokyo was officially killed in April.

Borderlands is the closest but the themes are wildly different. Maybe Destiny 2 will scratch the itch.

Had so much fun playing that game. Maybe because I had just started playing games then, but whatever the reason - I enjoyed it a lot, and was quite sad when it crashed and burned.

Knurek

So, Final Fantasy Tactics Steam release later today?
lol, Squeenix is like 'what are all these people talking about, we don't remember ever having a game like this in our portfolio'

Li Kao

Hmm, having just bought a new PS4 Pro a few weeks ago, let me get this straight: is there still no native support for it on win 10 ? Just a Steam support ? I still have to use a third party driver tu use the pad outside of Steam ?

Unai

Hmm, having just bought a new PS4 Pro a few weeks ago, let me get this straight: is there still no native support for it on win 10 ? Just a Steam support ? I still have to use a third party driver tu use the pad outside of Steam ?

Windows will see it as a direct input controller, so it will work with all games that support this input method + all games that specifically support the ds4. No x-input emulation, though.

So, Final Fantasy Tactics Steam release later today?
lol, Squeenix is like 'what are all these people talking about, we don't remember ever having a game like this in our portfolio'

What pains me the most is that SE would often hurry to release their iOS ports of Final Fantasy on Steam when it doesnt make sense... But when there's a game, with a nice sprite work remade, with controls redone for pointer/touch, they wont port it. Wtf SE.

Li Kao

Windows will see it as a direct input controller, so it will work with all games that support this input method + all games that specifically support the ds4. No x-input emulation, though.

So what is the driver to use these days ?

zkylon

zkylewd
experience trying to launch payday 2 after getting a bunch of friends to download it while it was free:
- my friends don't use steam so 3gb patches for everyone, which meant we didn't actually get to play
- game defaulted to a resolution that hid the settings options so i had to edit a cfg to get it to work
- immediately upon opening got assaulted billion achievements, messages, skill trees and unlocks. bought a bunch of guns without knowing why, put a flashlight and a silencer in an automatic shotgun cos why not
- they added a safehouse filled with a bunch of random shady looking dudes, a butler and tony montana for some reason. you can't really do anything here except talk to them (except the one lady you cannot even talk to lol), and they don't really say much. could've put a shooting gallery minigame in it or something...

i still remember playing the beta with salsa and having such a great time just shooting cops and failing stealth missions over and over and shit, this game used to be cool, and it probably still is, but all this fluff makes it kind of impenetrable

derFeef

experience trying to launch payday 2 after getting a bunch of friends to download it while it was free:
- my friends don't use steam so 3gb patches for everyone, which meant we didn't actually get to play
- game defaulted to a resolution that hid the settings options so i had to edit a cfg to get it to work
- immediately upon opening got assaulted billion achievements, messages, skill trees and unlocks. bought a bunch of guns without knowing why, put a flashlight and a silencer in an automatic shotgun cos why not
- they added a safehouse filled with a bunch of random shady looking dudes, a butler and tony montana for some reason. you can't really do anything here except talk to them (except the one lady you cannot even talk to lol), and they don't really say much. could've put a shooting gallery minigame in it or something...

i still remember playing the beta with salsa and having such a great time just shooting cops and failing stealth missions over and over and shit, this game used to be cool, and it probably still is, but all this fluff makes it kind of impenetrable

It's a bloated game with real persons sneaked in as guest characters and half-done looking DLC maps. I bet the game is fun, but I also wish I could feasibly play it on my own.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nezzhil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Flat Heroes -- MB-2781094D41BA2DA7 - Taken by Kifimbo. 8 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-E16C1DE260F8B568 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-F40C2C19F1E45904 - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-4BE7A28E19E158B4 - Taken by BumRush. 19 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-C0743E1F1BA9763F - Taken by White Wolf. 15 entrants total.
Planetary Annihilation TITANS -- MB-14D6C4992E10EE3D - Taken by Freezard. 12 entrants total.
Refunct -- MB-2AE1E72F0DC5858E - Taken by madjoki. 7 entrants total.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity -- MB-0D05C371A47E392D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-914EFA6C1995E448 - Taken by Madventure. 15 entrants total.

t1498029717z1.png

derFeef

So that Hitman patch supposedly did remove SE Logos and stuff like that? Nothing changed for me.
Even have that weird SE community login in the main menu.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a bloated game with real persons sneaked in as guest characters and half-done looking DLC maps. I bet the game is fun, but I also wish I could feasibly play it on my own.

yeah, smaller missions for 1 or 2 players would be pretty cool

but yeah all the bloat just turns me off really quick

That game needed more time in development, were they rushed or were they out of funds? I dont remember.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134651/bill_roper_reflections_on_hellgate.php

Flagship actually got a lot bigger than we ever intended it to. In our heads, we wanted to have 25 people. Like, that was how big we wanted our company to be. We had to grow to a larger size within Flagship to support everything we tried to do with that game.

The biggest failure with Hellgate is we just tried to do too much. We were a single-player game, or you could go online and play for free, and there was also this hybrid subscription model that you could get into, and the game was coming out on the new Windows platform.

And we were part of the Games for Windows program, we shipped in 17 languages, we had a very high-end graphics engine that we had built but at the same time we did low-poly versions of the game. I mean, the list just went on and on and on.

It still eventually comes down to dollars and cents and time. I mean, I think when Hellgate: London came out... we knew it needed another four to six months. The publishers knew it needed another four to six months. Everybody was all in. That was kind of the mindset.

I think there were a lot of things that happened in that game, and in the backend. When I talked earlier about how we got much bigger than we wanted to, we had to start a separate company. We had to start Ping0, which did all the backend, the game servers, the support, the billing, like everything. We never thought we would have to do that.

That was originally part of the deal. That was going to be provided. And then when that didn't happen, we said, "Well, we actually need to serve the game, so we have to start a second company." I was CEO of two companies at one point.

It's like now we're making games, and we have a second game we're working on. We tried to have something, like we talked about, having something coming up. Oh, and there's a tech company we're running. So, we had a hundred employees, where we wanted 25.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know what happened to lashboy? His Twitter account has been silent since June 16th, it is missing a profile picture, and the name has been changed to "nobody". And his Steam profile is now private.

Judging from the replies to his pinned tweet, he said something that didn't go down well. I did try to see what it was, but Twitter stopped loading his tweets part way through the 13th.

So how do I buy your game?

You have to 100% all mainline AssCreed games. :p There's actually nothing attached to the app (it was generated automatically), plus it doesn't count as a +1 since it's private.

Arthea

I must say I like this new drop all cards at once for already played games thingie a lot. Saves time and it is nice in not valve customer care way.

prudislav

Judging from the replies to his pinned tweet, he said something that didn't go down well.
seems like it .. some pople seem angry at his recent anti-GaaS SP views and ton of steam-.page info.. which is exactly why i loved to read him though or maybe tehre was some tweet that got him ton of hate

Tizoc

Got a bunch of gifts planned, so
Pray to Crom for victory.

Hope this summer sale will make God Eater give a great discount.

EDIT: Someone summarize Lashman's predicament to me?

Expect God Eater to go for 50% off or more. Heck it might be the highlight game of the upcoming monthly :p

Durante

This Paypal 5€ thing is neat.

It's exceedingly rare that there is any promotion like this that is actually of use to me.

Zeknurn

I started playing games other than HoI so here's my quick check-in:

Doom - Great game and I would gladly like to see more shooters take inspiration from its faster paced, more open-ended arena combat encounters rather than trying to be cinematic movies.
Company of Heroes 2 - Poor story and uninspiring mission design. The first game and its expansions were much better. I'm sure multiplayer is where its at but I'd rather not put in time to get decent at it.
Her Story - A good game even though I figured out the twist after like 10 clips. I would like to see a grander take on this concept.
80 Days - Another good game, a bit too light on the gameplay, but its writing and world building was top notch. It made me want to read a good book.

Now onto Steamworld Heist which I'm already enjoying a lot.

And screw you backlog.

Arthea

Ace Combat 7 gameplay (15 minutes)
https://youtu.be/yDU-mXi1MK0

I started playing games other than HoI so here's my quick check-in:

Doom - Great game and I would gladly like to see more shooters take inspiration from its faster paced, more open-ended arena combat encounters rather than trying to be cinematic movies.
Company of Heroes 2 - Poor story and uninspiring mission design. The first game and its expansions were much better. I'm sure multiplayer is where its at but I'd rather not put in time to get decent at it.
Her Story - A good game even though I figured out the twist after like 10 clips. I would like to see a grander take on this concept.
80 Days - Another good game, a bit too light on the gameplay, but its writing and world building was top notch. It made me want to read a good book.

Now onto Steamworld Heist which I'm already enjoying a lot.

And screw you backlog.

It's not a backlog it's a library
of Alexandria for some

Pachimari

What is the chance of Army Men 3D ever hitting PC? Wasn't it only ever released for the PlayStation 1? I need this game.

I'm also still patiently awaiting the Army Men games on GOG to hit Steam.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

10,000+ achievements, spells achievement wrong -.-

Arthea

Why do devs think that insane amount of achievements is a feature?

cuz these games sell? you know, achievement hunters buy them all.
I was wondering the other day will valve do something about it, because it's kinda exploding already

edited: make a horrible game, add 10K cheevos - profit

Deques

cuz these games sell? you know, achievement hunters buy them all.
I was wondering the other day will valve do something about it, because it's kinda exploding already

Then there are are two kinds of achievement hunter.
The first one is the legit hunters, those play real games and try to unlock every achievement there is.
The second are those who just buy joke games with insane amount of achievements and unlock them almost instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4VdLg1GKwo

You don't need to do anything and you unlock achievements, there is no fun in that... The achievements just pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom