• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
or, I spend zero dollars (well euros) and I continue to randomly walk around with zombie and skeletons until I get bored. That sounds like a better idea.

Then play SSF league and turn off all chat. Don't have to worry about it then. Good luck doing a minion build SSF though.

zkylon

zkylewd
The writing in Life is Strange is hella to the Maximus!

I dunno, I think it's cute.
i think mostly you could tell the life is strange script was written by non-american non-teenager non-women writers. you don't need any of that to write a good story about american teenager girls but it probably helps, and in this case you could really tell the writers couldn't quite effortlessly pull it off

in some cases it was kinda cute with the whole wowzers and shaka brah things and the whole "we don't know how to speak without sounding awkward as fuck" kinda fits the way teenagers speak, but it was a bit much

there's also a good number of stories and characters that aren't really well developed and in general it felt like the storytelling was a bit clunky

so i'd like to see some better editing in the sequel, because even if all the above is true, they did create some really likable characters and a very fun and thrilling and intriguing story and the fucking made a coming of age videogame about young girls with like hipster movie aesthetics, you can't do anything but applaud them for that

i really like the idea of a second life is strange, i'm not a huge fan of the execution of the first game but the series got so much potential

Never heard of this game before. Looks like a western FFVII knockoff.
a friend of mine showed me this game a couple months ago, apparently it was one of her favorite games when she was growing up

i had never heard of it either. it looked so strange too lol

deejay

Oh man, Silver, that brings back memories. Glad to see it on Steam, definitely gonna buy it soon. It was one of the most fun, but very underrated and underappreciated, games back then.

Ascheroth

11B52091BCFC6D2D821E78E462D9E3A7F48DEBAD
This dude.
It has been done.
That was a fun fight.

venomenon

Oh, wow, I'm fairly sure I played the demo of this way back in the day. Blasts from the past are always nice.
Me too, and I remember liking it a lot. It had a relatively extensive demo iirc. Very nice to finally see it on Steam. I just hope the somewhat unique gameplay holds up, I wouldn't want to spoil my fond memories of it.

Pixieking

Banned
aw fishy

why do people bother to discuss politics on an internet forum is beyond me

I think it may have come across as drive-by shitposting. I get what he was saying in that thread, but he could've added more to his post and he probably wouldn't have been banned. Having spent months in PoliGAF, I think as long as you can back-up what you're saying, you're generally fine.

Ludens

Banned
A couple of questions:
-was that rumor regarding the anniversary of FF ever confirmed (and if so FFXII and XV port)? At the moment I have the chance to get FFXII for 29€ new on PS4, but I don't want really double dip so if a PC version is planned, I'll wait for that.
-Nioh? Anything about a PC version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple of questions:
-was that rumor regarding the anniversary of FF ever confirmed (and if so FFXII and XV port)? At the moment I have the chance to get FFXII for 29€ new on PS4, but I don't want really double dip so if a PC version is planned, I'll wait for that.

Nope. Time proved it to be a load of hogwash. FFXII HD and FFXV are undoubtedly coming, though.

Not yet. KT may announce something soon as the game will be six months old come August 7th, though a 12-month exclusivity period is more likely.

Ascheroth

A couple of questions:
You can be 100% sure that FFXII and XV will come to PC.
XII will probably be exactly 1 year after consoles and XV after they are done with patching and adding DLCs.

No idea about Nioh.

I liked Silver, played original and later rebought it on gog, it's definitely inspired by FF, I'd call it JRPG, even if it's made in UK.
Silver is one of those good games nobody played.

edited: releasing this year on steam, mean it won't be played again.
I liked silver too, it's a great game, hope it gets some love.

Javier23

Banned

Awesome! Played this one as a kid on my DC. Got stuck not too far in I think but I still really enjoyed it. No idea if it holds up well but I can't wait to revisit it.

Ludens

Banned
The question about Silver is if THQ patched it, because the original game had some nasty bugs, like I had a crash occuring before the final boss each time and I was never able to beat the game. By reading the steam community it seems there are many bugs in the Steam version not present in the GOG one. Also the GOG version is full screen while in the Steam version there are borders...and it seems they changed dialogues too, at least by reading the forum.

What kind of game is Silver?

There's no video on the store page, nor in the discussion boards. It says action but what kind of action?

Hektor

Never played it, but it looks like my jam. I love low poly character models and prerendered backgronds idk why.

Tho the dialogue windows and their font are pretty distracting

Lanrutcon

What kind of game is Silver?

There's no video on the store page, nor in the discussion boards. It says action but what kind of action?

Action adventure. No leveling or anything like that, it's more linear Zelda like. Real time combat that comes down to using the right items and abilities. Like a lightweight Ys game.

xist

I've still got my Dreamcast version of Silver boxed up in the cupboard behind me. It got mediocre reviews, and was pretty short but I remember enjoying it. That and Record of Lodoss War.

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with Vanquish color filter?
I can't remember last time i saw game with so badly crushed blacks, it's impossible to see what's going on in some battles. Any way to fix this? I tried to disable HDR in settings but it didn't helped.

Arthea

Action adventure. No leveling or anything like that, it's more linear Zelda like. Real time combat that comes down to using the right items and abilities. Like a lightweight Ys game.

I wouldn't call it AA or Zelda like, more like ARPG, comparison to Ys is kinda OK, or maybe even to Zwei.

Hektor

I really hope that rumor about Bethesda turning Elder Scrolls and Fallout into one interconnected franchise isn't real.

kulapik

Giveaway to celebrate i'm back from my one week ban and also get rid of the games of this Humble Monthly that I wasn't very interested in.

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation -- MB-2C253AAB0270FAB1 - Taken by redlacs. 15 entrants total.
Maize -- MB-6AF0B410DE6F1E70 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 16 entrants total.
Shoppe Keep -- MB-ACA2FC69C0CFFDD4 - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-87DABECCDBB8B1E0 - Taken by Shalashaska. 9 entrants total.

t1496664874z1.png

I know SteamWorld Heist wasn't from this bundle, but whatevs

Mivey

I really hope that rumor about Bethesda turning Elder Scrolls and Fallout into one interconnected franchise isn't real.
The Fallout games have been very focused on the North American subcontinent, we don't really know what's going in the rest of the world.
Just argue that Elder Scrolls is set in some weird part of Europe, where some people dress up as Lizards and Cats. And people don't remember anything from before, because nuclear radiation made them forget and gave them magic powers.
Would work rather well.

gabbo

The Fallout games have been very focused on the North American subcontinent, we don't really know what's going in the rest of the world.
Just argue that Elder Scrolls is set in some weird part of Europe, where some people dress up as Lizards and Cats. And people don't remember anything from before, because nuclear radiation made them forget and gave them magic powers.
Would work rather well.

What if the rest of the world is totally fine in the Fallout world and only North America is a bombed out hellhole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom