• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

F8DAB16038FB924690622A8A208084C3FF05D5AA
FDBD54FA51B9CFA644DD74BC9B2E17EF41657226
Fuck those guys.

Still no idea :p

thats weird. I just want my zombies to kill things, thats all.

You can. End game progression will be really slow unless you get incredibly lucky with drops. There's some uniques that you'll want that might not ever drop for you. You can still trade for them. But building up the currency for them without being able to sell stuff will be slow and meticulous.

Annubis

I really hope that rumor about Bethesda turning Elder Scrolls and Fallout into one interconnected franchise isn't real.

The next Elder Scroll is about a guy from Fallout travelling back in time.
You will be forced to play a human and your character will be voiced.

I was all set to give some early impressions about how truly impressive this fourth hidden-object game was...then I realized my achievements weren't activating, and when I quit and restart, my profile info wasn't there.

I've been noticing this with other games of mine too, in addition to being super slow, it's not recognizing my profile, but quitting Steam and restarting it did the trick. (I've asked around and only got a couple of people who have the same issue, but nobody knows how to solve it.) In this case, it appears not to be. So I'll have to start it again from scratch.

Ascheroth

I still can't consistently deal with the Lance ones
I hate how on SotFS you need to grind them to get their weapon early
I'm pretty sure that area made me 'overlevel' a whole lot, since I ended up doing a loooooot of tries until I got past them into the cathedral.
On the plus side, I can kinda sorta deal with them now.
I ended up gettting their weapons too, are they good? Currently using the Fire Longsword from the Forest of Giants.

Tonton

I'm pretty sure that area made me 'overlevel' a whole lot, since I ended up doing a loooooot of tries until I got past them into the cathedral.
I ended up gettting their weapons too, are they good? Currently using the Fire Longsword from the Forest of Giants.
I like the sword's moveset, just try both and see which you like more, the fire longsword is a great early weapon

AHA-Lambda

Naked nazi anime waifus waxing lyrically about philosophy and death

Dies Irae is the most anime thing I think I've ever experienced, and I'm only 2-3 hours in.

Volimar

People have already made them connected worlds. Bethesda put nirnroot in Fallout 4 as an easter egg and people went nuts trying to connect the worlds.

Mattenth

Tangential: < 69 is 'Weak' on OpenCritic while > 74 is 'Strong' or better.
Fucking hell, I hate video game scoring.

It's actually percentage based:
- Bottom 40%: Weak
- Middle 20%: Fair
- Next 30%: Strong
- Top 10%: Mighty

We're working on a redesign now where we intend to change the breakdown to 30/30/30/10.

Finished Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Man, I'm bummed out it's over. I can't wait for Cold Steel on Steam and I hope Zero wont be too far off.

NeoRaider

Vanquish numbers are not as good as Bayonetta. 68,798 ± 7,741 in 10 days.

Bayonetta sold more than 100k copies in one week without pre-orders. Vanquish had 2 weeks pre-order + discount for Bayonetta owners.

ArjanN

Bayonetta sold more than 100k copies in one week without pre-orders. Vanquish had 2 weeks pre-order + discount for Bayonetta owners.

Pretty expected since Vanquish never sold as well as Bayonetta on console either , and Bayo has a bit more presence through the sequel, being in smash etc.

Still good numbers though. Will probably do well during the summer sale too.

gabbo

I wouldn't be worried too much about the lesser numbers. Bayo has a bigger presence and more lead up time (after the initial announcement I mean).

Teeth

Blunt weapons (maces, clubs) have an inherent advantage for large portions of DS2 because they are strong against armored enemies, which DS2 has a greater proportion of compared to other DS games.

Especially early on, standard swords don't grant as much hit stun/reaction compared to blunt weapons on armored enemies.

One thing to consider about elemental weapons is that the damage values are reduced independently for the standard and elemental damage portions. This generally means that they end up slightly weaker than straight damage unless the enemy is specifically weak to that element (which isn't that common).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Well Vanquish has that issue that once you finish it doesn't really give reasons to go back to it and people may have read the stuff before before buying it. I may give shit to the game but I wish it were doing a bit better than that.

Waifus sell on Steam

And butts. People love butts.

If I remember correctly I went through all their spawns going through the area on my first playthrough.

Ascheroth

It's actually percentage based:
- Bottom 40%: Weak
- Middle 20%: Fair
- Next 30%: Strong
- Top 10%: Mighty

We're working on a redesign now where we intend to change the breakdown to 30/30/30/10.
So the bottm 40% of videa game scores starts with 69? ...I hate videogame scoring...
But yeah, 30/30/30/10 sounds fairer.

Blunt weapons (maces, clubs) have an inherent advantage for large portions of DS2 because they are strong against armored enemies, which DS2 has a greater proportion of compared to other DS games.

Especially early on, standard swords don't grant as much hit stun/reaction compared to blunt weapons on armored enemies.

One thing to consider about elemental weapons is that the damage values are reduced independently for the standard and elemental damage portions. This generally means that they end up slightly weaker than straight damage unless the enemy is specifically weak to that element (which isn't that common).
That's good to know. Guess I'll get myself a mace or something as secondary weapon.

And butts. People love butts.

If I remember correctly I went through all their spawns going through the area on my first playthrough.
Lol yeah, I killed off nearly everythnig there. ...Not because I wanted, it just happened naturally while trying to get through...

In other DkS2 news: The Flexile Sentry is a fucking awesome idea.

Vastag

I just started playing steamworld heist and it is a ton of fun. Exploiting the ricoches to kill the enemies never gets old.

Tizoc

Yo jase, grab Marvin's Mittens if you don't have it yet.
It's a 2D Collectathon platformer with a very light winter theme.

More Bundle Stars leftovers:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-3DB67A5B59BDADF4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
King's Bounty: Dark Side -- MB-509A3EF85D1D53E9 - Taken by Eila. 10 entrants total.
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty -- MB-163887336EE7F366 - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Septerra Core -- MB-1ECC833BEE3DFEEB - Taken by illusionary. 4 entrants total.
Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition -- MB-D2E3757A4784FA83 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1496618721z1.png

Got the Okada costume for King in Tekken 7. It changes his Rage Art to the Rainmaker. That's a super cool touch.

It's real fun so far. Haven't played a Tekken since 4. Pretty amazing that most of the combos I remember from the old days still work, at least against AI.

Finally had some time to continue Bayonetta. I love how it's kinda just right amount of hard, ala 'Souls etc. Even the same-y fights don't bother me that much as it's enjoyable to kick everybodys ass because you already had to learn their moves inside out.

Also
lolz at Lukas comment on Claire, Trish, Silvia and Ammy who are actually his cats and a dog

Tekken 7 could be right up my alley right now, last one I played was 7 I think.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah Tekken 7 is really fun, I can't point my finger why is that, but for now I see myself investing more time in this than SFV or other fighters

I got 23 hours on Tekken 7 and 36 on SFV. I will surpass SFV time easily between today and tomorrow lol.

Jawmuncher

Trying to play Vanquish with M&KB is some cringe gaming for me. I'm doing worse than I would with a controller. Gonna kee at it though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Father_Brain, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-3DB67A5B59BDADF4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
King's Bounty: Dark Side -- MB-509A3EF85D1D53E9 - Taken by Eila. 10 entrants total.

Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty -- MB-163887336EE7F366 - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Septerra Core -- MB-1ECC833BEE3DFEEB - Taken by illusionary. 4 entrants total.
Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition -- MB-D2E3757A4784FA83 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1496618721z1.png

Lain

The new way Steam uses to alert you of games on your wishlists being on sale through email isn't all that useful when your wishlist is big. If the link was to a partitioned list of games from your wishlist on sale, it might have an use, but as it stands it feels like it is only useful for people with short wishlists.
I liked the old method of sending me an email with all the items on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom