• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Plague Inc: Evolved -- MB-994A4E82049EE702 - Taken by Vastag. 19 entrants total.

t1496653298z1.png

yuraya

People posting in the E3 Xbox conference thread 4chan rumors of Microsoft funding an exclusive Dino Crisis game but Capcom ditched it agreeing to work on a new ip instead.

Sorry Jawmuncher. The asteroid killed them. Its over.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
People posting in the E3 Xbox conference thread 4chan rumors of Microsoft funding an exclusive Dino Crisis game but Capcom ditched it agreeing to work on a new ip instead.

Sorry Jawmuncher. The asteroid killed them. Its over.

Ooh, I get to drag this out once again:

alKWUA8.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blood Harvest -- MB-AF6E902A44EBB0C0 - Taken by MaxiLive
Dash Fleet -- MB-9BBA8B2B155804BD - Taken by Large Professor
Urizen Shadows of the Cold -- MB-3EE41B2581353AA1 - Taken by rainking187

Naarmight

Rained a lot this weekend, so got some Steam play time in (any excuse)

Really enjoying Everspace since its full release, I feel like I have upgraded my ship enough now that I can think about not playing it on easy.....

Still going strong with PUBG, easily my GOTY so far and I cannot see it getting toppled, that said, I do have a particular hatred of rounds that start off without you seeing anyone, getting kitted out, then getting sniped from god knows where, though, now I have an even worse one, it is when your squad goes on and wins, and you literally did sweet FA.

Oh as for Tekken, it is not for me, the game itself is solid enough, but I have so many niggles with it, I really hate the rage system. I have abused it to the upmost, and I know I am being cheap and stealing rounds I should lose, it is a lame comeback mechanic. The music is some of the worst I have come across in a fighting game. I have finished the single player, and played a couple of matches online, but really I am too much of an SF player now to really get to grips with 3D so I think I will just go back to SFV and only bring out Tekken now and again for some local matches

Ladekabel

Started I Am The Hero and Va-11-hall-A.

The first one is really fun. Feels really fluid which probably is thanks to being it not like the classic beat'em'up in in a plane but more 2D. The latter is cool, too. Don't even need the VN part where guests tell me something. Just let me mix drinks.

My dream game is now driving the taxi from Yakuza 5 and mixing drinks from Va-11-hall-A.

Durante

Finished Ys II.

It's definitely a better game than Ys I, but the overall dungeon design is still kind of bad. Nonsensical maze like dungeons where everything kind of looks the same, meeh.

Hopefully the later games are better in that area.
Have you played Ys Origin yet?

Because it's the best game in its genre.

MaxiLive

Started I Am The Hero and Va-11-hall-A.

The first one is really fun. Feels really fluid which probably is thanks to being it not like the classic beat'em'up in in a plane but more 2D. The latter is cool, too. Don't even need the VN part where guests tell me something. Just let me mix drinks.

My dream game is now driving the taxi from Yakuza 5 and mixing drinks from Va-11-hall-A.

Now that would be good! Do you also drink said mixed drinks and progressively more drunk during your taxi shift?

I started playing a bit of The Witcher 3 and already I can see how well crafted the world is, the character have some decent VO and everyone seems to have their own personality rather than just dialogue based around your quest. I'm missing a bit from not playing the previous titles as a few names have already been mentioned and my relationship questioned but I'm clueless to what the answers should be. Also I have no idea why people hate Witchers, so far I seem kinda helpful :D

I reallllllllyyyyyy don't know how to fight though. I'm doing my first side quest battle and I get totally destroyed. The quest says it is for level 2 but I seem to only hit for 8-15 damage and the monster just heals up every minute or so so I end up chipping away like 5% of their healthbar tops while they have eaten through 80% of mine... I've even crafted the oils and been using the sigal but it hasn't helped all that much so I must be doing some awfully wrong.

I'm not the best when it comes to 3rd person action fighters like Dark Souls etc so it could be I just suck real hard but I wasn't expecting the first side quest to be this much of a challenge on normal! I'll give it another go tonight if I get time to see if can see what I'm doing wrong.

Grief.exe

Now that would be good! Do you also drink said mixed drinks and progressively more drunk during your taxi shift?

I started playing a bit of The Witcher 3 and already I can see how well crafted the world is, the character have some decent VO and everyone seems to have their own personality rather than just dialogue based around your quest. I'm missing a bit from not playing the previous titles as a few names have already been mentioned and my relationship questioned but I'm clueless to what the answers should be. Also I have no idea why people hate Witchers, so far I seem kinda helpful :D

I reallllllllyyyyyy don't know how to fight though. I'm doing my first side quest battle and I get totally destroyed. The quest says it is for level 2 but I seem to only hit for 8-15 damage and the monster just heals up every minute or so so I end up chipping away like 5% of their healthbar tops while they have eaten through 80% of mine... I've even crafted the oils and been using the sigal but it hasn't helped all that much so I must be doing some awfully wrong.

I'm not the best when it comes to 3rd person action fighters like Dark Souls etc so it could be I just suck real hard but I wasn't expecting the first side quest to be this much of a challenge on normal! I'll give it another go tonight if I get time to see if can see what I'm doing wrong.

Witcher's carry two swords, make sure you're using the silver one for monsters.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Mighty Party: Back to Transylvania -- MB-6DAD31D5D65E286E - Taken by InquisitorAles

Parsnip

Ys I & II are completely different from the rest of the series. To the point where it's probably better to get them out of the way first, if only because going back to them after playing the others would feel like a massive step down. You should play either Oath in Felghana or Ys Origin next, and then you'll see why people love the series so much. That's when the series really gets good.

As per suggestions from last months thread, I'm playing the rest in Napishtim - Felghana - Origin order.

Have you played Ys Origin yet?

Because it's the best game in its genre.
Gotta leave best for last.

I feel like I'm 120% wrong here, but I don't know where I else I could go.
Well, no risk no fun or something.
Into the fog we go! ...Reluctantly. And cautiously. With baby steps.
Boldly go where some men have gone before.
That forest isn't actually as awful as it may seem at first.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How do I check for updates for the scripts I use for tapermonkey?

Click the Tampermonkey icon and find the "Check for userscript updates" button.

Edit: You can also do it script by script in the dashboard by clicking on the last updated counter.

MaxiLive

You can but why would you do something that irresponsible?

Because I'm a Yakuza god dang-it! I don't play by anyone's rules.

Nah, what it should be though is you are bartender/taxi driver at the same time so you have to mix drinks while concentrating on the traffic laws and conversation with the passenger. Which is nearly as irresponsible as drinking and driving...

Javier23

Banned
I'm gonna have to play Pony Island with a guide. I like games like this, but I don't have the patience for puzzles.
Could you just be missing sth? Maybe I just got lucky but I don't remember anything that stumped me for any amount of time. Unless you're talking about getting the tickets, which I never bothered with.

Didn't enjoy the game at all so it's good it didn't take long to finish.

100k for Tekken 7 is good in 4 days right?

I think so. Street Fighter V was at 97,816 ± 6,967 five days after launch so it is beating street fighter numbers right now. It is now fighting Mortal Kombat X which did 200K copies in 17 days. Plus there is a summer sale coming up soon so that will probably give it some more exposure this month.

Parsnip

100k for Tekken 7 is good in 4 days right?

I think so. Street Fighter V was at 97,816 ± 6,967 five days after launch so it is beating street fighter numbers right now. It is now fighting Mortal Kombat X which did 200K copies in 17 days. Plus there is a summer sale coming up soon so that will probably give it some more exposure this month.

It's also worth pointing out that SF5 didn't really move a ton of units after that first week either, only managing to sell 142,786 ±8,985 by April 1st 2016.

It wouldn't be a bold prediction to say that Tekken 7 is on its way to handily beating that.

It's also worth pointing out that SF5 didn't really move a ton of units after that first week either, only managing to sell 142,786 ±8,985 by April 1st 2016.

It wouldn't be a bold prediction to say that Tekken 7 is on its way to handily beating that.

I forgot how much the game cratered in sales after the first week. Capcom really botched that games chances of success.

Naarmight

Also the key difference is Tekken 7 is sitting on a Very Positive rating, SFV had a Negative rating from pretty much day 1.

Tonton

Please save Napishtim for last.
Yeah I agree with this, Napishtim is for when you beat all the other games but you still feel that's not enough Ys
It's really rough

Oops accidentally double posted instead of editing into the previous post

Orgen

I'm gonna have to play Pony Island with a guide. I like games like this, but I don't have the patience for puzzles.

The puzzles are not complicated. Anyway if you're going to use a guide then collect all the tickets. There's a good reward if you collect them all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom