• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

How does Crysis run on an i5 3570k and GTX 1070 at 1440p? I hear it's got CPU issues. Never played before.

I ran it at 1440p on a GTX 970 and i5-4670k (non-OC'd) and it seemed fine on Ultra fwiw. From memory the most intense outdoor sequences saw a noticeable fps hit but for much of the game there isn't a whole lot going on at once.

That game looks cute. It makes me want Viva Pinata on Steam, though!

Was addicted to those games back in the day. The first, the second/expansion, and the DS one, too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ohhh for those who are worried about Hellblade length
n6k0ku6.jpg

Tizoc

Jawmuncher alert-
Q is rumored to be added to Street Fighter V in 2018's Season 3 roster.

Ohhh for those who are worried about Hellblade length
n6k0ku6.jpg

Isn't that the length of some SP modes in games recently? Like Titanfall 2's campaign is around that length right?

Ey STEAMGAF,i recently got my account activated ( it really takes a while ).

Quick question ( figured i'd be the best place to ask) where is the cheapest i can find Tekken 7 ?

Ludens

Banned
Just finished AC Syndacate and I still think those games turned out to be very boring after the Desmond's arc closed.
I mean, the first two AC were great, something fresh, new, with an interesting story settled during real historical events. When Desmond's saga closed, the games lost the plot element pretty much, they are still located during real events, but the overall plot is all the same and nothing new, just something like "templars are evil and they are trying to grab the magic item of this game, stop them".

In particular both twins in Syndacate are barely characterized, the main missions are a slog, the title is the classic Ubi collectacon with copy/past sides to repeat for 200 hours.
At least I didn't pay for Syndacate thaks to a friend who lent me his PS4 copies, but still I feel like I burned 10 hours and this just to do the main with no sides at all.

The fact also in a specific point forces you to do side stuff in order to conquer quarters to proceed with the main story is very very bad in my opinion.

Wok

🎉

This rather plump update will add all manner of exciting gubbins, including the optional ability to skip dialogue faster, bypass cutscenes or reduce those pesky gibberish voices (which should please speedrunners), plus a brand new optional camera mode that gives players full control of where it's pointed.

Jawmuncher alert-
Q is rumored to be added to Street Fighter V in 2018's Season 3 roster.

Isn't that the length of some SP modes in games recently? Like Titanfall 2's campaign is around that length right?

I would love to see Q in SFV. Hopefully they play with his toolset so he isn't just a worse Balrog. Defense buff taunt should be his V-Trigger, lol.

Tizoc

Ey STEAMGAF,i recently got my account activated ( it really takes a while ).

Quick question ( figured i'd be the best place to ask) where is the cheapest i can find Tekken 7 ?

CDKeys.
Alternatively you got Gamersgate.com

Have Enhanced Steam installed on your browser as it will show what is the cheapest price for a game on Steam when you are in its page.

Ascheroth

Wow, that Bonfire near the spiders in Dark Souls 2 is 120% dogshit. Both to actually reach and in itself. Whoever was responsible for this, never let him near game design again.

Kudo

Wow, that Bonfire near the spiders in Dark Souls 2 is 120% dogshit. Both to actually reach and in itself. Whoever was responsible for this, never let him near game design again.

I can remember 2 of these really stupid bonfires in DS2, not sure who thought it was a good idea to put enemies next to bonfire so that when you stand up they attack you immediately.

Endruen

Didn't you reach Sinner's Rise and its bullshit archers near the bonfire?

Tonton

You should've gone there way before where you are, unless they changed that bonfire on the SotFS version.
I think it's still there

Don't think they really need to go there before where they are tho I think it's just usually the first place people go

Ascheroth

You should've gone there way before where you are, unless they changed that bonfire on the SotFS version.
No, I'm pretty sure I was not there. Maybe it's behind one of those dumb stone statues where you never have enough items to unpetrify them when you come across one?

I remember they changed really big parts of the progression through Lost Bastille in Sotfs. I think it's one of the only areas that got a downgrade, not that it was great to begin with anyway.

No, I'm pretty sure I was not there. Maybe it's behind one of those dumb stone statues where you never have enough items to unpetrify them when you come across one?

Yes, there are way too many petrified statues in scholars.

Endruen

Nah, it's just after the lost bastille, and judging by the strength of the enemies it should be on the way of the first primal bonfire you're supposed to lit, whereas you're on the hardest area and what I think is the last primal bonfire.

Ascheroth

Nah, it's just after the lost bastille, and judging by the strength of the enemies it should be on the way of the first primal bonfire you're supposed to lit, whereas you're on the hardest area and what I think is the last primal bonfire.

Uh, are primal bonfires the ones that
light up the map in the villa?
Because if yes, I only have one so far. (
The last giant,
I guess?
)
I've also went ahead and murdered those spiders to extinction.

Endruen

Uh, are primal bonfires the ones that
light up the map in the villa?
Because if yes, I only have one so far. (
The last giant,
I guess?
)
I've also went ahead and murdered those spiders to extinction.

Yes, they do that, but that one you mentioned isn't a primal bonfire. Primal bonfires have different visuals and it says "primal bonfire lit" when you lit them. You can't rest nor teleport to them either. It looks like you didn't lit any of them yet.

I still don't know how you managed to get there, I did that area at level 100 because I was getting wrecked on the shaded ruins before!

Ascheroth

Yes, they do that, but that one you mentioned isn't a primal bonfire. Primal bonfires have different visuals and it says "primal bonfire lit" when you lit them. You can't rest nor teleport to them either. It looks like you didn't lit any of them yet.

I still don't know how you managed to get there, I did that area at level 100 because I was getting wrecked on the shaded ruins before!
Lmao, are you telling me I'm somehow managing to play the game in reverse difficulty order?

I didn't think the Shaded Ruins were that much trouble tbh. Though the scorpion lady was definitely the first boss that I had to try multiple times, that explains it!

Nete

I find quite amusing there are already mods for the Battletech beta (which is not even a week old), to add extra 'mech variants and custom loadouts.

SmartAggravatingAnkolewatusi.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Woah, a modern spiritual successor to the very old Microprose game Red Storm Rising came out on Steam yesterday: Cold Waters:

header.jpg

I loved RSR on my old C64, played the living hell out of that game! Anyone here played Cold Waters yet? This title intrigues me...

There's a handful of LPs/vids starting up on Youtube on the game if you want to look around. Looks like a decent compromise between strategy game and full-on sub sim - not at a Dangerous Waters/Silent Hunter level of sim, but it's not a fast-twitch RTS either.

Here's a vid from a guy who mainly plays sub sims and his initial impressions on the campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZE7op0h6RY

At first, it seems like it might take me a while to get used to this. But after a quick death, I regroup and proceed to work my magic.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I find quite amusing there are already mods for the Battletech beta (which is not even a week old), to add extra 'mech variants and custom loadouts.

Do tell! I would love to get on that! I heard they have a lot of the loadout stuff stored in files somewhere, but I haven't bothered to go looking yet. Just been having fun puching robots in the face and at times landing my mechs on top of other mechs.

Endruen

Lmao, are you telling me I'm somehow managing to play the game in reverse difficulty order?

I didn't think the Shaded Ruins were that much trouble tbh. Though the scorpion lady was definitely the first boss that I had to try multiple times, that explains it!
Yep, looks like it XD
The lions used to one hit me and I didn't deal enough damage, so two of them coming at the same time right at the beggining was a problem. Maybe I need to git gud.
Also, I don't think I was able to unpetrify the piromancer that blocks the way until later (I'm playing it on PS3, where it's a half-baked SotFS and I did that part long ago, so either they added the object before or I'm not remembering correctly.

zkylon

zkylewd

as an arachnophobe i found that area really stressful but i really thanked dks2's despawning enemies

just kill the spiders, rest at the bonfires and repeat 12 times and that's it forever

i do agree it's really weird and dumb

that looks really amazing

i really hope battletech has a good story

Alright so I'm playing The Walking Dead Season 3 and some scenes have this thin, black vertical line through the entire background, like a shadow that never stops. It vanishes when the camera changes, which makes me think it's the game and not my hardware.

For the longest time I thought it was some weird cinematic flair. But it's not.

Anyone know how to fix it? Or is it just TellTale Jank™?

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
I was holding out hope on this too but I don't even know anymore. SE release schedule for their Japanese games on PC makes zero sense. It's hard to predict if we're gonna get a game at all.

Yeah, SE's randomness when it comes to PC is frustrating. I have a PS4 Pro, so I can still get the games if I want to, but I'd much rather play them on my PC. Occasionally I do give in for stuff like the KH remasters since as much as I'd like them to, I'll be shocked if those ever come to Steam.

xezuru

Any idea what the reception is for this game/beta so far?
Have pretty good expectations from the guys who made dragonfall and as a mechwarrior fan.

Jalal

This is a new game? That gif makes it looks like an uprezzed/emulated PS2 game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea what the reception is for this game/beta so far?
Have pretty good expectations from the guys who made dragonfall and as a mechwarrior fan.

I've been playing the backer beta and, yo. This game is Battletech. They took that war game from the 80s/90s and updated it and made a computer game out of it. The current beta is just a skirmish mode, online is supposedly coming sooner or later. There is no campaign stuff in it at all.

The mech really feel like they lumber about and can take a relatively decent sized amount of punishment (except when you get critical'd and MAN DOES THAT SUCK). So the battles often feel like this giant armored tanks circling each other trying to score enough hits on the same parts to punch through the armor and finally start blowing things up. There is lots of tactical considerations like facing and cover and whatnot that you need to account for or your arms/torsos/etc are going to get blown off right quick. I'm having a blast. Also you can jump jet and land on other mechs for a Death From Above which is great and awesome.

Waypoint did a pretty good article on it.

Nete

Shadowplay doesn't help on the IQ either, tho :p

Terrain textures are a bit meh (something that doesn't matter most of the time while you use the regular zoomed out camera), but overall the game doesn't look that bad actually.

AHA-Lambda

Is this game relevant to you?

This game doesn't look like other things you've played in the past. As such we don't have much information on whether or not you might be interested in it

On the Minecraft Season Two store page.

I've played every modern Telltale game of this style since The Walking Dead S1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom