• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Free Hollow Knight content update announced:

51be7ed5a94e2b8c669d68c47b008d58256e0ba1.png

e3af8dee855895d65cdc366be1f8f5f1c9caadee.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/games/367520/announcements/detail/1327847269945274512

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Upgrade: Dream Gate - Discover a whole new method of traversing Hallownest! Slice through the Veil and travel in an instant from one corner of the kingdom to another.

hey, its the much requested fast travel

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I've got several dozen games on Steam and GOG that I want to play but will probably make me rage, due to age or some strange design decision. The 90's have some damn good games, but some of them can be rough at times.

It's funny how taking out my GPU has made me rediscover my PC library though. And I'm sure the same will happen when I get a new GPU.
i had something similar happen when my videocard blew up

i played a whole lot of adventure and indie games and stuff

kagamin

Ah I remember Battletech, will be looking forward to hearing more stuff from backers playing the beta since it interested me but I've never really backed any games on any site.

shockdude

DOA5 character models are still top tier huh?
The main thing holding DOA5 back visually is the last-gen lighting. DOA5 models would look really good in an engine with proper physically-based rendering.

I wonder if there's a polycount comparison between DOA5 and Tekken 7.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The main thing holding DOA5 back visually is the last-gen lighting. DOA5 models would look really good in an engine with proper physically-based rendering.

I wonder if there's a polycount comparison between DOA5 and Tekken 7.

Some character data from Dead or Alive 5
Leifang (C8) - 32,497
Kasumi (armored) - 65,303, weapons - 14,046
Mila - 40,398
Pai Chan - 29,379
Ryu Hayabusa - 30,613
Sarah Bryant - 30,411
Tina (swim suit) - 34,804

It will be interesting to see how DOA does on the new engine they are working on. Quite interested to see how they improve things with the new tech.

EDIT: Lets take FF models polycount for modern tech poly count
100,000 per character (max). Hair = 20,000 polygons and 5 million for environment

zkylon

zkylewd
2DllmYa.png

ok i persevered and got through that first ringed city area

for some reason the game wasn't chugging this time, so it was a lot less frustrating to go through. it still crashed once but w/e, less than last time

with the game performing better, it was a little easier to figure out the level's gimmick, which isn't original or fun or interesting, but mostly painless after you deal with it. nothing much of note in this section, not pretty to look at and not very interesting either, so the terrible gameplay just doesn't really have any payoff

the boss fight is also not very interesting, i'm not good at this game and it only took me two tries and i can't really say much about it other than it was underwhelming

new area also seems to have a really annoying gimmick so i'm really not feeling this dlc

kinda sucks cos the settings sounds really interesting but the gameplay has been really unfun

shockdude

Some character data from Dead or Alive 5
Leifang (C8) - 32,497
Kasumi (armored) - 65,303, weapons - 14,046
Mila - 40,398
Pai Chan - 29,379
Ryu Hayabusa - 30,613
Sarah Bryant - 30,411
Tina (swim suit) - 34,804

It will be interesting to see how DOA does on the new engine they are working on. Quite interested to see how they improve things with the new tech.

EDIT: Lets take FF models polycount for modern tech poly count
100,000 per character (max). Hair = 20,000 polygons and 5 million for environment
Oh cool, thanks for the info.

Though imo FF (XV?) polycounts aren't a good comparison metric for modern fighting games since modern FF targets 30FPS rather than 60FPS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if one was to replay DS3, where does the DLC fit in? Should you still do it after you finish the game, but before ng+?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh cool, thanks for the info.

Though imo FF (XV?) polycounts aren't a good comparison metric for modern fighting games since modern FF targets 30FPS rather than 60FPS.

Well remember not to expect the world to be as big as FF so the character poly count should be fine. The stages will be certainly way smaller than that.

2DllmYa.png

ok i persevered and got through that first ringed city area

for some reason the game wasn't chugging this time, so it was a lot less frustrating to go through. it still crashed once but w/e, less than last time

with the game performing better, it was a little easier to figure out the level's gimmick, which isn't original or fun or interesting, but mostly painless after you deal with it. nothing much of note in this section, not pretty to look at and not very interesting either, so the terrible gameplay just doesn't really have any payoff

the boss fight is also not very interesting, i'm not good at this game and it only took me two tries and i can't really say much about it other than it was underwhelming

new area also seems to have a really annoying gimmick so i'm really not feeling this dlc

kinda sucks cos the settings sounds really interesting but the gameplay has been really unfun
What is that on your character's head? New helmet, or anime hair mod?

bbd23

I just downloaded Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and installed the unofficial patch. going to be my weekend game...is it really that good yall?

PaulSane

It's been a while. I've finally returned home from my two months long trip abroad, and i really have a lot of catching up to do on the gaming front. Seeing that summer sale draws near, i guess i shouldn't be buying many new games yet, which shouldn't really present a problem since my backlog is big enough as is.

I've also begun the process of upgrading my PC, starting with getting a GTX 1080 card. I don't have a lot of games i can really test it on at the moment, so far i can only say that Atelier Firis finally runs at 60fps, and not 30-40fps it was running at on my old GTX 750 :) I'm probably getting another 8GB of ram next, but that might be all for now.
Sadly, i've missed that 25% off deal on Bayonetta+Vanquish, and Nier cards don't cost as much as they were around launch which would help recoup a big portion of the otherwise quite steep price, so it's hard for me to justify buying those outside of a sale.
I already bought Trails 3rd on launch with the remainder of my steam wallet money. I'm probably also getting the new Nep game too - those tend to pay for themselves with card money if purchased around launch, so it's hard to say no to that. There were several other "small" titles i had on my wishlist that released in these past two months, but once again, i will wait for a sale now.

During my trip, i managed to finish Trails FC and get some of SC done too, such great games! I guess it's time to find out how far can i push FPS in SC with a 1080 :p

zkylon

zkylewd
if one was to replay DS3, where does the DLC fit in? Should you still do it after you finish the game, but before ng+?
that's what i'm doing atm (sl 85~), finding it about the right amount of difficult. haven't beaten the final boss cos i don't know if that locks you out of the game

the game recommends getting into these areas by the time you reach lothric castle but it's kinda weird, ariandel gives such trash loot that i feel like you're meant to visit it much earlier, like before irythill or something, tho i think there's some special dialogue if you do you know what in irythill

ringed city feels like you should wait for the very end cos they like amped all the enemy dmg numbers so it feels kind of artificially difficult. the boss also took a TON of hits to go down, tho my build is fairly low dmg (i think i have like 18/16 str/dex?)

What is that on your character's head? New helmet, or anime hair mod?
nameless king's crown

317B72471E1812106781B4A41242EEF6CAC54622

i like how it looks when my character is all hollowed up

like she's the zombie queen

kionedrik

I just downloaded Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and installed the unofficial patch. going to be my weekend game...is it really that good yall?

If Deus Ex didn't exist it would be the best first person RPG ever made even though it has some glaring faults, especially in the last fifth/ last dungeon.

Just a few tips:
- Don't install the hotel mission skipping mod;
- Play as a Malkavian for extra dialogue options and greatness.

Braag

For some reason steam decided to reset my Tekken 7 download. I was at 30gb only had 6gb left.
Decided to download the rest of it today as it was getting late. Now though it started the entire thing from the beginning. This has never happened before and I kinda can't be bothered to download the entire thing again.
I guess there's no way to remedy this?
I went to "downloading" folder which is under steam and there's 57gb worth of tekken files...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/785163209656991624/317B72471E1812106781B4A41242EEF6CAC54622/[/IMG]

i like how it looks when my character is all hollowed up

like she's the zombie queen

Oh wow, didn't recognise it from the back.

I love Dark Souls' loot; it's all about the fashion souls. My DS2 run would've felt entirely different without Lucatiel's Mask.

PaulSane

- Play as a Malkavian for extra dialogue options and greatness.

I second this, but choosing Malkavian on the first palythrough might not be advisable
since Malkavian dialogue spoils some things ahead of time, and it is also much easier to parse some of the gibberish your character says on later playthroughs, at least in my experience :p

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (impliedsignificance, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Agent Awesome -- MB-8DA0DF2C2A1480FB - Taken by Camel Master. 1 entrants total.

t1496908991z1.png
A game.

Arminsc

For some reason steam decided to reset my Tekken 7 download. I was at 30gb only had 6gb left.
Decided to download the rest of it today as it was getting late. Now though it started the entire thing from the beginning. This has never happened before and I kinda can't be bothered to download the entire thing again.
I guess there's no way to remedy this?
I went to "downloading" folder which is under steam and there's 57gb worth of tekken files...

That happens when a patch is released while you are downloading it iirc. Such an annoying thing for people with slow connection :(

Bluth54

They are tho?

The Walking Dead
Owners: 2,235,521 ± 45,999

The Wolf Among Us
Owners: 987,291 ± 30,616

The Walking Dead: Season 2
Players total: 808,439 ± 27,711 (65.58%)

Tales from the Borderlands
Owners: 629,836 ± 24,464

Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
Owners: 592,524 ± 23,730

Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
Owners: 222,134 ± 14,536

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
Owners: 169,648 ± 12,704

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (only one episode)
Owners: 25,124 ± 4,889

Keep in mind that these include neither Telltale DRM, console or mobile copies.

The Telltale Batman game is only at just over 150,000 copies sold on Steam despite the strength of the Batman IP. All of the mainline Arkham games have more than a million copies sold on Steam (with Arkham City sitting at close to 3.5 million copies).

I think people may just be getting tired of Telltale games formula because IPs like Batman and Guardians should be selling a lot more than they do now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily -- MB-2BC7754EAD04705F - Taken by kionedrik
Grim Legends 3: The Dark City -- MB-8E4D9BAFBA1FE967 - Taken by voodooray
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call -- MB-A28D4C355DAE37DF - Taken by fuzzy123
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones -- MB-6E65168A6F5065DC - Taken by Orgen
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-905538D02CE47B31 - Taken by Anteater
Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness -- MB-AFDB87546E60DDEB - Taken by InquisitorAles
The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent -- MB-3173BD82CA391FDB - Taken by Hakkelus
Sky Break -- MB-BEE28DBD20B9BE66 - Taken by MaxiLive
The Guard of Dungeon -- MB-5B5AA04EC2B1886F - Taken by Sarcasm

Dawn of War 3 is so controversial game. It feels extremely cheap, i already forgot campaign and most of multiplayer matches plays really bad. Only 4 maps for 3vs3 is a joke, escalation phases are unbalanced, in first 10 minutes there is always not enough resources and otherwise, in last phases there is so much resources, there is no time to use them all properly. But sometimes matchmaking works you get equal teams, and in those rare moments this game is really awesome.
Again, it's like 1 great match on every 5 really bad and boring matches. At least there is no penalty for leaving match earlier so i can leave as soon as i see that my team is dumb or enemies are too powerful. Still don't understand how some people are able to create huge armies in first minutes of the game even with less captured resource points.

Tizoc

The Telltale Batman game is only at just over 150,000 copies sold on Steam despite the strength of the Batman IP. All of the mainline Arkham games have more than a million copies sold on Steam (with Arkham City sitting at close to 3.5 million copies).

I think people may just be getting tired of Telltale games formula because IPs like Batman and Guardians should be selling a lot more than they do now.
It also has to do with how janky their games are, but even then their writing makes up for it and even with the outdated engine, most rigs should be able to run the games smoothly.
One major reason is that they fould be waiting for the games to go for sub $10, i am in that group for one thing :p

Ascheroth

I'm currently debating whether Square Enix (japanese side) or Koei Tecmo have worse PC support. ...I can't come to a definite consensus, which is kinda sad.

Koei Tecmo:
+ Bring over nearly everything
+ More and more simultaneous releases
- port quality is a lottery and at best is 'decent'
- sometimes sneak in lower quality assets in the port for reasons unknown
- essentially non-existent post-launch support
- 60$ pricing and bad discounts

Square Enix
+ pricing for their late releases is fine
~ usually serviceable port quality, or, at least they get better each time...
- simultaneous releases are the exception, timed exclusivity the norm (but no one knows for sure, so game status is always in limbo)
- at best non-existent marketing for the PC versions, at worst dumb fuckery á la Nier

Tizoc

I'm currently debating whether Square Enix (japanese side) or Koei Tecmo have worse PC support. ...I can't come to a definite consensus, which is kinda sad.

Koei Tecmo:
+ Bring over nearly everything
+ More and more simultaneous releases
- port quality is a lottery and at best is 'decent'
- sometimes sneak in lower quality assets in the port for reasons unknown
- 60$ pricing and bad discounts

Square Enix
+ pricing for their late releases is fine
~ usually serviceable port quality, or, at least they get better each time...
- simultaneous releases are the exception, timed exclusivity the norm (but no one knows for sure, so game status is always in limbo)
- at best non-existent marketing for the PC versions, at worst dumb fuckery á la Nier

These 2 need to stop treating PC users as 2nd class citizens.

These 2 need to stop treating PC users as 2nd class citizens.

Wait till some console fanboys come in here and tell you some SteamSpy numbers and say they treat customers like that, because not many PC-Gamers buy them (even though for some series its even bigger or the same as consoles)...

You already had that with Nier. "Around 400k on Steam and 1,5m games sold. That means 1,1 sold on PS4. PC-Gamers dont care!"

fantomena

PUBG is fun and addictive, but performance is shit. With that I mean that Im capable of running the game at ultra settings (motion blur off cause fuck that) with above 60 FPS (I have yet to find any VSYNC settings for some reason), but I have a GTX 1080, 5820k 4 GHz OC'd and 32 GB RAM. I don't want to think how bad it is for people who has lower specs than that and I see that in the Steam ratings, bad performance seems to have the most negative reviews.

Which reminds me while Im typing this comment that I should download ARK again to check out the performance there.

Blame moneyhats in the case of SE.

Wait till some console fanboys come in here and tell you some SteamSpy numbers and say they treat customers like that, because not many PC-Gamers buy them (even though for some series its even bigger or the same as consoles)...

You already had that with Nier. "Around 400k on Steam and 1,5m games sold. That means 1,1 sold on PS4. PC-Gamers dont care!"

Insecure people because of "muh exclusive lists :''("
Not only that figure was bullshit, because one was sold directly vs shipped, but the shipped figure also include PC physical. :")
The truth is, if it wasn't profitable, publishers would stop.

kagamin

Square Enix's best PC game is easily FF14, that's not saying much however since it's an MMO though and those usually have a higher standard for PC releases.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Silence of the Sleep -- MB-99BA94CD77304631 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
This Book Is A Dungeon -- MB-AFDA3D8F2844E4E4 - Taken by ThingontheFloor

TWD Season 3 has already outsold Batman. There's just... not much to talk about for the latter, which kills a lot of the buzz.

Like, TellTale's whole thing--stories tailored by your choices, as they say--gets kinda kneecapped when it's set in a very established universe, like Batman's. You know who's going where, so there's no wow factor to consequences. Like TWD, GoT, or even Tales From the Borderlands can surprise you with a death, while Batman is retreating the same ground any Batman fan has seen many times over. There's just nothing exceptional about the story, which is supposed to be the whole draw.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I feel TT lost their edge right after Sam and Max S3. They don't feel like those old adventure games anymore.

I honestly wish we get games like those. No "analog" movement, items that give various reactions with unique dialog, more interaction like having a difference between "hold, observe, talk, etc." and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom