• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So I plan on moving my Steam folder from my old HDD to a new one.
What's the best way to move my folder and still have Steam recognize iton the new HDD?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Weird Steam problem:

I can't access the Steam store page (client/web), it's just not loading (no error code). I can access the steamcommunity pages (forums/profile) though.

+ it depends on the device/browser. For example:
Desktop + Chrome: not loading
Desktop + Opera: not loading
iPad + Safari: not loading
iPad + Chrome: loading
Phone + Chrome: loading
Phone + App: loading

Also some of the Steam icons aren't showing when browsing GAF
RsGfauF.png

Had this problem for a couple of days now, but I haven't changed any router settings, etc. Tried restarting my modem/router and using a different DNS server.

edit: apparently quite a lot of German Steam users have these issues

jediyoshi

So I plan on moving my Steam folder from my old HDD to a new one.
What's the best way to move my folder and still have Steam recognize iton the new HDD?

Move the entire SteamLibrary folder over.

Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder

Parsnip

Is there any reason why certain titles such as mods, betas, free games etc. stay 'bound' to your account and remain in your games list even when not installed, and other similar titles only appear while you've got them installed then go away when deleted.

Alien Swarm and Mare Nostrum are examples of the latter; Darkest Hour and Just Cause 2 Multiplayer are examples of the former.

Anyone else have this? Or is there some setting on my account doing it?

It depends on the app, nothing you can do to affect that afaik. I forget the proper names, JaseC probably knows.

zkylon

zkylewd
LOL, that was my first question.

Never got past the first couple hours of my Deluxe Ed. pre-order copy 'cause the game ran so bad.

So hyped for launch...so let down by the tech issues.
i finished the game and liked it for the most part but the performance is so garbage it really soured my experience with the game

would like to hear it's fixed since i preordered it any everything and that stuff was a complete shit show -__-

Well they're making another game too, that one could be a sequel or something entirely new and think this prequel is not even by the same devs?
yeah i'm not against it, just saying like doing like a the last of us left behind style thing is not very interesting

Hmmm...

83qqer7.png

Chun-lee level of thighs.

ejg0Utd.png
indivisible looks so good

dex3108

Steam In-Home Streaming is coming to Samsung TVs

Samsung is adding Steam Link functionality directly to their latest line of Smart TVs.
If you are in the United States and have a 2016 or 2017 Samsung UHD TV, we'd like to invite you to help test the Steam Link App, now available as a free beta from the Samsung Smart Hub.

The App uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing users to play their favorite games, and even spectate VR games on the HTC Vive, wherever they watch TV.

During the beta, playback of 1080p video at 60 FPS and support for the Steam Controller are included. For worldwide release later this summer, support for streaming 4K resolutions and additional controllers will be added.

Note: Streaming to the TV requires a Steam Controller and a high-quality network, at least 5GHz. A wired network is strongly recommended.

Please let us know how this is working for you and post feedback and questions on the Steam Link discussion forum:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/discussions/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream#announcements/detail/1326721370061177145

Nabs

It's exactly how it sounds. Steam will notify you when it's your turn. Like when it's your move in Frozen Synapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom