• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
valve developed cs go and doto with source 2 in mind i'm guessing?

so porting those at least shouldn't be that far fetched i think

Dota is already being ported, and they've stated it'd be released within the first half of this year, which is coo'.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
the deluxe edition or whatever comes with it

actually - it doesn't

The Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition includes the Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number Remix EP featuring six remixed tracks from M|O|O|N, Scattle, and Carpenter Brut.

Please note that the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition does not include the full soundtrack.

Wow, indeed.

For some reason it reminds me of when Blizzard doubled WC3's custom map filesize limit, from 4MB to 8MB. Probably saved DotA's bacon, because they were getting near the cap by that point.

I thought people said the Workshop only supports up to 200MB universally? So, I guess this was dev decided or Valve removed the limit?

I guess it came from both. Valve's been busy these days and this is probably one of their goal, as Skyrim is still one of the most played game on Steam.
Finally say goodbye to nexus Skyrim?

it's weird how much i love beth's modding policies but how much i hate their actual games

Well, yeah.
I love modding their games, but I rarely finish them. Mods are what made their games shine.

I really wonder how many of console-only fans that will buy an overprized Steam-machine for 1000-1500$ will complain after two years

"I can not play any game on high anymore. But you told me that I will be able to play for 6 years with it! PC sucks!"

wilflare

okie guys, just a question

with things like Steam Streaming, etc - what's the relevance of specialized devices like Elgato, etc?

baterism

I really wonder how many of console-only fans that will buy an overprized Steam-machine for 1000-1500$ will complain after two years

"I can not play any game on high anymore. But you told me that I will be able to play for 6 years with it! PC sucks!"

Well, if $500 Steam Machine is really better than current-gen console, they definitely will okay for more than 2 years. Except if they complain because it doesn't show "high" rather than "ultra" or "hyper" or whatever gaming will come in the future.

Nvidia GDC, soon. C'mon, Nvidia, show us real portable PC. If SteamLink is for VitaTV, show us what for Vita!

Well, if $500 Steam Machine is really better than current-gen console, they definitely will okay for more than 2 years. Except if they complain because it doesn't show "high" rather than "ultra" or "hyper" or whatever gaming will come in the future.

Nvidia GDC, soon. C'mon, Nvidia, show us real portable PC. If SteamLink is for VitaTV, show us what for Vita!

I am just judging that from my experience before. People bought high-end PCs in 2004/2005 and were complaining in 2007 that Crysis wont run with the highest settings.

The GPU market on PC doesnt have as big cycles as consoles, so I would still say you have to upgrade after 3 years, if you still want (AAA) games to look beautiful. I am sure that the people who have/had a Titan were kinda mad when the 970/980 was announced.

zychi

Banned
any good deals on h1z1? steam and the add-on i have on chrome from a gaffer just list 19.99 as the lowest its been. trying to buy a copy for my buddy and dont want to use a grey market site

I am just judging that from my experience before. People bought high-end PCs in 2004/2005 and were complaining in 2007 that Crysis wont run with the highest settings.

The GPU market on PC doesnt have as big cycles as consoles, so I would still say you have to upgrade after 3 years, if you still want (AAA) games to look beautiful. I am sure that the people who have/had a Titan were kinda mad when the 970/980 was announced.

i disagree with this. i can run 99% of games at 1080/60fps with my 7970 currently. the only issue i have with pc gaming is the idea that "high-end" means to has to max out on whatever was just released. just because theres a 4k monitor out there, doesn't mean that's high-end gaming. it's the very far end of a spectrum of very high end gaming.

zkylon

zkylewd
actually - it doesn't
oh, dang

now that i think about it, iirc hotline miami 1 didn't have the ost on sale until much later on

Well, yeah.
I love modding their games, but I rarely finish them. Mods are what made their games shine.
i appreciate how moddable their games are, i just wish the base game was any good in the sort of ways that can't be modded (as in have good mechanics/story)

like, it's easy to mod new maps and weapons and monsters and shit

i never seen any mod fix the massive combat issues that skyrim has

i disagree with this. i can run 99% of games at 1080/60fps with my 7970 currently. the only issue i have with pc gaming is the idea that "high-end" means to has to max out on whatever was just released. just because theres a 4k monitor out there, doesn't mean that's high-end gaming. it's the very far end of a spectrum of very high end gaming.

I can see that. I am just talking about the ordinary console-gamer in general. Often they complain 2-3 years after they bought a gaming PC that nothing runs on Ultra anymore, games not working etc.
"But I could play Skyrim on Ultra in 1080p/60fps 2 years ago. Why do I have to buy a new GPU to play Witcher 3 on Ultra then?"

baterism

Yeah, it will be that agony for not on the top that will be a problem. It could run on 4k, but some people will still angry because there are other stuffs that run on 8k. They need paradigm-shift ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Teggy

How is it that there is no explanation for the stats in the Neptunia manual or in the in-game help? Do they just not matter much?

zychi

Banned
I can see that. I am just talking about the ordinary console-gamer in general. Often they complain 2-3 years after they bought a gaming PC that nothing runs on Ultra anymore, games not working etc.
"But I could play Skyrim on Ultra in 1080p/60fps 2 years ago. Why do I have to buy a new GPU to play Witcher 3 on Ultra then?"

Well, console gamers also think that the 360 was an HD console. Their opinions on stuff like that mean diddly.

Salsa

I figured id finish LA Noire after like 3 years as evil within downloads and of course my save file is gone

Salsa

Yeah, I forgot it wasn't Steam Cloud and I had a similar rude awakening recently (though I finished the game when I first played it).

I dont think I ever uninstalled it or anything

then again I just checked and its been 4 years since I played, not 3

sucks I was about to finish it... i think

I actually liked the game. if it wasnt for the fact that I apparently played for 20 hours id start from the beggining I think... I mean, 4 years

Well, I'm downloading the Evil Within demo. Let's see how many chapters of thiaf I can get through during this time.

The sooner I beat thiaf the quicker I can uninstall it and forget I ever played it.

jediyoshi

Frozen Cortex summed up

ol7H4Dp.png

fallout

It's weird to me that people are so excited for Source 2 without really knowing what it is. Valve has been iterating on the original Source engine for years and I'm not entirely sure what a new version will immediately bring. My guess is not a heck of a lot for now.

That said, it's definitely good news for devs out there, which should translate into good stuff for us.

Turfster

#MadeToGame
Watched the entire conference, total waste of time.

But you can have a handheld TV that's the size and weight of an OG XBox!
John Walker's tweets about it were the best thing to come out of it.
"They are now demonstrating how well Android's voice recognition doesn't work. A TV that doesn't understand you, in shops soon!"
"People are applauding the existence of a remote. These are your fellow humans."
"Nvidia have just invented streaming videogames directly to your TV!"

Edit: Damn, I gotta get myself a Shield so I can play Residence(sic) Evil and Doom3.
Wonder if they're going to get Silence Hill too.

Grief.exe

I've been playing around with Linux the past week, it's been a good learning experience. I'm looking forward to trying out Cities: Skylines and Hotline Miami 2 through the OS.

There are some minimal setups that I have my eye on attempting to set up.

iMnFvrx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom