• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

I've been playing around with Linux the past week, it's been a good learning experience. I'm looking forward to trying out Cities: Skylines and Hotline Miami 2 through the OS.

There are some minimal setups that I have my eye on attempting to set up.

iMnFvrx.png

Just tried Linux Mint as well the last few days and it's pretty smooth experience overall. Copy pasting stuff from the internet to the terminal makes it really easy even if you don't know what you're doing.
Not the right way of doing it I know, but haven't got a lot of time to learn the basics for now.

Tried Nuclear Throne, Isaac Rebirth, Transistor, Teslagrad, Metro 2033 Redux. All of those games works just fine. Only snag is the nonstop flashing home button on my wireless xbox controller. I know there's xboxdrv but eh.

Bioshock Infinite was a boring game with pretty corridors. That is the best description I can give about it.

Kinda like how DoA is a boring game with sexy characters?

I'll 1v1 anybody that says BioShock was "boring."

(I kid about DoA. Both are great games, but calling BioShock just a pretty corridor game is disingenuous and a straight up falsehood)

I'm watching videos of Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and every single jump scare gets me. That didn't happen when I was watching the first two.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

(I kid about DoA. Both are great games, but calling BioShock just a pretty corridor game is disingenuous and a straight up falsehood)

Okay pretty boxed rooms.

Matchew

I bought Max Payne 3 on Amazon and when I go to redeem the code in Steam it says invalid code. What should I do?

Okay pretty boxed rooms.

WIfKJ4s.gif

Nvidia's version of history is... amazing.

It's pretty obvious they were just trying to get all the big names in. 30 years, the top 3 companies, 1 of each brand for a decade. I mean, the slide itself is dumb and pointless (arguably, so was most of the presentation...) but it's not like they were trying to present these as the only gaming machines ever or anything. Just a simple, minimalist slide, acknowledging the competition over the years.

Turfster

It's pretty obvious they were just trying to get all the big names in. 30 years, the top 3 companies, 1 of each brand for a decade. I mean, the slide itself is dumb and pointless (arguably, so was most of the presentation...) but it's not like they were trying to present these as the only gaming machines ever or anything. Just a simple, minimalist slide, acknowledging the competition over the years.

The PS2 was 2000s.
Also, they call themselves the first Android TV console.
*coughya*

ExoSoul

Banned
OT but do you guys find it funny when words mean something completely different in other languages?
Ex: outros (as in intros and outros) is the exact word for the male of "others" in Portuguese.

Turfster

Good. Now to wait for the base game to reach $4.99 (possibly again if I missed it before).

All of BioInf is 75% off, not just the Season pass.
Of course, that brings the base game down to 7.5$, but I don't really see it going much lower.
(Without some nuuvem-like shenanigans)

shouldnt Lightning Returns come out soon? Seems the Gamestar rumor was wrong for last month, but this month is the last month of S-E release plan, right?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
All of BioInf is 75% off, not just the Season pass.
Of course, that brings the base game down to 7.5$, but I don't really see it going much lower.
(Without some nuuvem-like shenanigans)

I saw that too, but I'll still wait.

Just give it another year, you'll see!

Besides, I still haven't played Bioshock 2 or Minerva's Den yet.

Grief.exe

I bought Max Payne 3 on Amazon and when I go to redeem the code in Steam it says invalid code. What should I do?

Rockstar doesn't distribute Steam keys, though Amazon used to have separate keys for Steam.

So is it ok to buy Resident Evil 5 or what.

did they ever remove gfwl from RE5?

Getting close to a Steamworks release.

I saw that too, but I'll still wait.

Just give it another year, you'll see!

Besides, I still haven't played Bioshock 2 or Minerva's Den yet.

Play BioShock 2 and Minerva's Den first, technically Infinite has the worst gameplay of the series.

zkylon

zkylewd

yea, combat wasn't much fun but bio was anything but boring

that story and all that craziness so much fun

shouldnt Lightning Returns come out soon? Seems the Gamestar rumor was wrong for last month, but this month is the last month of S-E release plan, right?

I am eagerly waiting for the announcement as well. End of March is my guess at this point.
Stopped playing XIII at chapter 11 and haven't touched XIII-2, but I'm interested in LR. I guess I might have to continue my journey on XIII.

Deadbeat

Banned
Steamworks version was supposed to go live yesterday, but Microsoft cockblocked Capcom in the last moment.
So should I buy it now or wait? I dont want it to have a further price drop or some DLC to be included in the main purchase after I buy it or something.

Miguel81

Can't wait till I get my paws around that Steam controller. November is still a long ways off :(
I hope it takes AA batteries(Eneloops ftw). After suffering with the DS4's pitiful battery life, being able to change them out would be a blessing.

Miguel81

I'd love to have that MGS Legacy collection on Steam just so I could go through the series again, as I am currently without a PS3. Really in need of a refresher before TPP.

Miguel81

HD Collection maybe, Legacy is another thing, since MGSIV is a PS3 esclusive, so if a port will ever happen, we'll see a major announcement, since they will release it on One and PS4 for sure.
Also I wonder how big can MGSIV be with higher textures, since the game is already 50 GB on PS3 :D

I'm not a big fan of 4, but it's an important part of the series. Not having it made available would be a big downer. PS4/XBO/Steam would make sense, since that's how things go with releases nowadays.

The PS3 loading sections were ridiculously long(have they fixed that?), but I don't mind the size as the audio is some of the best I've ever heard. It takes advantage of surround sound something fierce.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The current is the Legacy (I mean, the last one released).
Konami can of course do a "fast port" like SE did for FFXIII titles, but I won't bet on this. No way the will focus so much on PC gaming by creating a PC-Only version of HD But we'll see.

Again, I was referring to the current HD Collection by its name (hence the HD Collection and the capitalisation when referring to it), and there is only one. If I meant the Legacy Collection, I would have said "Legacy Collection", plus I didn't say a port in the here-and-now would be exclusive to the PC (although that being said I wouldn't be completely surprised it if were).

zychi

Banned
what was the 1984 thing for mgs v? 1/9 is obv september 1st, but whats the 84? 84 years until 2100?
Again, I was referring to the current HD Collection by its name (hence the HD Collection and the capitalisation when referring to it), and there is only one. If I meant the Legacy Collection, I would have said "Legacy Collection", plus I didn't say a port in the here-and-now would be exclusive to the PC (although that being said I wouldn't be completely surprised it if were).

if kojima made an hd collection for pc, i could pretty much get rid of my ps3. the only games id keep it for our uncharted 1-3, and theres a rumor that they are supposedly being remade for ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom