• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Okay pretty boxed rooms.
Very pretty ones. And I don't see anything wrong with that.
The DLC's level-design goes a bit in the direction of Bio 1, by the way. Central hub, optional directions. Lot's of hidden stuff. Especially in the second chapter.
Damn it. If I could just have waited a couple more day's...
Ah well, almost finished them anyway. Totally worth it.

Every piece of entertainment that opens with a Johnny Mathis song is okay in my book.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
669EBDA9194C4DA9A65B1063069E35F66D0EB544

Finally wrapped up DreadOut. It's possibly one of the most PS2-era things I have played since that generation died out, for all the positives and negatives that entails. I think the best praise I can give it at the moment while I sort my thoughts out for a longer, more thorough review, is this: It left me wanting more. And I might even go back for a replay, as there appears to be quite a bit of side-spooks I missed.

Milamber

You'd never see me touching horror games. I can't understand the appeal.

"Why yes, I would love to stain my boxers with my own feces, thank you."

Shadownet

Banned

I can think of the same argument with hentai, erotic games. ;D

"Why yes, I would love to stain my boxers with my own cum, thank you."

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

It's exposure training so you'll be prepared for the real thing.

...Ditto?

zkylon

zkylewd

just take off your underwear and problem solved

669EBDA9194C4DA9A65B1063069E35F66D0EB544

Finally wrapped up DreadOut. It's possibly one of the most PS2-era things I have played since that generation died out, for all the positives and negatives that entails. I think the best praise I can give it at the moment while I sort my thoughts out for a longer, more thorough review, is this: It left me wanting more. And I might even go back for a replay, as there appears to be quite a bit of side-spooks I missed.
ps2-ness is something that instantly attracts me for some reason

i guess it's why i like wii graphics more than i like ps3 ones, i just find ultra realism to be not necessarily too much fun while something more blocky and mostly texture-based reminds me of games i really liked and instantly grabs my attention

it's actually one of the reasons i liked brutal legend so much when it released, something about the detached camera, the choppy animations and simplistic open world just reminded me of ps2 games, and i say all of this as a compliment

Shadownet

Banned
So play your horror games in the toilet and play your hentai games in your SO.

Got it.
Well there you go kids, we all learned something today.

Today lesson was bought to you by Sesame Street.

The special number of the day is 3 and the letter is V.

Miguel81

Love that feeling of tension and anxiety that some horror games provide. After one to many you become rather numb, which is what happened in my case. Still, some sections like Toluca Prison in Silent Hill 2 shock the hell out of me.

Shadownet

Banned
This show was brought to you by the Center for Steam Broadcasting, and by Viewers Like You.
Lol my man. I was going go do PBS, but I thought that might be too obscured cause its just an American thing.

Everyone know what Sesame Street is... But then again from my conversation earlier with zkylon, she didn't know who Dr.Seuss or what Green Egg and Ham was.

zkylon

zkylewd
My dear, it stand for significant other.

As in, zkylon, you're my significant other.
-__-

Love that feeling of tension and anxiety that some horror games provide. After one to many you become rather numb, which is what happened in my case. Still, some sections like Toluca Prison in Silent Hill 2 shock the hell out of me.
i shriek every 5 minutes at pretty much every horror game so i play all of them with like lights on and low volume and maybe windowed or something lol

i like feeling uneasy or tense or disgusted or whatever, but i don't like jumpscares, which is kind of the fun of horror games since that's what puts you edge for everything to be more affecting i guess

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's exposure training so you'll be prepared for the real thing.

EDIT: Heh.

EDIT: Wait...

EDIT: Awww.

Heh.

ps2-ness is something that instantly attracts me for some reason

i guess it's why i like wii graphics more than i like ps3 ones, i just find ultra realism to be not necessarily too much fun while something more blocky and mostly texture-based reminds me of games i really liked and instantly grabs my attention

it's actually one of the reasons i liked brutal legend so much when it released, something about the detached camera, the choppy animations and simplistic open world just reminded me of ps2 games, and i say all of this as a compliment

Right? Just moving the camera around and the way the assets were simple but detailed in their own way pulled me back to the days of leaning back in the pitch black at night with a few hours til school, red-eyed, trying to push through whatever game I had spinning in the console at the time. It was unreal to feel such strong nostalgia for something that didn't exist back then.

My dear, it stand for significant other.

As in, zkylon, you're my significant other.

Um.

Excuse me.

Zky-zky is mine?

Lol my man. I was going go do PBS, but I thought that might be too obscured cause its just an American thing.

Everyone know what Sesame Street is... But then again from my conversation earlier with zkylon, she didn't know who Dr.Seuss or what Green Egg and Ham was.

We get WNED Buffalo up here in Ontario. An essential part of my childhood. Couldn't resist a reference.

Also, witness one of the best promos PBS ever put out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtE2hfoRaE8

zkylon

zkylewd
Right? Just moving the camera around and the way the assets were simple but detailed in their own way pulled me back to the days of leaning back in the pitch black at night with a few hours til school, red-eyed, trying to push through whatever game I had spinning in the console at the time. It was unreal to feel such strong nostalgia for something that didn't exist back then.
yeah, i feel the same way

i mean i'm of the belief that graphics reached the point where i don't care anymore like ten years ago, so really while i can admire how pretty witcha 3 will look (on computers other than mine lol) i just don't care, specially since not much has been pushed forward as aggressively as graphics have

like seriously silent hill 4 or metal gear 3 or ff12, those games looked amazing

i would be done with graphics like that for life

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This tweet from a couple of days ago suggests there may be an eleventh-hour pre-purchase period for Ori (people can't pre-load without a pre-prelease purchase option, after all).

Arthea

so I assume MrOrange Box 2 was announced?
I kid, I kid

about source 2.0 being free. like completely free, for all?

zkylon

zkylewd
does anyone know how to switch to my onboard videocard

i just realized i could use that lol

I kid, I kid

current trend on engines is subscription fee + royalties, just royalties or in the case of unity no royalties at all and either 100% free (a bit limited but pretty good) or 1500usd or monthly fee for the whole package

cryengine also has a similar model and i'm hoping some day the entire gamemaker suite won't cost me the 500 usd i don't have

JaseC

I kid, I kid

I wouldn't say completely free as there'll probably be a small catch for commercial products as there is with UE4:

How much do I have to pay for Unreal Engine 4?
UE4 is free to use, with a 5% royalty on gross product revenue after the first $3,000 per game per calendar quarter from commercial products. Read the EULA FAQ for more details.

...and Unity (sort of):

Unity Personal (including the iOS and Android platform deployment options) may not be used by:

1) a Commercial Entity that has either: (a) reached annual gross revenues in excess of US$100,000, or (b) raised funds (including but not limited to crowdfunding) in excess of US$100,000, in each case during the most recently completed fiscal year;
2) a Non-Commercial Entity with a total annual budget in excess of US$100,000 (for the entire Non-Commercial Entity (not just a department)) for the most recently completed fiscal year; or
3) an individual (not acting on behalf of a Legal Entity) or a Sole Proprietor that has reached annual gross revenues in excess of US$100,000 from its use of the Software during the most recently completed fiscal year, which does not include any income earned by that individual which is unrelated to its use of the Software.

JaseC

Opened a Blobs from Space booster and got a foil. Must be my lucky day... putting aside the fact it's worth just 14c.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'd guess the caveat in the Source 2 usage is that any game you make has to release on Steam and Valve gets their cut there. With a push for user created content ala TF2/CSGO.

That doesn't really seem to cover usage if you make something for consoles though.

Monooboe

Opened a Blobs from Space booster and got a foil. Must be my lucky day... putting aside the fact it's worth just 14c.

I haven't gotten a foil since winter sale. I've almost started to believe the next boosterpack will be full of them.:D

JaseC

Yeah, but there's no sense on doing that.
MGSIV is a huge part of the saga, the (proper) ending. Make a collection and leaving it out it would be very stupid (because if Konami will port HD on PC, MGSIV would be the only title missing...IF they release MGS1 too, since they didn't on 360).

Otherwise, they CAN do a Big Boss Collection with Snake Eater and Peace Walker, but it would be stupid too (where's the point on leaving out MGS2 if you are doing the port)?

The sense is "Porting a game from the X360 to the PC is quite easy and given the performance of Rising and Ground Zeroes it is clear PC gamers would like to see more Metal Gear games on the platform."

Arthea

With this new "free" engines trend, do these still have commercial versions for sale, or only "catches".

For the longest time I was seeing "IRISHPHONE" ...

what do you mean? It is IRISHPHONE!

edited:
and getting back to talk we haven't finished in previous now locked thread
does coop in Double Dragon Neon work or not?
Because reports are rather conflicting.

JaseC

I have to agree with Punished, I think that there's more interest in seeing Platinum released on PC than Metal Gear titles.

Fine, let's assume that's the case and cross it off. My point still stands -- porting the HD Collection isn't a pointless move just because it's not all-encompassing.

yuraya

If a 4 man team @ Sega can do make an excellent port of a ps3 exclusive like VC to PC..than I don't see why Kojima and his crew wouldn't do the same with MGS4.

Sony will end support for the PS3 any day now. Konami won't let their main line game die along with that console. MGS4 will definitely be ported in the future. Their will be a legacy collection for next gen and PC. Konami would be stupid not to do it because its easy money. I don't know if they could do it before the TPP tho. Probably after in 2016 or something.

Arthea

Fine, let's assume that's the case and cross it off. My point still stands -- porting the HD Collection isn't a pointless move just because it's not all-encompassing.

I agree with you here, it's still damn nice collection even if not complete

Something inside me is telling me that there should be a spring sale

gog has you covered, if you can forgo sleep for a time being (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
what i really wish is that konami released all the super old ps1 winning elevens so i can play the japanese only game that my step brother gifted me when i was like 10 years old, which is kind of the reason i have a fleeting interest in soccer every million years

Happy to help.
yea, this kind of saves my life, thanks :>

gotta do the league of legends performance test but just being able to run 1920x1200 and not have any visual artifacts like on my old 7600gt is a blessing, at least until i figure out what the hell i'm gonna do

With this new "free" engines trend, do these still have commercial versions for sale, or only "catches".
they're pretty fair imo, ue charges royalties, cryengine is monthly fee and unity makes you buy a license per user if you're a big company or make a lot of money, but other than that it's free (and limited)

but it's not like construct or gamemaker or even old unity that the free versions are completely useless for making real games. like construct limits the number of objects you can have to 20 i think, it's pretty dumb

anyways i'm making my game in haxe since it's super easy and it's 100% free but definitely worth considering all of these if you're a more savvy developer with higher ambitions than me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom