• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
oetjvf.png

1000% not suspicious at all

Dr Dogg

Ah good to see it's still creepy and freaky in here when I'm not about.

Anywho just finished Ryse (which was an odd struggle seeing as in game time it only took me 5ish hours) and yeah not bad. Not great and certainly lacking in variety but vuury pretty game and the acting was surprisingly top notch. Will defo revisit it to knock out the Legendary playthrough achievement when I get a new GPU or 2. Would give the multi a look in but it seems like it was DOA on PC. When I get 30 mins or so I'll crank out some proper impressions.

Now do I continue this trend of actually finishing games but tucking into what I have left of COD: AW, Alien Iso, AC Unity or The Evil Within or do go back to my old ways of acquiring more?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Anywho just finished Ryse (which was an odd struggle seeing as in game time it only took me 5ish hours) and yeah not bad. Not great and certainly lacking in variety but vuury pretty game and the acting was surprisingly top notch. Will defo revisit it to knock out the Legendary playthrough achievement when I get a new GPU or 2. Would give the multi a look in but it seems like it was DOA on PC. When I get 30 mins or so I'll crank out some proper impressions.

Now do I continue this trend of actually finishing games but tucking into what I have left of COD: AW, Alien Iso, AC Unity or The Evil Within or do go back to my old ways of acquiring more?

ask Jase, he'll know ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Beat and delete. Beat and delete. Beat and delete.

Saw on Facebook that Elder Scrolls Online is getting rid of the monthly fee today. I enjoyed all the previous Elder Scrolls games so I want to give it a try but I will wait for a steam sale, not paying $65 CAD!

derExperte

Both? You can always tab out of games to buy more games. I'm finally tackling my PS3 backlog (doing RDR now) and have a tablet handy to not miss any deals.

Dr Dogg

ask Jase, he'll know ;)

I somehow get the feeling that's only going to lead to one answer :p

Beat and delete. Beat and delete. Beat and delete.

I'm at an all time low (well excluding the first week of a new install) of 41 games installed. Maybe I should have set myself the goal of don't buy anything else until I've only got 5 games installed?

Both? You can always tab out of games to buy more games. I'm finally tackling my PS3 backlog (doing RDR now) and have a tablet handy to not miss any deals.

Well considering I haven't bought a bundle all year I've been doing pretty good on keeping the new games count pretty low. Though speaking of console backlogs, I massively cut mine down... by selling a lot off. Well they were collecting physical dust and taking up space.

lashman

I somehow get the feeling that's only going to lead to one answer :p

you never know ... he might surprise you ;)

I'm at an all time low (well excluding the first week of a new install) of 41 games installed. Maybe I should have set myself the goal of don't buy anything else until I've only got 5 games installed?

why do you keep doing that to yourself? :p do you really hate yourself THAT much? ;)

derExperte

Deleting games is the best. Knowing that you'll never get rid of behemoths like BF4 with their 60GB because what if I want to play a few rounds is the worst.

Well considering I haven't bought a bundle all year I've been doing pretty good on keeping the new games count pretty low. Though speaking of console backlogs, I massively cut mine down... by selling a lot off. Well they were collecting physical dust and taking up space.

I can't do that, most of what I have left on there is digital through PS+ and that will run for another two years. So they're always there. Waiting. Taunting me. But the list is absolutely manageable and since after GTAV my brain is right now used to lastgen graphics, shitty framerates and no image quality whatsoever this might be the time.

Dr Dogg

Oh Advanced Warfare, how I love it that you have to reload your shaders over the teenist change to your graphics settings.

you never know ... he might surprise you ;)

why do you keep doing that to yourself? :p do you really hate yourself THAT much? ;)

Well I suppose it's possible to play 4 AssCrreds this year if you county Unity and Chronicles.

And regards to the new 'goal' well that's easy as all I got to do is delete 36 games if I feel the compulsion to splurge. I'd rather finish them but at least this is more flexible.

lashman

And regards to the new 'goal' well that's easy as all I got to do is delete 36 games if I feel the compulsion to splurge. I'd rather finish them but at least this is more flexible.

it's never that easy ;) but, good luck with that, I suppose ... you're gonna need it :D

Arthea

Talking about backlogs, I finished 22 games this year, still have ~140 that are unfinished on steam (started in different levels of progress) and I haven't even made dent in my PS3 and DS backlog, I'm all but gave up on DS already, that still leaves all Disgaea games on PS3... yeah all (>_>), not mentioning another 20-40 games, I'm too scared to count. Maybe I should sell physical games that I have, but it's so hard to do that with my mindset that I still want to play those, I only need time!

Knurek

Talking about backlogs, I finished 22 games this year, still have ~140 that are unfinished on steam (started in different levels of progress) and I haven't even made dent in my PS3 and DS backlog,

I've smashed through my previous year's record, and finished game #30 on Sunday.
You're well on track to match my 2014 result though, last year I had ~20 finished by that time.

Ouch on that number, I don't start more than 4 games at time - there's just way too many left unfinished when I skip from game to game.

Arthea

Guys, why haven't you talked about this earlier? Or maybe we had

We are top 5 now
http://i.imgur.com/umS23NT.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Ya we talked about it and celebrated some, but with 4th place being so close, there is no time to relax! (><)

[quote="Knurek, post: 156272578"]I've smashed through my previous year's record, and finished game #30 on Sunday.
You're well on track to match my 2014 result though, last year I had ~20 finished by that time.

Ouch on that number, I don't start more than 4 games at time - there's just way too many left unfinished when I skip from game to game.[/QUOTE]

and keep in mind I haven't even mentioned gog.... or other drm free games. (><)
I basically stick mostly with steam games this year because I wanna do that 52 challenge and I have a lot more short games on steam than anywhere else.

You are wise, but it's just not me, I'm used to start any game I buy, what if it's awesome and I can't stop playing?! only steam made me reconsider that, simply because it's impossible.

strafer

I just discovered the magic of Kumquats. They're like grape tomatoes but as oranges. Very tangy, very tasty and you eat them whole (with the peel). Will be perfect for snacking on while continuing my Alien playthrough.

Dude, don't feed the Alien, you're going to loose a hand.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gentlemen! -- MB-818257EC35B021F1 - Taken by Loptous
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-4BE8F60112D2A0C7 - Taken by Se7enSword
spares

Arthea

#4 is an achievement hunter crew. If they get pushed down by a regular crew then they have failed their purpose :)

what we've learned from this endeavour is that steamgaf insists on not playing games, while secretly not only plays a lot but hunts achievements also!
so it's OK, we can stop pretending now ;)

Knurek

what we've learned from this endeavour is that steamgaf insists on not playing games, while secretly not only plays a lot but hunts achievements also!
so it's OK, we can stop pretending now ;)

Or maybe we just mass use SAM (for Playfire credit)... Ever thought about that?

Sendou

Nice!

Activision has announced Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved, a major free title update for last year's arcade shooter that almost doubles the amount of content available in the game.

Due to roll out later this month, the update introduces 40 new stages to the game's Adventure Mode, including new boss battles, 3D grid shapes, gameplay types, a new Sweeper drone and a Detonator super ability, along with a new Hardcore mode that lets players tackle 20 dedicated levels without using a drone or super.

The update will be available as a free download to existing PS4, PS3 and PC Geometry Wars 3 owners from March 31, and Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners on April 1.

Videogamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom