• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So instead of Nintendo clones, I can play the real thing on my smartphone? Cool.

I don't play games on my smartphone.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Even Codename STEAM!

everything ... except The Wheelman ;)

---

FUU567C.jpg

Arthea

Today is Capcpom bundle, finally

I know you think this joke it's getting old, but all major publishers had one (well, not all, most), it's only matter of time until we get this
ya, I'm kidding

Deques

I know you think this joke it's getting old, but all major publishers had one (well, not all, most), it's only matter of time until we get this
ya, I'm kidding

Dead Rising 2 will migrate to Steamworks today. Maybe a Midweek sale of it in Steam?

_hekk05

Banned
Even if that were the case, owning 14% of a company that owned 1% of another is irrelevant. :p

Its not about anything significant in any way.

Its just interesting. Imagine:

Nintendo shareholders meeting. Reggie presenting on stage, Kaz sitting in the back. They give each other passive aggressive greetings near the table of really shitty catered food.

I know it doesn't work like that but I want to laugh dammit

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

ya, I'm kidding

I would be so down for a Capcpom bundle. Everytime they have a sale, I'm all "Ohh 75% off!" before I remember their base prices are still $50, $40 bucks.

I'm pretty sure some Cap CEO would rather eat his own face than sell their old backlog at a nice cheap price though.

Tizoc

Here's how I feel about the NIntendo news
disaster-girl.jpg

Most USGAFfers are asleep at this hour right? Oh the reactions...this is why I take 1 week off from work for E3, hehe.

EDIT: Oh shi
28lrsudw.jpg

Itshappening.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Here to tell you guys Resident Evil Revelations 2 is very good. Reviewing well, being very well received by GAF.

My stance is that it's the most Resident Evil-feeling RE game in a long time, even though I liked RE5, Revelations 1, and RE6 for very different reasons, this game feels more true to form than any of them. Also may have some of the best boss encounters in the series. Haven't played episode 4 yet, but episode 3 had some fun puzzles even. Biggest surprise is lack of ammo in places, the hard difficulty actually being hard, the stupid amount of content and unlockables the game has for its pricetag, and being more atmospheric than any game in the franchise in 10 years.

lashman

Here to tell you guys Resident Evil Revelations 2 is very good. Reviewing well, being very well received by GAF.

My stance is that it's the most Resident Evil-feeling RE game in a long time, even though I liked RE5, Revelations 1, and RE6 for very different reasons, this game feels more true to form than any of them. Also may have some of the best boss encounters in the series. Haven't played episode 4 yet, but episode 3 had some fun puzzles even. Biggest surprise is lack of ammo in places, the hard difficulty actually being hard, the stupid amount of content and unlockables the game has for its pricetag, and being more atmospheric than any game in the franchise in 10 years.

maybe Capcpom finally learned their lesson ;)

Tizoc

Raid is offline co-op right? I'll play it with my brother after he finishes the game.

Copons

I have enough years on my back to be super cold about this kind of gaming industry announcements and shenanigans, but still, having grow up as a Nintendo fanboy (oh god, how cool was console warring against those dumb friends owning a Megadrive?) and now being a full fledged PC gamer, seeing a PC in a Nintendo thing it's all moving my inner depths.

It's kinda cool noticing that Nintendo still can make me have feelings every now and then.

lashman

I have enough years on my back to be super cold about this kind of gaming industry announcements and shenanigans, but still, having grow up as a Nintendo fanboy (oh god, how cool was console warring against those dumb friends owning a Megadrive?) and now being a full fledged PC gamer, seeing a PC in a Nintendo thing it's all moving my inner depths.

It's kinda cool noticing that Nintendo still can make me have feelings every now and then.

... even though you thought you were dead inside ;)

Maybe I'm too tired to fully understand, but does that Nintendo news seem like it's hinting at Nintendo games on PC? Surely not.

think more along the lines of: nintendo-endorsed "free"-to-play browser games

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
maybe Capcpom finally learned their lesson ;)

They have Capcom's B-Team on this game, it shows in some places, such as obviously being some environments being a bit dull looking, it's not quite as polished as other recent RE games. However, they make up for it in execution, and for some reason seem to have a better handling on what RE should be that their A-Team.

There's a lot I want to say about Resident Evil Revelations 2 three episode in right before the fourth hits (and some already played the fourth as the disc release is out), but simply the team has a good handle on pacing, and elements the series has been sorely missing, such as actual limited supplies, slower-paced down-time, puzzles (none are too challenging but they're fun), actually interesting characters and even a more interesting story than the recent entries that ties into the series lore, mixed with some fantastic encounter design in places (boss battles being a stand-out), and a shit-ton of post-game unlockables, and the addicting Raid Mode. Also some creepy moments, though I wouldn't say a scary game outside of the fact a few enemies seem to be too good at silently creeping up on and surprising me at times. I think the villain of Revelations 2 is deliciously creepy though, which is good as she may be the most interesting villain the series has had since the death of Wesker.

Raid is offline co-op right? I'll play it with my brother after he finishes the game.

Campaign and Raid are both offline co-op. Only Raid is online co-op though, though online is coming on the 31st of this month.

Copons

... even though you thought you were dead inside ;)

I'm basically a Jerry Seinfeld kind of no-feelings-person, but every now and then I too get that episode when he suddenly lets out all of his feelings and he's not funny anymore.
Nintendo makes me like this! I'm gonna plug the GC back to the tv because I miss the monkey sound effect of the startup cube if you press Z!

lashman

I'm basically a Jerry Seinfeld kind of no-feelings-person, but every now and then I too get that episode when he suddenly lets out all of his feelings and he's not funny anymore.
Nintendo makes me like this! I'm gonna plug the GC back to the tv because I miss the monkey sound effect of the startup cube if you press Z!

image.php

Figured as much.

yup ... and then there's also this:

aYO0rch.jpg

d87bmIS.jpg

Knurek

ya, I'm kidding

Not a 2k Bundle? I mean, Spec Ops just got a Linux port...

wazoo

To be fair, that just lists announcements, not all game updates, since developers aren't required to provide notes (which is something that ought to be changed). That being said, I assume Capcom will post an announcement when RE5 is patched.

Ok. It will be interesting to see if Dead Rising 2 Steamworks migration is listed there today.

Arthea

So we're not getting Bayonetta 2 on Steam?

it's only matter of time now when Nintendo went mobile, the next step is releasing everything on steam and not making consoles anymore.
that was sarcasm, yes

Don't you think a sequel to him would be a good thing?

about that... are you sure we can handle so many DoA gifs? absolutely sure?

edited: why is the room two not on steam still (._.)
somebody was praising it in 52 games thread, I got all sad that I can't play it

Tizoc

it's only matter of time now when Nintendo went mobile, the next step is releasing everything on steam and not making consoles anymore.
that was sarcasm, yes

about that... are you sure we can handle so many DoA gifs? absolutely sure?

Remaking iOS games takes time *slams hammer on anvil*

Knurek

Devs stated they are not interested in porting the game to Steam, I believe...

Fireproof Games Hi Abdullatif, we don't have any plans for The Room Two on PC at the moment, we're busy enough making The Room Three & Omega Agent! If things change we'll post here to let everyone know.

Arthea

Devs stated they are not interested in porting the game to Steam, I believe...

noooooooooooooo.jpg

edited: you mean I bought my 20 copies of first game for nothing?!
that's so mean (._.)

edit2: I probably should contact devs and convince them otherwise. Now only to find out how

Tizoc

noooooooooooooo.jpg

edited: you mean I bought my 20 copies of first game for nothing?!
that's so mean (._.)

edit2: I probably should contact devs and convince them otherwise. Now only to find out how

We'll get Bayo 1 on Steam at least, Bayo 2, maybe in the future. Either way, you want more people to experience your game, don't be a stubborn egghead and just put it on Steam so that Jase has his +2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom