• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah ... could be just another Kojima-troll ... wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be one

given that he's being removed as an executive at konami, i doubt it. You don't make those changes for shits and giggles because you have to answer to shareholders for making such decisions. And lying to shareholders is a terrific way to lose your job and get yourself a nice lawsuit in the process.

given that he's being removed as an executive at konami, i doubt it. You don't make those changes for shits and giggles because you have to answer to shareholders for making such decisions. And lying to shareholders is a terrific way to lose your job and get yourself a nice lawsuit in the process.

Yeah I was thinking of a possible stunt but this seems too big.

Lomax

IndieGameStand's daily deal is Boot Hill Heroes PWYW (1$ min for Steam key)

Boot Hill Heroes is pretty great and well worth the $1. Just be aware that towards the end it has a couple of fights that are pretty RNG-tastic which may take a few attempts to get through.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Non-Steam news: More LucasArts game on GOG, including Outlaws and Zak McKracken.

Nice, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb was still pretty dope when I went back to it a couple years ago. Had zero issues on my modern setup either. IIRC, I just set up a Joy2Key config for my 360 pad and I was good to go. Downsampled + SGSSAA shots I took (4:3 since no 16:9 support):

iOu5SDnVNzvzU.png

ivViNP1dho9vK.png

ibgPAlHluAHPqP.png

I'll rebuy it if Disney bothers to put it on Steam since I can't imagine this "rerelease" being screwed up.

baterism

Shareholders' reaction when it indeed a prank.

Kojima going freelance doesn't sound that bad actually. Sakurai still work on smash after all.

chronomac

Nice, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb was still pretty dope when I went back to it a couple years ago. Had zero issues on my modern setup either. IIRC, I just set up a Joy2Key config for my 360 pad and I was good to go. Downsampled + SGSSAA shots I took (4:3 since no 16:9 support)

That actually looks pretty good, although I wish someone could get 16:9 working.

Jawmuncher

Nice, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb was still pretty dope when I went back to it a couple years ago. Had zero issues on my modern setup either. IIRC, I just set up a Joy2Key config for my 360 pad and I was good to go. Downsampled + SGSSAA shots I took (4:3 since no 16:9 support):

I'll rebuy it if Disney bothers to put it on Steam since I can't imagine this "rerelease" being screwed up.

Still remember seeing this game on the news, early one morning before heading to school. Was a short interview with the Developer. Played the demo on Xbox and quite liked what was there.

wonder how my 770 is going to handle W3. It seems like they've made some concessions graphically since its first reveals so i'm hoping i can get it to look purdy at 1080p

Copons

yeah ... could be just another Kojima-troll ... wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be one

I really can't get around the fact that at 10PM (local hour in Roppongi), Jeff Konami (real name) picked up the phone to call Konami's web department, which by that time was probably getting shitfaced in some izakaya waiting for the last train home, asking them to quickly going back to the office to shop out Kojima's name from every MGS graphic asset stored in Konami's backup WD Blue.

Dr Dogg

Ripe from the successes of MGR and GZ on Steam along with the upturn of VN's on last year, Kojima has seen the light and can finally be free of the Metal Gear franchise and release awesome titles like Snatcher and Policenauts to a captive audience. I'm assuming those 2 are Konami's IPs so would be interesting to see what bonkers concept he'd come up for a third stint at an adventure game.

Can't imagine the name deductions being a "troll" or "joke".
It is way too of a formal and professional area to make changes just because.

He probably is going for good. Shame. I can't imagine MGS being how I like it without Kojima's special brand of crazy.

Maniac

Banned
HL2:DM came two weeks later and may have even been slapped together in that time considering how bare-bones it is. HL2 launched with nothing but a SP campaign, unless you want to count Country-Steak: Sauce.

Ah, I figured it was something like that as opposed to Valve locking him out.
HL2:DM is sooooooooooooo good though, even though it's barebones as hell I've managed to clock over 100 hours in it.

The gravity gun is still my favourite 'weapon' in any game ever... Period.

And it's why I really, really hope to see HL3 become a thing someday so we can get a new Half-Life multiplayer and hopefully some sort of co-op, too.

There's so much fucking potential, Valve please. :p
mmm country steak and sauce.
My GPU now overheats while playing Go.
But I should order my lappy in the next week or so.
Nicey nice, have you picked one out yet?
I'm moving to a new job across the globe. I shipped my gaming PC yesterday and won't have it for a few weeks :(

I have my 2011 MacBook Air, though. Any fun, recent games to play on it? I guess I'll finally bite the bullet on Lisa.

Where yu goin boi

Please be aware that I'm spitballing here and don't actually know which of these games have an OSX port ><

Knights of Pen & Paper +1 is pretty fun. Hotline Miami 1 & 2 should, hopefully, work on it. (Atleast the first would, I imagine) and um...

Minecraft? :p

Deep Dungeons of Doom is pretty legit too. And LISA, even if it's incredibly weird.

And let's not forget Binding of Isaac and Hatoful Boyfriend.

MUnited83

For you.
Can't imagine the name deductions being a "troll" or "joke".
It is way too of a formal and professional area to make changes just because.

He probably is going for good. Shame. I can't imagine MGS being how I like it without Kojima's special brand of crazy.

Are you new to Kojima or something? Trolling is a professional career for him :p

Maniac

Banned
Woooooooooo, yaaaaay!
Yeah it's weird as hell. Summary:

Kojima no longer Konami exec
All KojiPro branding removed from MGSV websites
MGS V no longer says "A Hideo Kojima Game"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013350
Not yaaaay, booooo.

This is weird though. Kojima has been the only one capable of producing hugely profitable games for Konami... Can't help but wonder if this means they'll stop developing games in the near future... :s
I do. I've been wearing this bad boy for over 15 years.

kFCOEUx.jpg

A Casio? I thought we talked about this. They're nerdy and bad. You're not supposed to wear something that looks like a calculator on your wrist. :p
There's more:
The new KojiPro LA studio is now Konami LA
"A Hideo Kojima Game" was also removed from older MGS games

something big is going down

Gosh darn wot is dis
Pillars of Eternity is GOTY
And wot the fok is dis

Is this... A feature in way of an option, or a bug?

I really hope it's a feature. :p

A Casio? I thought we talked about this. They're nerdy and bad. You're not supposed to wear something that looks like a calculator on your wrist. :p

If they're nerdy, then they suit me perfectly. I'd further argue that a square-faced smart watch looks more like a calculator than my watch.

derExperte

Red Dead Rredemption done. Surprisingly short when concentrating on the main missions, barely 15hrs while GTAV took me ~30. Also while a very good game with an engaging, personal story in a believable world we usually never see in games it didn't completely blow me away mainly because the missions are just not interesting enough gameplay-wise. I also thought that some voice actors weren't up to Rockstar's usual standard, characters suddenly disappeared and none of the side activities are motivating me to continue playing (also I still have Undead Nightmares waiting). So not quite the holy grail it's made out to be imo but I'm glad I finally got around to it.

Copons

Red Dead Rredemption done. Surprisingly short when concentrating on the main missions, barely 15hrs while GTAV took me ~30. Also while a very good game with an engaging, personal story in a believable world we usually never see in games it didn't completely blow me away mainly because the missions are just not interesting enough gameplay-wise. I also thought that some voice actors weren't up to Rockstar's usual standard, characters suddenly disappeared and none of the side activities are motivating me to continue playing (also I still have Undead Nightmares waiting). So not quite the holy grail it's made out to be imo but I'm glad I finally got around to it.

If you never bare hands killed a mountain lion and a grizzly both attacking at the same time, I don't think your playthrough qualify as complete.

r3n4ud

With all this Kojima talk, I really wish Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was on Steam. Hate to pay the inflated cost for the ps3 version, but the series is on my video gaming bucket list.

Dsyndrome

Kojima is Konami nowadays, are they doubling down on Pachinko? What the hell's gonna happen with Silent Hills? Was it McMahon all along?

that would suck if he left :( also what'll happen to the silent hill game he was directing? I mean i wasn't going to play it, couldn't even play that P.T. shit(I'm a pussy, deal with it) but i was planning on buying it and making my brother play it while i watch lol

Yeah but the removal of his name from almost everything and his being stripped of his executive position still remains as legit reasons to consider whether he still works at Konami or not.

agreed. if he left they'd be screwed :I he's basically the one keeping that company relevant. When I think of Konami I think Kojima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom