• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
I just tried. Managed to create account no problems, plus I had a separate paypal account just for this.

Paypal insists on asking me to connect a credit card though. Apparently doesn't allow me to pay with paypal wallet.

wait brb time to ask russian bear

wait does he even live in russia?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I just tried. Managed to create account no problems, plus I had a separate paypal account just for this.

Paypal insists on asking me to connect a credit card though. Apparently doesn't allow me to pay with paypal wallet.

wait brb time to ask russian bear

wait does he even live in russia?

if you're talking about liezryou then no

also - keep in mind you can only buy one copy of a game per account on GMG

Knurek

you are such a blasphemer!
Wait... you haven't played FF6 before?!

I played FFIIIus... Back in high school I guess. At least 15 years ago, god, I'm old.
Didn't like it very much then (the Vanish+Doom trick made later half of the game braindead easy), heard FF6A fixes that.
Gearing up for the first Ultros fight, so just barely beyond the introduction, but the game has been really boring so far though. Wish there was some hardcore mode, with battles requiring actual player input instead of tapping A. :\

Arthea

I played FFIIIus... Back in high school I guess. At least 15 years ago, god, I'm old.
Didn't like it very much then (the Vanish+Doom trick made later half of the game braindead easy), heard FF6A fixes that.
Gearing up for the first Ultros fight, so just barely beyond the introduction, but the game has been really boring so far though. Wish there was some hardcore mode, with battles requiring actual player input instead of tapping A. :\

c'mon Knurek, you complain about a game being easy right at the start? You surely know better than that. Also not every game needs to be Phantasy Star that punches you in the face from the first step and keeps punching until you are down then kicks you until you are unconscious. You know that could be a reason why PS is dead and FF is still kicking, well maybe not kicking but slowly walking, very very slowly 1 game in decade pace (><)

PS isn't dead. Its just dead in the west lololol

oh it is very very dead
I mean main series, singleplay

_hekk05

Banned
c'mon Knurek, you complain about a game being easy right at the start? You surely know better than that. Also not every game needs to be Phantasy Star that punches you in the face from the first step and keeps punching until you are down then kicks you until you are unconscious. You know that could be a reason why PS is dead and FF is still kicking, well maybe not kicking but slowly walking, very very slowly 1 game in decade pace (><)

PS isn't dead. Its just dead in the west lololol

Knurek

c'mon Knurek, you complain about a game being easy right at the start? You surely know better than that.

I don't mind if a game is easy at the beginning.
What I do mind is if a game is so easy as to insult my intelligence. This isn't Dragon Age II, there's no need for "Press A for Awesome" gameplay here...

Turfster

IndieGameStand's daily deal is Boot Hill Heroes PWYW (1$ min for Steam key)
They also have the following deals:
  • Shattered Planet 75% off
  • Evoland 50% off
  • 4089 40% off
  • Tengami 30% off
  • Crystal Catacombs 38% off
  • Gnomoria 50% off

Gamersgate has Poker Nights 1 & 2 for 1$ each

Was all excited when I saw D:OS got a patch, but it was 75k

Are we all hype for the new humble weekly?

(Damn it, someone say something =p)

Arthea

guys we made it!
barely (><)
4th now
http://www.metagamerscore.com/most_score_crew
iX1KkpZdJOi7b.png

next step: we need to take those steam gifts guys down!

edited: steamgafers that joined yesterday pushed us over this line

edit2: where is everybody?

Arthea

If it's like bundle from Japan that was a while back, I will be
my wishlist grown beyond any control, now when I don't buy games, only some bundles.

Arthea

Hmm, I can't seem to quote the post. Maybe because I'm on mobile?

just click on the thread name of that post and it will take you to the place it is in the thread where you can quote it.
it would have been simple just to type it again, sometimes being lazy is so much work! (><)

The next group is pretty distant. We'll need to play even more games with achievements.

I'll try to do my part :D

it is rather huge community, so it won't be easy, but I wouldn't say impossible,
when taking first place is impossible (><)

r3n4ud

just click on the thread name of that post and it will take you to the place it is in the thread where you can quote it.
it would have been simple just to type it again, sometimes being lazy is so much work! (><)

it is rather huge community, so it won't be easy, but I wouldn't say impossible,
when taking first place is impossible (><)

Check PM.
Thanks folks

Groupees' BAGB 21 has started. Wolf14: The Old Blood is up for pre-order. All items bought from the market are now untradeable for seven days. Fare Godmace landed in the UK and may or may not live near Saoirse Ronan. You know, the usual.

Hah, I really doubt she lives anywhere close to me... I'm sure she can afford being somewhere fancier. Maybe it was her friend who lived nearby, who knows.

In any case, if I ever got to speak to her, I promise I'll tell her about you <3.

GMG is the new Russian Bear? Interesting

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really digging the art style in Skylines. Everything looks like real life miniatures when you zoom it. It's quite something. My 5th city has been my most successful so far. I stopped using the grid method and just went random. It's working out ok so far.

Milamber

Guys! Cities Skylines got a patch and fixed the park problems with commercial.
Greetings Chirpies!

Colossal Order have been hard at work and we're now ready to release the first post-launch patch for Cities: Skylines. The main theme of this patch, as you can see, is bug fixing.

We have isolated and eliminated a large part of the most pressing technical issues, meaning this should get the game working for many who haven't been able to play before.

As we're rolling out the update via steam it might take up to two hours, or so, for it to go live everywhere. Please re-start your steam or verify the game cache if the game does not automatically download the patch.

You can see which version number you're running in the lower right corner of the main menu, if you're not sure that you've gotten it.

1.0.6b - Patch notes
  • Windows: dependencies to the visual studio runtime have been removed. Addresses the issue where ColossalNative.dll would fail to load for users missing/having wrong msvcrt dlls.
  • Windows/OSX: fixed an issue where some users would not have permissions to access an user folder
  • Linux: fixed some cases where the first time launch would show the game half way out of the screen on dual monitors
  • Linux: various runtime optimizations
  • Linux: hopefully fixed the performance problems and the log spam, we were unable to reproduce that issue so this is a bit of a blindfolded fix
  • Linux: added support for $XDG_DATA_HOME. If you are using a custom path for XDG and already played the game on that machine, you will need to manually move the user files from the default folder ~/.local/share/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines to $XDG_DATA_HOME/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines
  • Mac/Linux: fixed a crash when selecting a building in the Asset importer
  • All platforms: added some debug info which may be useful when trying to help users in trouble
  • All platforms: added support for -screen-height & -screen-width and lowered severity of argument error unsupported launch options so they would cause the new game button to be greyed
  • Modding API: fixed OnCalculateResidentialDemand, OnCalculateCommercialDemand and OnCalculateWorkplaceDemand to call their respective counterpart properly. Also fixed for office buildings calling industrial level up.
  • nerfed parks decreasing commercial demand
  • road upgrade tool now works between two-way and one-way roads and right mouse-button changes direction of one-way roads
  • building effect radius is more accurate
  • added a Film grain slider in the Graphics options, like for the Tilt shift. (Users with the
  • Disable Film Grain mod subscribed from Steam workshop and enabled will be notified with a "Console warning" when the game start and the game will automatically disable the mod and set the film grain amount to 0 so that no action from users is required apart from closing the Console panel).
  • added a chirper volume slider in the Audio options
  • intro screen can be skipped with mouse click or key press
  • fixed a case where an error would occur if the Source folder was not found while sharing a Mod to the workshop
  • fixed Publish workshop panel caption to not always show Savegame regardless which asset type was selected
  • killed the clicking sounds that could be heard on a quiet night during full moon and near the end of the loading screen
  • buildings uploaded to the workshop will now go to their respective tags automatically. (Buildings already on the workshop will not, we are currently investigating how to make it happen without users having to do anything about it)
  • fixed holding down mouse button and release over ui keeps some tools active
  • fixed tooltip stays visible when using shortcut to open area view
  • fixed parking spaces still working for burned down buildings.
  • fixed mouse raycast use normal mesh for burned down buildings.
  • removed airplane engine sound from unlockpanel...
  • fixed minor text issues in different languages
  • fixed wrong tree shadow alpha with pollution or water
  • fixed bulldozeing ship/airplane paths in map editor even when they are not visible
  • fixed pedestrian bridge color slightly wrong from far distance

Please note: if your specific issue has not been fixed, it's of course still on our to-do list. Do not worry!

Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to bug researching, reporting and helping us

Regards,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom