• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/63475/

header_586x192.jpg

$49.99

Not a bad bundle. I was expecting them to throw NBA2k15 into it as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
isn't it free with bio 2 now?

It was free just for those who owned the game prior to the Steamworks patch since there was no easy way for 2K to ascertain who'd bought it as buying DLC on GFWL didn't confer a key.

DmAc2k6

So GTA 1 and 2 are included in the GMG sale?

They're in my library after buying it. But it didn't say they were included on the site.

JaseC

So GTA 1 and 2 are included in the GMG sale?

They're in my library after buying it. But it didn't say they were included on the site.

R* made new GTA Complete subs some months ago that lack GTA and GTA2, so you got lucky. It's impossible to say how many "old" keys GMG has remaining.

R* made new GTA Complete subs some months ago that lack GTA and GTA2, so you got lucky. It's impossible to say how many "old" keys GMG has remaining.

If you get an "old" key will it have GTA VC and GTA SA without the music fiddled with aka the classic versions?

JaseC

If you get an "old" key will it have GTA VC and GTA SA without the music fiddled with aka the classic versions?

Yes.

Edit: VC yes, SA no because R* got lazy (no, really -- it couldn't be bothered repeating what it previously did with VC and 2K very recently did with Bio2, so everybody got the patch).

Salsa

man enemy within is still 8 bucks? its time I get it and do another xcom playthrough but I was expecting like 4-5.

its not that great either, is it?

man, deciding on what monitor to buy is a pain in the ass. Was using 2 monitors(Samsung Syncmaster S22B300), but one of them broke. Now i can't decide if i want two monitors(probably the Dell S2340L) or get a BenQ XL2420Z for "future proofing", even if i cant use the 144hz on every game, and get used to use different monitors :/

HoosTrax

What's the word regarding the latest Borderlands games (Presequel or w/e it's called)?

It doesn't seem like it's all that popular for some reason, at least compared to how popular BL2 was when it first came out. Are people just bored of the formula? I got a few hundred hours out of both previous games, so unlike some people here, I liked the gameplay just fine. In fact, I think they could have taken the FPS/RPG hybrid further, and added a crafting mechanic.

What's the word regarding the latest Borderlands games (Presequel or w/e it's called)?

It doesn't seem like it's all that popular for some reason, at least compared to how popular BL2 was when it first came out. Are people just bored of the formula? I got a few hundred hours out of both previous games, so unlike some people here, I liked the gameplay just fine. In fact, I think they could have taken the FPS/RPG hybrid further, and added a crafting mechanic.

If you liked Borderlands 1 and 2 you will like the presequel. It is more of the same + low grav, its fun. I enjoyed all of them so I don't regret my purchase day 1.

didamangi

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/63475/

header_586x192.jpg

$49.99

Not a bad bundle. I was expecting them to throw NBA2k15 into it as well.

Would be a great bundle if they're not too cheap to thrown in the complete/goty version of Borderlands 2, Civ V, XCOM EU, Bioshock Infinite. You'll probably going to buy the complete version of those games again down the line since it's almost always cheaper to buy it rather than the DLC pack.

Anyone interested in buying Bioshock Infinite Season Pass should take a look here. Use macgames5off for 5%off.

Maniac

Banned
Thief 2.
Monkey Island 2.

So many more =p

Deux Ex, Half Life 1 & 2, Portal 2 (imo, the writing is 2gd), System Shock (1 or 2, YMMV)

I want to say Bioshock 1, but it's really not aged well at all imo. And uh... Well, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1 (+ Broodwars) and Diablo 2 are must-plays to me aswell, but those aren't as must-puhlaaay as them thar shootery thangs I mentioned earlier.
Oh fuck off. Silent Hill(s) finally had a shot at becoming a good if not great series again, and this shit happens? Sigh. Bye-bye Kojima-Guillermo Silent Hill, we hardly knew ye.

And to quote one of my good Steam friends "Is Konami run by retarded cows with bollocks for brains?"

I believe we all have known the answer to be "Yes" for a long time.

Salsa

The controls are fine, the problem I had was the lack of feedback in dispatching enemies. It made the game less satisfying, along with the confusing-as-hell map layout.

I like the controls so much that after an hour I restarted on Hard

think im gonna regret this

zkylon

zkylewd
what can you say that isnt true for

ivJetiLp1Abe0.gif

This actually raises a pretty good question: what game would you consider truly necessary? Not just a favorite or a classic, but something that has to be experienced before you die.
probably very few games
super metroid, dark souls, mario 3 (at least that's my favorite), shadow of the colossus, majora's mask, planescape, doom, system shock 2, thief (maybe thief 2, but i haven't played it),
league of legends lol
, and many more i can't think of right now

for all my love of fallout i think u can live a full life without playing it, although it will be much worse life for it

probably a million more, you can't really reduce gaming to a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom