• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the worst news possible, actually. Probably, since basically MGS is the only "living" franchise Konami still own (yeah, Castlevania died with LOS games, Silent Hill died with Downpour and following titles, Silent Hills in fact was given to Kojima to make a miracle and resurrect this serie), Konami will release one MGS each year, if not two, like Ubisoft is doing with Assassin's Creed franchise. Tons of DLCs, unpolished games on launch...this is what I expect from Kojima's departure.

And I'm not talking about the fact Konami removed all "Hideo Kojima's" from ALL MGS titles, like Kojima never did those games. This is just shamefull.

Who knows? maybe we get better games, or at least different ones like Revengeance, imagine a MGS RPG or a MGS shoot em up, or a MGS VN :p

Dsyndrome

Alright, google turned up nothing so I have a question.

Cards have a Buy and Sell section, right? Say you put up you want to buy a card for 10 cents, then somebody after you puts up that they want to buy a card 8 cents. Assuming there are none of these cards available and somebody randomly puts it up for 5 cents who gets it? I would assume me since I put in the offer first, but I'm skeptical since... well... Steam.

I think you're stuck with the 8 cents unless you cancel your buy order, never had an instance where I've gotten a card cheaper. So in this case, the first person saying they want to buy for 5 cents would get it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ixG0CFYNQEUTn.png

Welcome to Konami, home of the "We don't get it" board of directors.

I like Rising, if Platinum will do it. I don't want a MGS rpg, VN or fps/tps :(

Y-you don't want to go to the dance, PunishedSnake-sama?! ;~;

Deitus

Alright, google turned up nothing so I have a question.

Cards have a Buy and Sell section, right? Say you put up you want to buy a card for 10 cents, then somebody after you puts up that they want to buy a card 8 cents. Assuming there are none of these cards available and somebody randomly puts it up for 5 cents who gets it? I would assume me since I put in the offer first, but I'm skeptical since... well... Steam.

It will be the first person who posted the buy order. The only way the person after you gets to buy first is if they list a buy order for higher than yours (and someone lists a card for higher than your buy order).

Who knows? maybe we get better games, or at least different ones like Revengeance, imagine a MGS RPG or a MGS shoot em up, or a MGS VN :p

On mobile devices.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Powerpuff Girls game got pulled. :/

Really didn't think it would be at risk since it was even published by Cartoon Network.

It's happened before: Top Gun was yanked despite being published by Paramount's digital gaming arm. The strange thing here is less that it would seem Cartoon Network Games licensed the IP from Cartoon Network proper and more that the game isn't even a year old.

Uraizen

Banned
I think you're stuck with the 8 cents unless you cancel your buy order, never had an instance where I've gotten a card cheaper. So in this case, the first person saying they want to buy for 5 cents would get it.

I'm more worried about getting the card at all since there's none of them.

It will be the first person who posted the buy order. The only way the person after you gets to buy first is if they list a buy order for higher than yours (and someone lists a card for higher than your buy order).

Make sense, my bid is higher anyway. I put out a very generous bounty on a foil card for what people realistically usually pay and that's why I was asking. OCD can be a bitch.

Jawmuncher

Considering how ridiculous MGR was I wouldn't mind seeing some new genres for the series. FPS where you play as the grunt PMC side going through the real terrors of war since you aren't a bad ass like snake. Can't really see a RPG, but a VN set in mother base would be sweet.

Bought it, and already had Lego Lord of the Rings, so here's a giveaway!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings -- MB-516042CC6CF01F7D - Taken by The Dear Leader. 9 entrants total.

t1426795236z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it seems Valve's changed something recently with regard to certain apps being set to be ignored by Steam's licence cross-check (this, well, feature is why, for example, I had to ask Valve to temporarily disable my ARMA X (NA) licence so I could activate a copy of ARMA 2 (ROW)), and by that I mean Steam no longer selectively ignores apps. I noticed during the Ubi sale that AssCreed Revs Gold wasn't highlighted as owned, which I found odd as I know I've tried to buy it in the past, so I added it to my cart to see if Steam's final licence cross-check would stop me from progressing... and it didn't, and just now I activated the standard edition of Prison Architect that I bought during the Winter Sale but couldn't activate because Steam would say I already owned the game on the count of the standard edition DLC app being ignored.

Basically, what this means is that if you've ever bought the standard edition of something but couldn't upgrade to the DDE since Steam complained that the game is already in your library, you now can -- without needing Valve's help.

finally got around to playing guacameele. :O why didn't i play this sooner? dont understand why they filled the backgrounds with memes and video game references tho.

GameSpot: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, power struggle, communications embargo

A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within the studio, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

Not sure if posted in here, but damn

Knurek

O~okay, getting cramps in my hands, enough of Guacamelee! for today.

The shit that's going on with you having to switch dimensions midway through jumping, not to mention breaking some colored blocks with special moves, not to mention changing into a chicken.
Game is simply amazing!

Extras from crazy Nuuvem bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO Batman 2 -- MB-805B52A99662CE7B - Taken by fspm. 9 entrants total.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-997BC9B04C51DC21 - Taken by Deadbeat. 7 entrants total.

t1426796315z1.png

I turned 30 today and people are proclaiming Metal Gear dead.

Then I thought of the day I turned 18, when I listened to George W. declare war in Iraq and the invasion began the next day.

These things can't all be coincidences. I need to learn to harness these powers to prevent this senseless destruction.

FloatOn

the lego games would be good if they stopped playing the same "hey we recreated a movie in lego" schtick over and over

also the hit detection is shit in those games. It feels like nothing actually collides.

Knurek

Oh god, this is amazing...
2015:
Nintendo announces partnership with DeNA.
Konami shutter Kojima Productions and Hideo Kojima leaves game development.
Capcom stops all business development in preparation for Nintendo acquisition.

2016:
Nintendo purchases Capcom, Capcom now the Monster Hunter mobile app development studio.
Nintendo merges with DeNA and Shigeru Miyamoto retires from games development to teach at Tokyo Polytechnic.
Reeling after ceasing development on Metal Gear Rising 2, Platinum works on licensed anime game with six month development cycle. Game sits at 61% on Metacritic.

2017:
Kadokawa Corporation pivots away from media to invest in burgeoning smart rice cooker market. Closes FROM. Hidetaka Miyazaki joins Miyamoto and Pac-Man creator Toru Iwatani at Tokyo Polytechnic.
Keita Takahashi makes F2P spiritual sequel to Noby Noby Boy. Now completely sex-negative North American indie community that once took Takahashi in shuns him due to implicit sexuality of game. Takahashi again leaves game development.
Platinum releases a sequel to licensed anime game. It has 55% Metacritic average.

2018:
Platinum closes its doors.

2019:
Keita Takahashi records album with Jim O’Rourke on which he makes barnyard animal noises while playing the spoons. Album is WIRE Magazine’s record of the year.

2020:
Treasure release Radiant Silvergun on Steam.

xBladeM6x

Then I thought of the day I turned 18, when I listened to George W. declare war in Iraq and the invasion began the next day.

These things can't all be coincidences. I need to learn to harness these powers to prevent this senseless destruction.

All bow down to the power of TheLetdown.

What a needless, sad and pathetic way to end the person's job who basically made you what you are.

It's not especially Kojima but no one, whether games industry or elsewhere deserves to be "wiped out" retroactively like this.

Such a shame. I am sure Kojima will land on his feet but probably not everyone who will go will.

And no matter what Konami does, Metal Gear Solid will never be the same without Kojima.

What a shame. A shame that Konami does this.
i guess some are going to be interested on this:
d0e0578e89.png
That's only 7€ holy smokes.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

TheLetdown

derExperte

Btw if you're reading old Road Not Taken reviews keep in mind that they released a patch with a 'normal' difficulty. Was too hard before which many complained about.

That's only 7€ holy smokes.

5,70€ actually. Which is about the average of what I paid for each of those games without touching any very much.

Was watching the BTA go steadily downward... and then someone paid $100.

What was the lowest average?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I want that lego bundle but i already have half of those games and i haven't even played them : /

That bundle comes out to a little over $6, I think, so if you're really interested in the other lego games, might as well buy the bundle, considering none of the lego games ever go under $5 during a sale. Still, if you never plan on playing them, you could always save your money.

Newblade

LEGO overdose.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Newblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

LEGO The Lord of the Rings -- MB-B63241EB43B8D11C - Taken by redlacs. 8 entrants total.
LEGO The Hobbit -- MB-4093CFE3B1070A59 - Taken by wetflame. 6 entrants total.
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes -- MB-1BE6E98F6D0487BD - Taken by Daedalos42. 4 entrants total.

t1426797096z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish San Francisco sold enough to warrant a sequel. The driver switch mechanic was a lot of fun.
yeah, that was kind of cute. that game was pretty funny too

unfortunately i don't like driving games and specially driving games with ubi open world design, so i didn't keep playing but it was pretty entertaining for as long as it lasted

Anteater

i think i'll just save my money, couldn't get vpn to work on nuuvem, enjoyed marvel but not sure about the other themes

Come on steam, i still got 8 bucks in my wallet

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Violett -- MB-F6FD31BB76434259 - Taken by rainking187
Borealis -- MB-F1DE28933EE01079 - Taken by Chreznor
Frederic: Evil Strikes Back -- MB-042E9B45C5C021C8 - Taken by Newblade
Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-6F344271365856BF - Taken by darkchewie
The Bridge -- MB-0884D04AE0292E32 - Taken by didamangi
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-F19988781736B5C4 - Taken by Abomination
Shelter -- MB-7FA1EB4ACDD3EB52 - Taken by ExoSoul
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-CC061AA6D80625C4 - Taken by Purkake4
Crimsonland -- MB-3291DE01459A3B29 - Taken by GaussTek
Betrayer -- MB-1E8E1D3CE4A3BEAD - Taken by 7Sins
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-24924B655F9B5047 - Taken by Belgarion
Closure -- MB-C9DCA7FB17C33137 - Taken by Tesseract
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-4D386029DF087082 - Taken by xGreg
Proxy Blade Zero -- MB-E39139284ECBBDC0 - Taken by Loptous

The Blue Flamingo -- MB-12107D786D4EC765 - Taken by SalsaShark
Majestic Nights -- MB-3769CA38448BA387 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Antisquad -- MB-CC294ADBCA5609F9 - Taken by chronomac
Sine Mora -- MB-2DA28E22906217C4 - Taken by WinterDemons
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-194E3C2B0BE93DE5 - Taken by Blu(e)
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-2D2A57B6D445F46F - Taken by SSPssp
Great Permutator -- MB-EBD4E1CCAB37C001 - Taken by lindarasta
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars The Director's Cut -- MB-7DD6899585D0E0DE - Taken by Spikeboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom