• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

If you own Dark Souls II (no DLC), it'll cost 30. If you own everything it costs $20. I think? I might have missed that first part.

ViviOggi

Scholar of the First Sin pricing info from that stream

$40 DX9 version
$50 DX11 version

$30 if you own DaS2 vanilla
$20 if you own DaS2 vanilla + season pass

There's a Scholar of the First Sin stream going on right now, they said they're gonna talk about all the Steam pricing, and they said there are tiers, so it sounds like maybe you'll get a bigger discount based on the DLC you have.

SotFS DX9 - $39.99
SotFS DX11 - $49.99

Upgrade for previous owners:
Dark Souls 2 - $29.99
Dark Souls 2 + Season Pass - $19.99

So assuming this works like the Deus Ex HR Directors Cut upgrade worked, will previous owners be able to purchase the upgrade as a gift? If I can get my hands on SotFS for $20 that would be rad as hell.

Speevy

Banned
$0 if you own all of it, have beaten it, and realize that all this shit could have been accomplished with some hacks and a mod.

FLD

If you own Dark Souls II (no DLC), it'll cost 30. If you own everything it costs $20. I think? I might have missed that first part.

Think I'll hold off then. I just really wish they'd discount the damn season pass every now and then. I think I only ever saw it go on sale once and it wasn't a very good deal. A friend of mine gifted me the first Crown DLC a few months ago, which was very nice of him, but now I can't really justify paying full price for the season pass. Even 50% off would be good enough for me to bite, honestly. :/

rtcn63

Someone taketh this pwease

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kirosia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sword of Asumi -- MB-91CC5C0207CDFEA7 - Taken by salazar547

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of texhnolyze, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for The Banner Saga failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1427421091z1.png

Salsa

im gonna have to stop playing Pillars for a bit to chill on the bed and continue Life is strange

from mysterious metaphorical dwarves of yore to HELLA CASH BIDNESS

Does throttling take effect when you send an entry or only at draw time? For example say I'm throttled for the next 15 minutes and I enter a raffle that draws after 3 hours, does my entry get disqualified because I sent it while I'm being throttled (even though the throttle would be lifted by the time the raffle is done)?

SSPssp

Does throttling take effect when you send an entry or only at draw time? For example say I'm throttled for the next 15 minutes and I enter a raffle that draws after 3 hours, does my entry get disqualified because I sent it while I'm being throttled (even though the throttle would be lifted by the time the raffle is done)?

From the modbot logs I've seen all of that is checked at draw time. You might win, but then modbot checks the exclusions.

Edit: I'm wrong, as Stump says, most stuff is checked at draw time but some stuff is checked at entry time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Modbot won't check to see if you're throttled until it chooses a winner. So if you become unthrottled by the time the giveaway ends, you're good to go.

L.O.R.D

Scholar of the First Sin pricing info from that stream

$40 DX9 version
$50 DX11 version

$30 if you own DaS2 vanilla
$20 if you own DaS2 vanilla + season pass

the $20 is good for me , because i played the main game once and finished it
then formatted my PC and my save gone
and bought the season pass , then i saw there is new version

really good pricing
not like crapcom , Re Release OLD DLC for 15 without any discount

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Afair he told us the limits but it's been a while so good luck searching. ;)

The base throttle varies from 15-20 minutes, it is currently 15 minutes. Winning several games (I'll leave this vague) within a week will have that throttle start to ramp up. Eventually it gets high enough that you can only win one every 24 hours, but that requires winning a lot, basically every chance you can. Very popular (I'll leave this vague, but stuff like the PoE giveaways in the main 24 hour thread in Gaming yesterday count) giveaways have a slightly longer throttle, up to double the throttle length. There's no throttle on garbage dumps.

And if you're one of the top 5 winners of all time cumulatively (I'll take a pass on saying who these people are, but they've won hundreds of games each), there's an extra mechanism that disqualifies you if you are not giving back occasionally.

All of this is done automatically, and the throttles apply to me as well.

From the modbot logs I've seen all of that is checked at draw time. You might win, but then modbot checks the exclusions.

ModBot does almost all of its checking at draw time. A few things are checked at entry time, but not many. For timing-related stuff like NOWINNERSDAILY and the throttle, ModBot gives you the advantage and uses draw time.

titch

Least i could do!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Titan Quest -- MB-9580BBCD08637F29 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 3 entrants total.
AGFPRO - Drone Kombat FPS Multiplayer DLC -- MB-795B796CF80AA15A
Hero Siege -- MB-BEDD097FE4D3D2EE - Taken by ussjtrunks. 3 entrants total.
Great Permutator -- MB-680EAB0339C11F57 - Taken by Accoun. 3 entrants total.
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-DB51E9BEAEE818DF - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
The Nightmare Cooperative -- MB-15E3D2CDE9FC7860 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-D56725EA0774A8F8 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Axis Game Factory's AGFPRO v2 -- MB-991B32998F1ED043 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-EE4E8A2D1F38F093 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-65460A950496D3D5 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Obludia -- MB-405FF665C624A852 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AF85B8FF1AB8BE - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-98BBDB5884CB5154 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Space Salvager -- MB-618D93C92F6E6D0F - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1427418751z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of texhnolyze, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (texhnolyze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-D5DFE81263CEBD28 - Taken by Madn. 19 entrants total.

t1427422111z1.png

The base throttle varies from 15-20 minutes, it is currently 15 minutes. Winning several games (I'll leave this vague) within a week will have that throttle start to ramp up. Eventually it gets high enough that you can only win one every 24 hours, but that requires winning a lot, basically every chance you can. Very popular (I'll leave this vague, but stuff like the PoE giveaways in the main 24 hour thread in Gaming yesterday count) giveaways have a slightly longer throttle, up to double the throttle length. There's no throttle on garbage dumps.

And if you're one of the top 5 winners of all time cumulatively (I'll take a pass on saying who these people are, but they've won hundreds of games each), there's an extra mechanism that disqualifies you if you are not giving back occasionally.

All of this is done automatically, and the throttles apply to me as well.

ModBot does almost all of its checking at draw time. A few things are checked at entry time, but not many. For timing-related stuff like NOWINNERSDAILY and the throttle, ModBot gives you the advantage and uses draw time.

I've learned a lot from this. Thanks Stump.

I think throttling probably prevented me from winning PoE yesterday. I wouldn't have let that happen had I known. Now I'm armed with knowledge for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom