• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.

Cities Skylines get's a First Person Multiplayer mod.

54037-Thats-brilliant-gif-cxnC.gif

Dr Dogg

Well my GPU fan is dead, won't even spin up on boot. I wondered why it was getting to 89 degrees just sat in the title menu of Life is Strange. What a flipping horrible time to have to make a RMA with a long Bank Holiday weekend getting in the way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well my GPU fan is dead, won't even spin up on boot. I wondered why it was getting to 89 degrees just sat in the title menu of Life is Strange. What a flipping horrible time to have to make a RMA with a long Bank Holiday weekend getting in the way.

You're a doctor; give it CPR. And I totally did not write "CDPR" initially.

Why was DoA pushed so hard in this thread again? Viral marketing?

I feel bad for all those people tricked into preordering based off sexy gifs.
Just another Gravelord_Nito hype trainwreck.
Nothing out of the ordinary.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry to hear. Hope it will fix itself or easy fixable. Would have thought 780s to be much better quality builds.
... and here we go ....

RWPnuwu.jpg
You gotta be kidding me. Those do contain the base game as well as silly costumes, right? Right?

Who in their right mind shells out these unholy sums on skimpy skins???

JaseC

Who in their right mind shells out these unholy sums on skimpy skins???

Sale or bust. And no, not that kind of bust.

Edit: Aw, I missed seeing my post count hit 55555. Oh well, onward to 56789, at which point I'll have to consider never posting again.

dex3108

Sonic & All-Star Racing is like a drug. I did everything except beating Expert Ghosts in Time Attack (and those are almost impossible to beat) and that should be enough but i want that Triple Star Licence so much that i can't stop playing that damn game. This is one of those games that caused rage quit for me (Bit.Trip Runner was other one).

Dr Dogg

So I guess DoA turned out DOA then huh?

You're a doctor; give it CPR. And I totally did not write "CDPR" initially.

Hahaha funnily I read that as CDPR before you even mentioned it. I was debating cracking the shroud off and checking if it wasn't something silly like the connector wasn't seated right but sod it that's what warranties are for plus it's already in transit. And I'm totally not going to try and make light of the situation by saying it doesn't matter as I'm away most of the weekend anyway or that now I get to relive the late noughties and rocking my left over 9800GT :(

Salsa

Some quick impressions for Gurumin

• Native xinput and dinput support
  • Keyboard controls aren't awful
  • Every key for a gamepad or the kb/m are rebindable to your heart's content
  • The game feels choppy even with vsync on (i5 4670k/970)
  • It feels blurry even with the blur off
  • It feels like it's rendering below 1920x1080

The screenshot is on the maximum possible settings. I'll be messing around with .ini files if I can find anything and with Nvidia control panel to see what I can do.

I actually own this on PSP. I liked it.

JaseC

Hahaha funnily I read that as CDPR before you even mentioned it. I was debating cracking the shroud off and checking if it wasn't something silly like the connector wasn't seated right but sod it that's what warranties are for plus it's already in transit. And I'm totally not going to try and make light of the situation by saying it doesn't matter as I'm away most of the weekend anyway or that now I get to relive the late noughties and rocking my left over 9800GT :(

I still have my pair of 2GB 670s. I really ought to sell them before they're worth as much as your GT, haha... although I should make sure they still work since they've been sitting on a lounge chair all this time, sandwiched between a couple of (empty) boxes. I take care of my hardware, honest!

your avatar looks sick jasec

It has a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow.

http://wccftech.com/amd-gpu-apu-roadmaps-2015-2020-emerge/
Was posted earlier. Just read it.
Interesting. So AMD is planning to bring similar stuff like in PS4/X1 to PC space in form of SoC (APU) sometime in the future.
I mean, on hand having CPU and GPU together has its advantages in terms of speed between them but on the other hand it would make upgrading CPU or GPU separately impossible. Still I think it is a promising idea because there are many PC users who upgrade in longer intervals and for those a "whole" upgrade would make more sense.

Exciting. Wonder what Nvidia's take on bringing SoC to PC will be like.

zkylon

zkylewd
hadn't thought about this

so, say i only bought dark souls 2 and not the season pass

that's 50$ + 30$ (upgrade) = 80$

but since i bought the season pass it's 50$ + 25$ (season pass) + 20$ upgrade = 95$

also new people can buy the new version for 50$ if i understand correctly, which is great for them, but goes to show how fucked up this whole thing is

this shit should be fucking free

fuck you namco

http://wccftech.com/amd-gpu-apu-roadmaps-2015-2020-emerge/
Was posted earlier. Just read it.
Interesting. So AMD is planning to bring similar stuff like in PS4/X1 to PC space in form of SoC (APU) sometime in the future.
I mean, on hand having CPU and GPU together has its advantages in terms of speed between them but on the other hand it would make upgrading CPU or GPU separately impossible. Still I think it is a promising idea because there are many PC users who upgrade in longer intervals and for those a "whole" upgrade would make more sense.

Exciting. Wonder what Nvidia's take on bringing SoC to PC will be like.

Don't think Nvidia has any interest to put in Tegra chips into PC's but cars are different.

Intel though, their latest CPU's do have some good GPU' if you pay high enough for an iris pro. Apple has phased out dedicated gpu's in their laptops for the integrated Intel CPU/GPU. They don't play the latest and greatest but are fine for StarCraft 2 or Dota 2.

JaseC

but since i bought the season pass it's 50$ + 25$ (season pass) + 20$ upgrade = 95$

also new people can buy the new version for 50$ if i understand correctly, which is great for them, but goes to show how fucked up this whole thing is

fuck you namco

If I don't get my DX11 app, I'm going to blame you. :(

fuck you namco
You get a 60 bucks game for 20 bucks. No matter the differences, it is a huge discount which many pubs wouldn't have done.

Also, you could buy the 20 bucks new version and sell it for say 40 bucks.

fuck you namco

Yeah, Season Pass owners get screwed :(

You get a 60 bucks game for 20 bucks. No matter the differences, it is a huge discount which many pubs wouldn't have done.

Also, you could buy the 20 buck new version and sell it for say 40 bucks.

I doubt that will work, Zombie Army Trilogy had a loyalty discount like DS2 and you couldn't buy it as a gift because of that.

JaseC

I doubt the game is going to be giftable, at least intentionally (i.e. it may be giftable at first but not for long), and the disabling of the "Purchase as a gift" option can no longer be circumvented.

if zkyhearts games ever finishes a game i promise i'll make an argie sub just for you

<3

Yeah but why would you buy DLC in advance without knowing what you were getting yourself into? I don't understand people who buy into season passes and then feel burned one way or another. Wait till the pass is completely out to see if the content merits a purchase and even still, wait till it's discounted.

or wait till there's some sort of complete package. I dunno, it's not like the version of DS2 you have no longer functions because there's a different version out there now. So long as you played it when it came out and enjoyed it, i don't see the issue. it'll probably be dirt cheap before the winter seal anyway, just relax.

zkylon

zkylewd

what?

also it was a 50$ game

also balance stuff like enemies and new shortcuts or whatever should've been free as to not fragment the community, which is exactly what they're doing

i have no idea what you mean by selling the new version or whatever

Yeah but why would you buy DLC in advance without knowing what you were getting yourself into? I don't understand people who buy into season passes and then feel burned one way or another. Wait till the pass is completely out to see if the content merits a purchase and even still, wait till it's discounted.

or wait till there's some sort of complete package. I dunno, it's not like the version of DS2 you have no longer functions because there's a different version out there now. So long as you played it when it came out and enjoyed it, i don't see the issue. it'll probably be dirt cheap before the winter seal anyway, just relax.
you're missing the point

the season pass was great, well worth the 25$, with cool new bosses and areas that delivered on things the main game failed at, even

but scamco trying to squeeze even more money out of people that already preordered everything is pretty rotten specially cos it's also fragmenting an online game's community

and i'm not even like talking about the whole "promised graphix vs delivered graphix" cos i don't care about that, but actually charging for dx11 version when i think even crysis 1 had one is kind of silly (or was it dx10?)

fantomena

Well Scamco will at least laugh all the way to the bank for all the people who will use 20$ on som new enemy placement and other small stuff.

Accoun

That's nothing, you should see all the DLC for the PS4 version. It'd cost close to $300 to get all of it.

Reminds me of iDOLM@STER. They easily have over $2000 worth of DLC, except when they went from being an X360 exclusive to multiplatform with a late port of the second game, they included around $300 worth of DLC with the PS3 version - almost everything available on the 360. Guess they wanted to distance themselves from Xbox, since the next one - One For All, was exclusive to PS3.

what?

also it was a 50$ game

also balance stuff like enemies and new shortcuts or whatever should've been free as to not fragment the community, which is exactly what they're doing

i have no idea what you mean by selling the new version or whatever
I explicitly said I am not talking whether the differences between both versions are fair or worth it. Just that that the loyalty discount is big and could have easily not existed at all.

The selling the game was about the option of previous owners to buy the new version as a gift/keep it in their Steam inventory. Kurt and Jase wrote that it most likely will be disabled though.

Dr Dogg

Considering Namco first said 'don't worry we won't do preorder DLC' and then went and offered preorder DLC, then they said 'alight we had some DLC but we won't have any more' then released 3 items of DLC I'm not in the least bit surprised their Loyalty Discount favours new customers over existing ones.

Reminds me of iDOLM@STER. They easily have over $2000 worth of DLC, except when they went from being an X360 exclusive to multiplatform with a late port of the second game, they included around $300 worth of DLC with the PS3 version - almost everything available on the 360. Guess they wanted to distance themselves from Xbox, since the next one - One For All, was exclusive to PS3.

Haha wow. Reminds me of Train Simulator's DLC.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well CapCom will at least laugh all the way to the bank for all the people who will use 20$ on som new enemy placement and other small stuff.
enemy placement is actually a big deal for this game since the dungeons were mostly disappointing compared to dks1, which is why it sucks they charge you for fixing their own mistakes

I explicitly said I am not talking whether the differences between both versions are fair or worth it. Just that that the loyalty discount is big and could have easily not existed at all.

The selling the game was about the option of previous owners to buy the new version as a gift/keep it in their Steam inventory. Kurt and Jase wrote that it most likely will be disabled though.
the loyalty discount is awful if you think what you're paying for. you're paying for dx fucking 11 which looks pretty much exactly the same, and you're paying so that you get access to one of the halves of the split community bamco created. new enemies would be nice but not at the cost of fragmenting the player base

and if bamco hadn't given people a discount then nobody that already had the game would've bought it, they're not doing fans a favor, they're screwing them over

it's a shitty deal that gets shittier the more i think about it, and it's just bamco applying the same logic they applied to the console versions to pc, except it doesn't make any sense here since the graphics limitations were all on scamco and the gameplay divide comes from their own desire to make the next gen versions more desirable by adding some gameplay tweaks behind a paywall. it could've just been a patch on pc and that's it

it's awful

Buy new version as gift. Sell it to someone else, make your money back :p(assuming it will be giftable at all)
won't work for me because of taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom