• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
when I see it I always think how many of those Jasec already has, and what I could do with those kind of moneys

I only have a dozen or so pieces. Making a particular effort to pick up the Train Sim DLC is something I'll only do when I have virtually if not literally nothing else to buy.

Edit: Make that 38, haha.

JaseC

But what if it gets pulled!

Special themed DLC aside (e.g. Trains vs Zombies), which I do make sure I pick up, I don't think any of it has been lost to time. Some of the DLC is as old as the base game.

Edit: Actually, it seems as though some older stuff has been pulled over the years. Still, the Rocksmith DLC strikes me as more important. I just hope it's half off during the Summer Sale rather than -25%.

Tizoc

yeah, I noticed it, didn't know it's from Skyborn dev, tho

Also I have this urge to dll Gurumin like right now, resisting barely

Download it. It is dling on my laptop at home as I type.
...I think, I can't remember if I left my lappy to dl my Steam games or not D;

Deception

hadn't thought about this

so, say i only bought dark souls 2 and not the season pass

that's 50$ + 30$ (upgrade) = 80$

but since i bought the season pass it's 50$ + 25$ (season pass) + 20$ upgrade = 95$

also new people can buy the new version for 50$ if i understand correctly, which is great for them, but goes to show how fucked up this whole thing is

this shit should be fucking free

fuck you namco

Don't know if people saw this sale but DS2 for $22.99 on GmG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/dark-souls-ii/

JaseC

Here's the thing: It's hard coded into the engine. Even the console versions have it, lmao.

Yeah, I know, but it's still something that could have been fixed. Should have been fixed, even, considering it now affects console versions.

Nabs

Just stop swinging your sword at dead bodies and walls. You'll be okay. There are bonfires every 2 steps, and your weapon automatically repairs for free.

Just stop swinging your sword at dead bodies and walls. You'll be okay. There are bonfires every 2 steps, and your weapon automatically repairs for free.
But doesnt the enemies attack two times faster too? i remember reading something about animation speed.

Always a silver lining! Sucks about your job though :/
Oil market comes and goes. Going to go back to school so it'll work out
probably

Weapons breaking in Dark Souls 2 is rarely an issue. Bonfires are everywhere and there are even instant repair items. Why do people think it's a glitch? Console versions had an unlocked framerate so maybe the 60 fps rate is intended?

No way. That would be crazy. I think some people mentioned quicker enemies, but not 2x.
It does sound crazy. i'll see if i can found the video that compared animation speed, just to be sure.
EDIT: Found it, sorta. It seems the difference is either non existent or minimal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CAKFFUSPAM
It's great because it reveals just how bad people are at playing the game.
lol. To a degree, i agree, but it still shows the technical incompetence of FROM :/

MadGear

Halo Online actually looking great,

Game files also leaked and people are modding the hell out of it and putting custom server support.
It will be online even before the russian release!

It actually looks really nice, not on par with recent games but still nice. I like it.
But that people actually mod the game is pretty great, however I don't expect this to last because parties involved with Halo Online most likely aren't too happy about this :) Still a truly free to play game with custom map support and proper adjustments to its gameplay (as in make it less like Halo4) would be really sweet.

MUnited83

For you.
It actually looks really nice, not on par with recent games but still nice. I like it.
But that people actually mod the game is pretty great, however I don't expect this to last because parties involved with Halo Online most likely aren't too happy about this :) Still a truly free to play game with custom map support and proper adjustments to its gameplay (as in make it less like Halo4) would be really sweet.

With this out in the wild they really can't do a darn thing about it ;)

Modders are already modding the game to be more like the previous games(they removed the sprint button, for example)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
lol. To a degree, i agree, but it still shows the technical incompetence of FROM :/

It never struck me as an actual bug. In fact, I probably never even would have noticed it if not for the complaints in Gaf threads. Even if it is an issue of technical incompetence, it's so easily avoided by:
1. Getting good at killing things efficiently
2. Finding bonfires which are always 2 feet away
3. Always having back-up weapons you feel comfortable with
4. Not hitting corpses like a scrub

Jawmuncher

It never struck me as an actual bug. In fact, I probably never even would have noticed it if not for the complaints in Gaf threads. Even if it is an issue of technical incompetence, it's so easily avoided by:

Yeah I never even knew it was a problem until I was already done with it.

tbf, it never really affected me either. In that aspect i agree with you. it's just that devs do some technical choices that baffle me, as if they didn't really care...or, in fact the game was really designed for 60fps. Who knows :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom