• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

I've been gone all day and am just now going through the PoE thread... man that's a lot of bugs that are gamebreaking. I'm guessing everyone's holding off on playing now until a patch or two comes out...

Anything good/fun happen today?

I've been gone all day and am just now going through the PoE thread... man that's a lot of bugs that are gamebreaking. I'm guessing everyone's holding off on playing now until a patch or two comes out...

Anything good/fun happen today?
I'm not sure if I caught the double click bug, but I'm doing alright anyway. On my way to deal with Lord Raedric, not gonna stop now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hello SteamGAF.

Anyone knows much GTA V ROW Tier 2 worth in TF keys? I refused to pay $75 for it :-\

Users in Vietnam can buy it for $45, which means you're looking at 23 keys or $46. The former would be slightly cheaper provided you can find someone selling keys for <$2.

Dsyndrome

I'm not sure if I caught the double click bug, but I'm doing alright anyway. On my way to deal with Lord Raedric, not gonna stop now.

Think I escaped that one thankfully, more worried about the stat multiplying bug. Good luck with Raedric, I'm still moving through the Temple of Eothas early on.

Lain

The Gurumin release isn't half bad, but I'm having a couple issues with it, mostly with the controller.
Having to set up buttons before starting the game up is mildly annoying, the digital pad not being used to move through menus is highly annoying and the right stick not being mapped to the camera movement by default feels pretty weird (I gotta check if I can map it to that). Also since I can't set the analog deadzone and my left stick tends to stick a bit up, I end up with Purin walking by herself here and there.

Controller aside, Steam was reporting a locked 60fps at 1080p with almost everything turned on/maxed (I kept DOF off because I don't like DOF in general), though there's still pretty noticeable aliasing even with the game set with MSAA x8.

Another day, another visual novel release.

The Rainy Port Keelung &#38632;&#28207;&#22522;&#38534;

Looks like decent production value and the subject matter seems pretty unique and interesting. It only lists English on interface though, so buyers beware, I suppose.

Lain

Checking the Gurumin Steam board I learned that to have AA working, DoF, Blur and BackBuffer have to be set off.
Game looks better now, though my annoyances with the controls are all still in and I can't map the camera to the right stick so I'll stop playing the game for now.

Nabs

Checking the Gurumin Steam board I learned that to have AA working, DoF, Blur and BackBuffer have to be set off.
Game looks better now, though my annoyances with the controls are all still in and I can't map the camera to the right stick so I'll stop playing the game for now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up fixing your controller issue, I think the issue is that it's designed to work with old dinput controllers. I got lucky since I'm using a PS4 controller over a regular 360 pad, I just went and changed the right stick to pretend to be RB/LB and those other camera related buttons. I also went and remapped the

Looks like decent production value and the subject matter seems pretty unique and interesting. It only lists English on interface though, so buyers beware, I suppose.
Wow, a VN set in Taiwan.

JaseC

I remember when you wrote the update would be 5€ or something like that. You got Bamcomed here, Zky.

Also a really strange thing is the game still has no store page, Namco should be really ashamed on what they are doing, but it's a thing they need to do. This is for the players.

Scamco is Sony confirmed.

zkylon

zkylewd
I remember when you wrote the update would be 5&#8364; or something like that. You got Bamcomed here, Zky.

Also a really strange thing is the game still has no store page, Namco should be really ashamed on what they are doing, but it's a thing they need to do. This is for the players.
pretty sure i never said "it would be 5", more like it "should". feel free to look it up, i'm fine to admit i was wrong if i didn't. i actually always thought it'd be 15, which was pretty lame, but i didn't think they'd fragment the community too

and i'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt specially since scamco proved to be pretty alright with the great quality of the dks2 port, the great value of the dlc and having added steamworks

Is Dark Souls 2 +++ coming out today as some news posts said? Still isn't up on steam.
i think it's april 1st

so we can still hope it's some dumb april's fools joke and it'll be free for all

but it won't

sigh...

i wish vns screenshots actually showed dialogue instead of just random waifu pictures

dex3108

Soon we will find out what is in that Square Enix surprise :D Expect giveaways because i already own most of the SE games (except FF).

Soon we will find out what is in that Square Enix surprise :D Expect giveaways because i already own most of the SE games (except FF).

I'm not buying it, I was about to, but I probably have them all.

Now it will have all the FF games I'm missing and I'll sudoku myself >_<

Knurek

UxbIjNo.gif

We need a version of this with Modbot...

Arthea

easter sales about to hit? I'm still not buying anything tho

also today is new HB, Capcpom one for sure

April fools fake news threads are not allowed though.
Life is strange amirite

I've seen twin rainbows yesterday it was snowing a day before yesterday. Surely life is strange.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, should, would. I wanted this to be free (it should be free). The point is Namco really is charging for a patch, here. Sleeping Dogs Definite? You can or you can't buy it, gameplay side is the same game (man, also the graphics are better in vanilla version).
Deus Ex DC is the same thing, SE charged for a patch, but at least the upgrade was 5€.
Not 20€. I'm ok with this "remastered" on PS4/One, they can't really do nothing here except offering a discount to owners of digital version, but they have no reason to avoid save import from PS3/360 version. Blizzard did this with Diablo 3, Gearbox did this with Borderlands Collection, if From didn't it, it's just because they are too lazy to do a proper job. I mean, I think create PS4 version was VERY easy, since PS4 and One are very similar to PC...in fact now the 60 fps durability bug is also on console. Enemy re-allocation is also very easy to do, just change coordinates of spawning enemies and job done.

I really hope for a price glitch or something like that, so everyone can buy this for 1€ on launch, it should teach something to Namco at least.
that's really ignorant, sorry

"good enemy placement" is not easy. encounter design is at the core of why the souls games are great

finding interesting situations to present enemies in so that they interact well with the mechanics is key, and is one of the reason why dks2 failed pretty hard.

it's not only where they're placed, but which combination of enemies, and what their position means in regards to the area they're in

it's very different to fight against an enemy that can knock you back when you're near a ledge than when you're in a corridor

it's definitely not easy, even if it should've been free

Arthea

Uh, I noticed a strange thing: my Max Payne now comes with an IT near the title.
I think this is because each country has its own version, BUT: I had american version, since I traded it for Orcs Must Die. Maybe Valve fixed this?

would you say life is strange?
so valve change regions of already purchased games in your library now? I doubt that, tbh

JaseC

Uh, I noticed a strange thing: my Max Payne now comes with an IT near the title.
I think this is because each country has its own version, BUT: I had american version, since I traded it for Orcs Must Die. Maybe Valve fixed this?

A billion dollars says your account page will show that you've always had the IT version.

JaseC

? Based the version I had was the ROW one. As I wrote I traded it for Orcs must Die, I remember well when I discovered it was english only and on the store there was an italian only version, than contacting Steam support asking them to replace my version with italian oner

So you played the game, realised it didn't support Italian, asked Valve to swap it out and only now realised your request was obliged? ;)

Arthea

So you played the game, realised it didn't support Italian, asked Valve to swap it out and only now realised your request was obliged? ;)

obliged is an awesome word, we should use it on constant basis. Were you obliged? I felt like I am obliged, but in fact I wasn't
OK, I'm obliged to stop now
happy to be obliging!

Both.

Yep.

something was wrong with trading yesterday, trade messages were not disappearing again for me, then a few hours later they did disappear, I assume that has something to do with latest update.

Majukun

managed to enter manually the info in idlemaster since it was stuck on "saving my info"
but now,even though it says i is logged to steam,it gives me an error and it's now stuck loading without idleing anything...
anyone knows the solution?

Deques

I know it's not easy to do a proper enemy placement, I only stated it's easy implement it into the game (like swap coordinates saying "X enemy should spawn on D4").
It's like if Blizzard ask you money to grab a rebalancing patch. That is what From did here, my point was around this thing.

First you say it's easy, then you say it's not?
I think you really need to learn how game development really works. It seems that you believe that people works for free to make an update or upgrade of a game and should release it for free.

Arthea

managed to enter manually the info in idlemaster since it was stuck on "saving my info"
but now,even though it says i is logged to steam,it gives me an error and it's now stuck loading without idleing anything...
anyone knows the solution?

check this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865904

you also should read the text file that comes with idle master (or used to, with earlier versions, not sure about now) how to setup and run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom