• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
What made it worse, was that your class schedule changed day to day due to there being one extra class. Like on Day 1, you'd have classes A through F, and then on Day 2, it would go G through E. It would continue on for the entire year, and your lunch period was dictated by what floor you were on when 12pm hit. I still have nightmares about walking into school without any clue as to what class I was supposed to start in.

We watched Law & Order clips in Street Law. It's how I became a fan.

Lol you would think after a couple months you would remember :p

Also I imagine this is how our President, Vice President and Secretary would be like.

a bit NSFW

Accoun

Everyone should vote for me as your new Class President.

jshackles
Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced student council. SteamGAF Academy will have that council. Better than it was before. Better... stronger... faster.
(Today, 09:13 PM)

[EDIT]
Oh shit, that's class not student council?

Also don't vote for me I'm too shy to become a president of whatever. ;_;

iosefe

too ambitious for me XD I want something low key like Public Relations Officer.

which let be honest is just another term for attention whore. Which I am.

Who?
i mean Fozzie Bear

Fozzie2.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh shit, that's class not student council?

Yeah - student council president. I mean the choice is obvious. Everyone already trusts me with their Steam accounts, and at the end of the day isn't that why we're all here anyway?

Vote for me!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You and me both. It's an interesting concept for sure and I plan to test it out as well.

For the few games I've tried so far (Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Actraiser) it's worked amazingly well.

I also found out that you can switch the client over to "Hardcore" mode, which means you can't use save states or speedhacks so it more closely resembles an actual console which also gives you double points. So far, every achievement that I've earned has "popped" at the right time and I'm amazed that it only takes a small fanbase effort to make the whole thing possible.

Parsnip

For the few games I've tried so far (Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Actraiser) it's worked amazingly well.

I also found out that you can switch the client over to "Hardcore" mode, which means you can't use save states or speedhacks so it more closely resembles an actual console which also gives you double points. So far, every achievement that I've earned has "popped" at the right time and I'm amazed that it only takes a small fanbase effort to make the whole thing possible.

Hardcore mode all the way.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

This sounds really cool, actually. I might try out some games I already have physical copies of later.

jshackles

Where is the cheapest place to get a steam copy of AssCreed Rogue?

The Steam version is only available on Steam. So... Steam.

This sounds really cool, actually. I might try out some games I already have physical copies of later.

I'm definitely not condoning piracy here - be responsible and only play games that you own. I'm resisting the urge to post a picture of my wall of SNES carts.

But yes, RetroAchievements.org is pretty awesome.

tioslash

ModBot said:
Instructions for tioslash:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-6F410B77297AB4F1 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.

t1425679568z1.png

jshackles

I just wish they'd use some decent emulators, instead of Gens and SNES9x forks. :\
(RetroArch spoiled me when it comes to emulation).

If I'm given the choice of a decent emulator or achievements, I'll take achievements every time. So far SNES9x has worked "well enough" and their modified overlay for achievements is actually kinda cool

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't vote irl, i don't see why this should be any different ¬¬

As much as Jase should probably be the president, the role of treasurer was made for him.
yup, i don't want to live in a country where saoirse is president plsss

In high school, I had to eat lunch standing against the wall or sitting at the end of the popular kids' table, hoping they didn't see me.

lol you people are sad

There will be those who get it, and those who have yet to live.

So far, only one person has submitted the correct response.
:<

They aren't that fragile, but I'd definitely recommend keeping it in the box. Or at least finding some other hard container to keep it in. They're like $150-$200 cheaper here, so you should be able to give them some money to make up for any inconvenience transporting it would cause.
i see

well, gotta still convince my friend, ppl don't really like bringing in stuff like that cos it can get them into trouble in customs i guess

Knurek

If I'm given the choice of a decent emulator or achievements, I'll take achievements every time. So far SNES9x has worked "well enough" and their modified overlay for achievements is actually kinda cool

I'm not just talking about decent emulation with RetroArch (although I do pity anyone who uses Gens for playing MegaDrive games this day and age) but things like the amazing shader support, Braid-style rewind and automatic save on exit/load on start are all hard to get by without once you try them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely not condoning piracy here - be responsible and only play games that you own. I'm resisting the urge to post a picture of my wall of SNES carts.

But yes, RetroAchievements.org is pretty awesome.

I intend to. When it comes to emulators, it's to the point where I won't even play fan translations until I own a copy of the game.
Still waiting on my copy of 7th Dragon DS that I ordered last month to show up.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i love how cheese asked for ppl to talk about it in the steam group instead of here and nobody gave two shits about dat

I can't stop people from doing what they do~

Reposting for the new page:

ibfazgwg1PSZmJ.png

W-wha? Check it out here!

Update!

As of right now, the sign-up sheet is now closed! After deleting a few duplicate entries, we still got almost 100 people on the list! And that isn't counting those silly people who didn't sign up that I've already written in. If you still have an edit to your entry you wish to make, please PM me so I can take care of that for you! But that window is closing, as I will be locking down characters by the end of the weekend.

In case you missed it, I've created a new Steam Group for us to use to discuss ideas, share favorite SteamGAF memories, and for me to communicate on progress. Feel free to stop by and chat, too! This will reduce thread clutter from a maddening amount of waifus to only a smattering. Major updates would still be posted in the thread, assuming there are any major updates to post. This post will be one of the last of the major updates for a while.

izaTrdnDP6PO.png

For a fun little extra bit of community involvement, we will be holding SteamGAF Academy Student Council elections! Every school needs that highest-ranking set of students who represent the student body as a whole (Not that kind of body, Milamber) and enact executive decisions when needed. This will give the thread a chance to help shape the future of the game. Major thanks to the resourceful Chariot for the suggestion!

What do I need to do? - Simple! Open up the ballot link and pencil in your choice. Note: Please only use names from this list of students. Any other votes will sadly be discarded. We will be accepting votes until 11PM EST on March 8th. All votes will be tallied after the ballot is closed, but results will not be made public until the game's release. Gotta keep some secrets, you know?

t1425873600z1.png

I only ask that this post be quoted for visibility every once in a while until voting has ended. While I can't stop you from wanting to talk about and joke around about the elections in this thread, I'd like to request it be taken to the Steam group's discussions or chat. Thank you! <3 I will be contacting those who volunteered art assistance once I have the floorplan for the school building down. Now, back to work!

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of piracy i just threw out my giant stack of old pirated pc games from like 10 years ago or something

we had good times together, and i have since bought most of you, but now you all got to go away

i only kept my fallout 2 pirated copy since i already own like 14 different versions of each fallout

I can't stop people from doing what they do~
that's a disturbing thought in the context of visual novels

dex3108

speaking of piracy i just threw out my giant stack of old pirated pc games from like 10 years ago or something

we had good times together, and i have since bought most of you, but now you all got to go away

i only kept my fallout 2 pirated copy since i already own like 14 different versions of each fallout

that's a disturbing thought in the context of visual novels

For me there is big difference between pirates in 90s and early 00s and today. I actually payed pirate copies then XD So in some way i always payed for my games XD

I feel like I used to beat most of the games I started.

Today I had a day off; I started 5 games and finished none.

Velocity 2X (Good, but half was enough)
Receiver (meh)
Pix the Cat (Seemed cool but repetitive)
0RBITALIS (I couldn't get into it)
Risk of Rain (Will definitely play this some more, but expect to lose motivation for replays if I don't start to unlock characters)

rtcn63

I feel like I used to beat most of the games I started.

Today I had a day off; I started 5 games and finished none.

Velocity 2X (Good, but half was enough)
Receiver (meh)
Pix the Cat (Seemed cool but repetitive)
0RBITALIS (I couldn't get into it)
Risk of Rain (Will definitely play this some more, but expect to lose motivation for replays if I don't start to unlock characters)

Once you're old, it's difficult unless you're deeply in that particular mindset, or there's a game you're just itching to play from beginning to end.

zkylon

zkylewd
For me there is big difference between pirates in 90s and early 00s and today. I actually payed pirate copies then XD So in some way i always payed for my games XD
i dunno about today, but piracy in my life has been mostly related to a) me not knowing the difference b) me not knowing where to buy legit stuff and (later) c) legit stuff being impossibly expensive

all of that was fixed with steam (well, maybe not a) which is why i don't pirate games anymore

Given where you live, I understand.
i wouldn't vote anywhere else either since all the options are shit or not gonna win anyways

that's the same here or in the rest of the world as far as i'm concerned

i do vote in my highschool graduates council elections thing every year cos the ppl i like have a chance of winning and doing good shit and have won and done good shit in the past

Yeah, people here sell pirated copies of games at retail stores (and modded consoles, etc)
It's really weird, when you are young you don't know that maybe you are buying something that's wrong.

Turfster

Don't you dare vote for me.

Dragon Age Inquisition is 40% off on Origin for the US and Mexico.

Flying Bundle Addicts bundle mystery titles revealed: Nihilumbra and Doctor Who Adventure Games

zkylon

zkylewd
Zkylon hates democracy and freedom™
but i like videogames!

Yeah, people here sell pirated copies of games at retail stores (and modded consoles, etc)
It's really weird, when you are young you don't know that maybe you are buying something that's wrong.
i think it's wrong ppl are making profit off piracy but i don't think piracy is wrong, specially considering the context

would it be preferable if the devs made money off people playing the games they worked on? sure, but that wasn't a choice here in argieland and probably in many other places in the world and in the end i'd rather kids got to play mario even if it's pirated

so yea zkylon hates democracy, freedom and capitalism

RedFyn

I did, sometimes, but same context. The school was massively overcrowded due to an influx of 400+ freshman my sophmore year. They had to split lunch into four different periods, and it was still an issue.
Did you have to eat in the cafeteria? I had an open campus and half the kids went out to lunch and the other half ate wherever they wanted. Not many people ate in the cafeteria; usually just the few kids who played tcgs.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I always ditched class by lunchtime...I barely passed high school. Wasn't until college that I became a good student.

zkylon

zkylewd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom