• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Dark Souls is kicking my ass before I even arrive in the start menu. Trying to get DSfix to run, but I only get a black screen. Which obviously mean that I am doing something wrong, but I think there isn't so much I could do wrong with the options.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have no idea what Dead State is, but I managed to grab it for free in the promotion, so thanks for reminding me and for +1, I guess. :p
dead state is fantastic

clunky as all fuck, but great nonetheless

essentially x-com meets fallout with zombies

#ZkylonGate?
omg that's awesome

Dark Souls is kicking my ass before I even arrive in the start menu. Trying to get DSfix to run, but I only get a black screen. Which obviously mean that I am doing something wrong, but I think there isn't so much I could do wrong with the options.
disable durantefix (move durantefix .dlls out fo the folder or delete them or whatever), turn off antialiasing in-game, close the game, the enable durantefix again

xBladeM6x

Which Dark Souls are you running? There's the GFWL version, or the recently moved to Steamworks version. (The most recent DSfix only works with the Steamworks version)

Amzin

I voted correctly for every position I'm pretty sure. Including myself for Vice President, because I think I embody the definition of VP: Too sane to be in the front, but excellent at leg work, mediating, logistics, and general reasonability.

Vote for me for VP because who the hell else cares about VP!

Chariot

disable durantefix (move durantefix .dlls out fo the folder or delete them or whatever), turn off antialiasing in-game, close the game, the enable durantefix again
I don't even get ingame. I start the game and then there is only blackness.

Which Dark Souls are you running? There's the GFWL version, or the recently moved to Steamworks version. (The most recent DSfix only works with the Steamworks version)
I don't know. I own the game for a while so I guess ti was the GFWL at some point? I tried to opt in for the steam beta.

Chariot

Ok, it might not even be rooted in DSfix. Just reinstalled the game, deleted the dsfix files and tried to start it - black screen. Hmmhmhmhmhmh
try doing what i said, remove the durantefix files from the dark souls folder and try disabling antialiasing before installing durantefix
Not possible :(

edit: Ok, I just let it be. I am not hardcore enough to even start Dark Souls.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ok, it might not even be rooted in DSfix. Just reinstalled the game, deleted the dsfix files and tried to start it - black screen. HmmhmhmhmhmhNot possible :(

n00b!!!!

Dr Dogg

Good news! AssCreed Rogue Preload is up. Well for me, Jase and Stall that is.

Can't find the source for this. Can you link it? Seems interesting.

Hahaha opps maybe I should have qualified my statement a bit better. For me Doom is made for lefties. Movement controlled by the cursor keys with Ctrl, Shift, Alt and Space all used for firing, strafing, sprinting and interaction it suited me perfectly as someone who is dominantly left handed. Doom also helped foster my Photoshop claw as a lot of the default shortcuts in a whole host of Adobe's applications are in the same area.

rtcn63

Did you have to eat in the cafeteria? I had an open campus and half the kids went out to lunch and the other half ate wherever they wanted. Not many people ate in the cafeteria; usually just the few kids who played tcgs.

Yes. I don't believe we were allowed leave the cafeteria area, although I'm sure a few sneaked into the adjacent gym and restroom. And even then, outside of a takeout Pizzeria (not fitted for internal dining) and corner store, there weren't really any options in walking distance.

zkylon

zkylewd
vy3sa3940ugpmqz2nzm9.gif

wow i love the design of zarya in overwatch, she looks so damn cool

kind of lame that she's basically female heavy but she looks like vi from league of legends so i'm fine with that mix

i really want to play overwatch

Ok, it might not even be rooted in DSfix. Just reinstalled the game, deleted the dsfix files and tried to start it - black screen. HmmhmhmhmhmhNot possible :(

wtf

fucking make it work man, you can't not play dark souls

vy3sa3940ugpmqz2nzm9.gif

wow i love the design of zarya in overwatch, she looks so damn cool

kind of lame that she's basically female heavy but she looks like vi from league of legends so i'm fine with that mix

i really want to play overwatch

What is her equivalent of sandvich?

Mmm, sandvich.
Agh now I want to play TF2.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as even in Pre-Alpha state UT has rekindled my love for fast paced, twitch, arena shooters, Overwatch's beta is going to have to be something pretty spectacular to get me back in to classed based shooters.

Nabs

Dark Souls Noob Tip #101: with DSFix you'll want to unlock the framerate and set it to 60fps . Use "Backspace" to toggle between 30 and 60 in game, important for when you want to slide down large ladders or make important jumps (some FROM games have weird problems with 60fps).

zkylon

zkylewd
So the oddly-pink hair is her sandvich?

:(
what can i say, i'm a superficial person

Dark Souls Noob Tip #101: with DSFix you'll want to unlock the framerate and set it to 60fps . Use "Backspace" to toggle between 30 and 60 in game, important for when you want to slide down large ladders or make important jumps (some FROM games have weird problems with 60fps).

also when you interact with bonfires since those can lock up your game and force you to restart lol

Knurek

Also, even if you can't sustain 60fps for some reason, unlock the framerate anyway, just set it to 30fps.
Otherwise, the game will use original framepacing, meaning everytime it can't make 30fps, it will switch to 15fps

Nabs

Bonfire lockup is so weird. I really hated it back when we had to use GFWL since it took actual time to load up and quit.

Also, even if you can't sustain 60fps for some reason, unlock the framerate anyway, just set it to 30fps.
Otherwise, the game will use original framepacing, meaning everytime it can't make 30fps, it will switch to 15fps

Yup. There are so many people who make up excuses for not unlocking the thing and get stuck with that mess.

Deitus

If we're giving out Dark Souls tips, don't be that guy who uses a lag switch to get a free win every time he gets invaded. No one likes that guy.

Accoun

Wow. Truly the masterpiece of Japanese technology.

RedFyn

Yes. I don't believe we were allowed leave the cafeteria area, although I'm sure a few sneaked into the adjacent gym and restroom. And even then, outside of a takeout Pizzeria (not fitted for internal dining) and corner store, there weren't really any options in walking distance.
Your whole experience sounds awful. I get that they kept you in the cafeteria when they had different times but it just sounds awful not having anywhere to sit.

I was lucky, there's a few places across the street to eat (godfathers doesn't want all the kids coming inside so they sell individual slices out of a side door) and if you have access to a car (some kids sold seats to the kids who didn't) there was a ton of different places 2 min away. Kids would bring back little caesars 5 dollar pizzas and split them with friends or sell them by the slice. If you didn't go out you could pretty much eat wherever you wanted. Open campus is definitely the way to go.

Nabs

Dark Souls Noob Tip #102: Set your game to Windowed Mode and quit out. In DSFix, you can then enable borderlessFullscreen for ultimate borderless windowed mode. It helps fight against sharp drops and tearing.

Miguel81

i don't think anyone argues that

it's a masterpiece of japanese game design

or from's game design, no need to make it a region thing

They certainly know how to provide great atmosphere and their creature designs have been unique and disturbing all the way back to the first King's Field. Cool that they found great success with the Souls games.

Dr Dogg

Fingers crossed now that the Dark Souls Steamworks patch is final, Helifax will update Widescreen Fixer so I can plough through another 21:9 run.

Also speaking of 21:9 and seeing as I just popped over to WSGF, AssCreed Rogue has already been modded for 21:9 and multi monitor setups before it's even out!

rtcn63

Your whole experience sounds awful. I get that they kept you in the cafeteria when they had different times but it just sounds awful not having anywhere to sit.

I'm guessing it was too keep the students safe and under control. The long-time professors would talk about how years back (a decade or so most likely), there were situations involving gangs attacking the area surrounding the school and even the school itself. I mean, when I was there, it wasn't exactly Dangerous Minds (this is a fairly small, if shitty town). Fights did happen, and people were affiliated with this or that, but nothing worth making a movie about.

zkylon

zkylewd
They certainly know how to provide great atmosphere and their creature designs have been unique and disturbing all the way back to the first King's Field. Cool that they found great success with the Souls games.
i kind of want to try the king's field games some day but knowing from's fondness for spiders i don't really want to go through brighstone cove in first person

citizen kane HD REMASTER

Nabs

Fingers crossed now that the Dark Souls Steamworks patch is final, Helifax will update Widescreen Fixer so I can plough through another 21:9 run.

Also speaking of 21:9 and seeing as I just popped over to WSGF, AssCreed Rogue has already been modded for 21:9 and multi monitor setups before it's even out!

I'm in need of another 21:9 run. My last one was great but the photos didn't come out so hot. The colors were really off, and I think the contrast was killing my shots half the time. Oh well!

edit: It looks like 21:9 should be working with widescreenfixer. I'll check it out.

Dr Dogg

And because I'm just crazy for AssCreed Rogue at the mo, here's the graphics options (capped for a Youtube vid where I'm not sure where the dude got their copy from)

AA options look like they're lacking but HBAO (doesn't look like Nvidia's plus sadly) out the box is a nice inclusion as is the omission of PhysX. Performance looks really, really good too!

I'm in need of another 21:9 run. My last one was great but the photos didn't come out so hot. The colors were really off, and I think the contrast was killing my shots half the time. Oh well!

edit: It looks like 21:9 should be working with widescreenfixer. I'll check it out.

Ooh nice, I'll have to have a look at that soonish.

Momentary

Banned
Man... DB XV has definitely made Bandai Namco pretty happy. They've had to have hit the 500,000 mark by now with that thing being up there for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom