• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

Exactly. I really hope there's a way to remove them from the game or give them invincibility.

"... but you have no problems killing pedestrians?". Well, I have a problem with killing beings I view as "innocent". Infants, cats, dogs that don't look like they can rip your head off, etc.

To be fair, you don't need to qualify your empathy. It's common for people to extend more empathy to smaller mammals they view as more helpless than themselves. :p

mrpookles

Played AC Rogue for an hour so. Locked 60fps with everything maxed at 1440p.

Obviously doesn't look as good as Unity, but hey, they got it right for once.

I don't understand why people think the police station level in Hotline Miami is the hardest, it was pretty easy to me, maybe I was lucky, but to me level 10 was harder.

Milamber

That's weird, I went to check on the price of AC:Rouge and I can't seem to buy it. The buy option is not there...
SSndMiM.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
"Chave ainda não gerada, pode estar havendo um atraso da produtora."

whelp

I don't understand why people think the police station level in Hotline Miami is the hardest, it was pretty easy to me, maybe I was lucky, but to me level 10 was harder.

hardest is by far the hospital

How similar to Black Flag is it?
i mean are any ass games any different from each other?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq3yBV3e_UE

You know it's the little things that get my excited for PC GTA V.

2 years waiting, this will be worth it.
fuck this

you're horrible

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I'm smackdab right in Dubai.

Why only Rogue? The other Asses were buyable. Why only this Ass?

Well, technically you can still buy it by visiting the US store and checking out (though you'll need to switch back to your usual store in another tab if you don't have Steam Wallet credit/a local saved payment method). Unless games are generally a little cheaper in your region, you're looking at $50 for the standard edition and $60 for the DDE.

The more I think back on it, the more I realize how much I enjoyed the Evil Within outside of the last chapter. Really looking forward to playing the DLC, although it might wait until this weekend. Sometimes I find it hard to find the will to play games after a 12 hour long night shift knowing I have to go right back ;-;

Milamber

Well, technically you can still buy it by visiting the US store and checking out (though you'll need to switch back to your usual store in another tab if you don't have Steam Wallet credit/a local saved payment method). Unless games are generally a little cheaper in your region, you're looking at $50 for the standard edition and $60 for the DDE.

Oh well. I'm in no hurry anyway. Maybe it's just Ubi's screwup and it'll be fixed later.

Man, I'm really itchy. Still more than 8 hours left until Cities releases.

It's also a bit worrying that GMG still got no codes in yet.

Dr Dogg

Oh so another site is jumping on the bandwagon of PC Port analysis. Though you'd think they'd Inform themselves and potential readers (tee hee) about not only the facets of the platform they are analysing and even check of what they are saying applies to said game under the microscope.

This paragraph says it all.
Visual quality
The PC version runs in native 1080p with plenty of options for high-resolution textures. Anti-aliasing kills most of the jaggies that are absolutely everywhere on old-gen. The ocean looks great whether you're taking a dip or blasting cannons at the enemy.
Rogue doesn't run at a 'native 1080p' but what ever resolution your system has available to query and your hardware can handle. It also still has a 16:9 presentation out the box so single and triple monitor resolutions are fine but 21:9 needs a few tweaks to get running.

I don't know in what world having texture quality settings of Normal and High would be considered 'plenty of options for high res textures'. Sure I've seen titles with none and texture quality is pretty good but even at 2560x1440 Rogue barely touches 1.5gb of VRAM where as for comparison Black Flag has a couple more levels of scalability and will use 2.4gb of VRAM at the same resolution and AA setting (though higher quality AO and Shadows are eating into that too).

Also it only has a low quality implementation of FXAA as it's sole AA option that provides poor coverage which really the only way you notice a significant reduction in aliasing is if you have a resolution of 3840x2160 or more in combination.

There's definitely a place for PC Port analysis on a per game level out there but Christ if you're going to do it, give it the effort and depth of info required to inform readers with hardware spanning masses of different combinations.

DSO started off with good intentions but at this point they're a bunch of hacks. Comparing 'Low to High' with no context to which graphical settings let alone their relative performance cost and further pushes this narrative of 'Ultra or Death!'. Even for a preview it's not a wise idea, just show of what the game looks like on PC as an appetiser as it looks leaps and bounds over the console versions as a way a drawing a crowd to your full article. There is a total of 12 scalable graphics options in Rogue each scalable in various degrees plus resolutions support, borderless window support at last and I'm not sure as I haven't dropped bellow ~55fps bur I think Vsync is back to triple buffered (when in fullscreen but after I found out it had a borderless option out the box I slapped that on and won't look back).

There's plenty to talk about, test and analyse but I've provided more info on this post of the top of my head than either of those two article have.

DocSeuss

Assassin's Creed Rogue is like Black Flag if Black Flag were a lot less bloated in terms of main story. What story there is moves on at a nice, brisk pace. Game's fun as heck--seems like the best Assassin's Creed since... Brotherhood, maybe.

It's more polished, has some really tiny gameplay tweaks (controls seem to flow a bit better and I'm not having the game disobey me nearly as much as it did in Black Flag)... yeah. I like this quite a bit.

Oh, and it feels better written than Black Flag.

Dr Dogg

Assassin's Creed Rogue is like Black Flag if Black Flag were a lot less bloated in terms of main story. What story there is moves on at a nice, brisk pace. Game's fun as heck--seems like the best Assassin's Creed since... Brotherhood, maybe.

I found the short length of the main story helped keep the missions fresh and punchy and mixed it up from start to finish. One thing I noticed straight away how immediate the game was, after just a handful of missions you have had a whole bevy of tools and mechanics open to you and you're pretty much free to explore off the bat (though I'd say better wait until Sequence 3 to have access to the 'proper' ship upgrades).

The main Sequences might be able to be knocked out in 7-8 hours but there's 25-30 hours of list checking and collectable grabbing as well as Naval battles and basic puzzle solving to be had.

It's more polished, has some really tiny gameplay tweaks (controls seem to flow a bit better and I'm not having the game disobey me nearly as much as it did in Black Flag)... yeah. I like this quite a bit.

Oh, and it feels better written than Black Flag.
A spinoff better than the mainline? Now you have my attention.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
You guys have kind of made me want Cities: Skylines even though I was terrible at Sim City 2000 and haven't ever played another city builder sim.

Chariot

Crosspost from the Cities Thread for anyone who bought Cities: Skyline from nuuvem like me.

lmao. I send a google translated portugese email to the nuuvem support to ask when they activate the keys. Got this back:
Hi Chariot,

Feel free to speak english.

The key of Cities Skylines will be sent out tomorrow, Mar 10th, as of 15 hrs (CET).

Atenciosamente,
Silvio

Sölf

Bwahaha. xD

And grah, I want to play Hotline 2, but I don't have time in the next few days and still so many other games to play. I probably wait for a sale. D:

Dr Dogg

Total Bisquit will have a field day... or will he. What a dichotomy to have, a love for all things Blizzard but a hatred towards lack of FOV sliders.

wilflare

so much hardware garbo announced these few days :(
when can we go back to a golden age of hardware releases

is there ever such a time?

JaseC

Crosspost from the Cities Thread for anyone who bought Cities: Skyline from nuuvem like me.

lmao. I send a google translated portugese email to the nuuvem support to ask when they activate the keys. Got this back:

When I was a kid I put together an e-mail with building ideas for a Knights & Merchants sequel and used Google to translate what I'd written to German before sending it to Joymania; I had to resend it in English as apparently the rough translation didn't make much sense, haha. I'm fairly certain a fisherman's hut was on the list, which is one of the new additions included in the Peasants' Rebellion expansion that released a few years after KaM proper, so I like to think I was responsible for that. ;)

Ozium

1851 seeing as that was the start of the more international World's Fair :p

When the city of Atlantis stood serene above the sea, long time before our time when the world was free..

Those were the days.

Golden cymbals flying on ocarina sounds, before wild Medusa's serpents gave birth to hell disguised as heaven.

Miguel81

Played some RE6 Mercs last night. Couldn't seem to get higher than a B rating. My reaction time for those counters is atrocious. Still need to unlock the Time Bonus + for a bit of help. Otoh, my campaign runs were pretty decent on a replay(mostly A and S ranks) on Pro. I'll leave No Hope difficulty by the wayside, as I don't think I have it in me.

JaseC

Played AC Rogue for an hour so. Locked 60fps with everything maxed at 1440p.

Obviously doesn't look as good as Unity, but hey, they got it right for once.

I was toying with the idea of making a PC performance thread later, but it seems like there's little need.

Phinor

Total Bisquit will have a field day... or will he. What a dichotomy to have, a love for all things Blizzard but a hatred towards lack of FOV sliders.

I don't think he has blind love towards anything in the field of gaming. Anyway, he already weighed his opinion on the matter on Twitter and completely lands on the side of FOV slider, even giving an alternative option ie. choice between three FOV presets that should satisfy most people.

Obviously Blizzard will have to do something about it unless they plan to make their Overwatch money on consoles. You don't want any extra toxicity towards your game and leaving very basic PC features out of a first person shooter would be doing exactly that.

Chariot

When I was a kid I put together an e-mail with building ideas for a Knights & Merchants sequel and used Google to translate what I'd written to German before sending it to Joymania; I had to resend it in English as apparently the rough translation didn't make much sense, haha. I'm fairly certain a fisherman's hut was on the list, which is one of the new additions included in the Peasants Rebellion expansion that released a few years after KaM proper, so I like to think I was responsible for that. ;)
Awww that's so cool. I never thought of mailing a developer ideas and recommendation. I am sure there were at least happy that one of their fans cared that much.

milena87

I've now watched a few different people playing Cities Skylines and what I noticed is that most of them have no idea how buses, metros and trains actually work in real life.

There was one streamer in particular, he made a single bus line run through his entire city.

Anyway, I'll try to make an eco-friendly city this time. In SimCity 2000 I usually created these monstrous cities without any trace of green. Or water. Or public transportation. I have no idea how my citiziens survived.
In my defence, I was 8 at the time.

Arthea

so long, folks, it was fun while it lasted.
Atelier Shallie releases today, thus PS3 1, steam 0.
I'm actually kidding, but I mostly will be playing Shallie when I get my hands on it, that part is true

I've now watched a few different people playing Cities Skylines and what I noticed is that most of them have no idea how buses, metros and trains actually work in real life.

There was one streamer in particular, he made a single bus line run through his entire city.

Anyway, I'll try to make an eco-friendly city this time. In SimCity 2000 I usually created these monstrous cities without any trace of green. Or water. Or public transportation. I have no idea how my citiziens survived.
In my defence, I was 8 at the time.

Actually doing crazy things in city builders is quite entertaining, not all allow that, but some do and I would consider it a positive thing. Earthquakes, tornadoes and such are less fun, tho.

Chariot

so long, folks, it was fun while it lasted.
Atelier Shallie releases today, thus PS3 1, steam 0.
I'm actually kidding, but I mostly will be playing Shallie when I get my hands on it, that part is true
Well, Steam has Cities: Skylines in their playfield.
PS3 1, Steam 1, Arsenal 2

Dr Dogg

man I just read a book that talked about such fairs in late imperial China/early republican China - so much fun stuff.

Apple Watch
Samsung S6
- so far, I'm disappointed :(

When the city of Atlantis stood serene above the sea, long time before our time when the world was free..

Those were the days.

Golden cymbals flying on ocarina sounds, before wild Medusa's serpents gave birth to hell disguised as heaven.

Well we may not look at things like the electric light bulb, widespread street lighting, the telephone, radio communication and broadcasting etc, etc. as anything special but back in the late 19th century and early 20th stuff like that was black magic!

I was toying with the idea of making a PC performance thread later, but it seems like there's little need.

I was debating bumping up the OT seeing as it's still sat in gaming and only a measly 5 pages long. Then again all 5 peeps on GAF probably playing Rogue are posting about it in here.

I don't think he has blind love towards anything in the field of gaming. Anyway, he already weighed his opinion on the matter on Twitter and completely lands on the side of FOV slider, even giving an alternative option ie. choice between three FOV presets that should satisfy most people.

Obviously Blizzard will have to do something about it unless they plan to make their Overwatch money on consoles. You don't want any extra toxicity towards your game and leaving very basic PC features out of a first person shooter would be doing exactly that.

Sorry my comment was more tongue in cheek than anything serious.

Arthea

this looks like a lot of fun, a pity it's a kickstarter game

Also I hope you already voted for this RPG, another kickstarter game, British one btw :)
hopefully their kickstarter is successful one.

edited: valve need to remove casual tag entirely, all games on greenlight are tagged casual, I'm not even kidding, it's like having tag "a game" these days, totally useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom