• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Am I the only one (of course not) that did not like Hotline Miami.

I couldnt really get into this game. Everyone praised it, but somehow I was playing it and was wondering why so many people liked it.

I liked it and I didn't. It's one of those games that, when it clicks, you're just plowing through missions and having a blast. Otherwise it's more nuisance, and the game gets repetitive quickly.

Momentary

Banned
Is $13.49 the cheapest for Hotline Miami 2? I'm looking at getting the special edition for that soundtrack. The GMG code doesn't seem to work on it... First time I ever ran into an excluded GMG title.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borealis -- MB-9A86CF1B4149478A - Taken by Oreoleo. 1 entrants total.
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-A5B6A16D262D41E4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

t1425952830z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is $13.49 the cheapest for Hotline Miami 2? I'm looking at getting the special edition for that soundtrack. The GMG code doesn't seem to work on it... First time I ever ran into an excluded GMG title.

~$11-$12 at Nuuvem is the cheapest I believe for the special edition

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Borealis -- MB-2E5E3AF9A22198CC - Taken by ExoSoul - Taken by Naked Snake
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-100CFCCA4E8B26D3 - Taken by texhnolyze
ASTRO EMPORIA -- MB-7A4FC97836272847 - Taken by Cth

Am I the only one (of course not) that did not like Hotline Miami.

I couldnt really get into this game. Everyone praised it, but somehow I was playing it and was wondering why so many people liked it.
A big part of it is the music. The game would be only okay without it, but it becomes a really unique experience in combination. The visuals, the gameplay, the theme and the audio - everything just fits together extremely well.

Turfster

They had it ported to OGL and fixed up nicely. I'm sure there are still bugs depending on setup and karma, but it's nothing like launch.

It was slightly better after the OGL port, but that ate my progress and gave me another weird bug somewhere near the start, so I gave up on it then.

Skyrim developed by less than five people? What could go wrong...
It can hardly crash and burn fast enough.
Anyways, have you played it? What's the current state of the game?

Haha, pretty much what I have in mind. They're actually shouting "Skyrim meets Dark Souls", what a huge benchmark to accomplish.
Haven't tried the game yet, just watched a couple of recent videos. Graphics looks hot (it's Cryengine) and I got Risen/Gothic feeling from the UI alone. Animation still need some work though. Early access reviews are positive, so there's still hope I guess.

Jawmuncher

I just can't shake this odd feeling with Lords of Shadow 2. The modern day stuff just doesn't mesh as well as they seem to think. Feels like i'm playing another game with a mod for Belmont.

FloatOn

work is going to take forever thanks to hotline miami 2 coming out. just waiting for me to go home and play.

I haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time

zkylon

zkylewd
i really had the worst luck ever by having my video card burn just a month after i replaced my psu

i the the impression that the 550w psu i bought last month won't be able to handle the 280x i'm looking at and it feels like a big waste to replace a videocard and not upgrade (i dunno how much of an upgrade a 270x be over my old 560gtx ti)

such a shitty couple a months for my poor computer

Haha, pretty much what I have in mind. They're actually shouting "Skyrim meets Dark Souls", what a huge benchmark to accomplish.
Haven't tried the game yet, just watched a couple of recent videos. Graphics looks hot (it's Cryengine) and I got Risen/Gothic feeling from the UI alone. Animation still need some work though. Early access reviews are positive, so there's still hope I guess.

I appreciate their lofty goal, but aiming so high right at the start is just begging for a decade-long dev cycle that's bankrupted seven years too early. I feel like half the games on Steam Early Access have this sort of aim; trying to be either Skyrim 10 or Minecraft Sequel 9,000 with neither the experience nor budget to believably pull it off.

For some reason I find myself thinking of DRAGON THE GAME as well.

Whats the cheapest Dragonball Xenoverse you could get right now?

Edit: Okay. Found a european copy for like 15€.

That sounds... too good to be true. It's like $50 and sold out everywhere physically.

Trust before transaction.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
12 hour plane ride and a few weeks with no gaming access, 2012 MBA only, no controller

installed:
a bird story, crusader kings ii, jazzpunk, kami, last inua, legions of ashworld, leviathan the last day of the decade, lyne, mini metro, pop methodology experiment one, puzzle agent 2, reus, squishy the suicidal pig, sunless sea

will all of these play ok? are they good? any suggestions?

zkylon

zkylewd
12 hour plane ride and a few weeks with no gaming access, 2012 MBA only, no controller

installed:
a bird story, crusader kings ii, jazzpunk, kami, last inua, legions of ashworld, leviathan the last day of the decade, lyne, mini metro, pop methodology experiment one, puzzle agent 2, reus, squishy the suicidal pig, sunless sea

i think lyne is kind of good if a bit tedious, a bird story is pretty forgetable compared to to the moon and i didn't care much for jazzpunk but that's like a primarily humor-based game so ymmv

haven't played any of the rest but sunless sea looks very interesting

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

installed:

Might as well pair up Civ V with Crusader Kings II. That could eat up all free time in and of itself.

Maniac

Banned
i really had the worst luck ever by having my video card burn just a month after i replaced my psu

i the the impression that the 550w psu i bought last month won't be able to handle the 280x i'm looking at and it feels like a big waste to replace a videocard and not upgrade (i dunno how much of an upgrade a 270x be over my old 560gtx ti)

such a shitty couple a months for my poor computer

Get a 970 if you can afford it. The 500 megs are, contrary to the shitstorm, not at all a big deal and the speeds are still fast enough for most use-cases. And it's really low power, too. Hell, I'd even say go for a 960 if power and cost is a worry. The new architecture has amazing efficiency.

Get a 970 if you can afford it. The 500 megs are, contrary to the shitstorm, not at all a big deal and the speeds are still fast enough for most use-cases. And it's really low power, too. Hell, I'd even say go for a 960 if power and cost is a worry. The new architecture has amazing efficiency.

A 970 costs a lot here, it's way out of their budget (a 280x can be had for 3500 pesos, a 970 costs almost double)

960 isn't as attractive as a 280x, and weirdly enough, it costs more here.

installed:
crusader kings ii, leviathan the last day of the decade, puzzle agent 2,

are they good?

I played Crusader Kings II for a bit. It's complex. You'd probably spend the whole flight trying to get over the learning curve.

I played Leviathan the Last Day of the Decade. It's a good story told with numerous spelling and grammatical errors (although apparently they released a patch with some community proofreading? I didn't test that yet.) It has more point and click elements than most visual novels - you can collect inventory items, some of which are optional, and they carry over from one chapter to the next. It might serve as an adequate diversion. Some of the graphics are downright uncalley valley horrifying, though.

I played Puzzle Agent 2. It's...not Puzzle Agent 1. The puzzles are alright, but the story is a lot weirder than the original and not as fun. It's not bad, but if you played the first one you'll constantly compare it and find it wanting.

installed:

Reus isn't good... Really... But it is the type of game you could get six or so fun hours out of before you realise it.

Puzzle agent 2 is a good throw away experience for a few hours. It is just all too strange to really recommend unless you are in the mood.

Hexcells or battle worlds kronos are other experiences which might fit. I love battle worlds for some very old school tbs. it runs on ipad so I assume the specs are lowish.

Maniac

Banned
A 970 costs a lot here, it's way out of their budget (a 280x can be had for 3500 pesos, a 970 costs almost double)

960 isn't as attractive as a 280x, and weirdly enough, it costs more here.

Damn, that sucks. And atleast the awful prices here are consistent in how EVERYTHING is super expensive.

Everytime I see someone selling a 970 for $300~ I want to break down and cry. The very cheapest 970 here is about $500. It's madness

Aaaaaand I hope zky finds a decent GPU then. The 200 series from AMD is an absolute bitch when it comes to powerdraw :/
And I'm pretty sure it will still be better than Skyrim either way :p

Meh. I think it'll have a hard time beating the highs of Skyrim, but overall Skyrim had too many lows for the highs to be of significance, so... I too, sadly, am confident it'll have an easy time being better. :p

Damn, that sucks. And atleast the awful prices here are consistent in how EVERYTHING is super expensive.

Everytime I see someone selling a 970 for $300~ I want to break down and cry. The very cheapest 970 here is about $500. It's madness

Aaaaaand I hope zky finds a decent GPU then. The 200 series from AMD is an absolute bitch when it comes to powerdraw :/

Meh. I think it'll have a hard time beating the highs of Skyrim, but overall Skyrim had too many lows for the highs to be of significance, so... I too, sadly, am confident it'll have an easy time being better. :p

I'd bet that 550w will be enough anyway. The rest of the system isn't OCed or anything.

Parsnip

I'm happy I still have Cold, Cold, Heart to play before AK's release. :D

Cold Cold Heart was a bit of a disappointment to be honest. They didn't do anything interesting with the setting I think. And the heat gloves (that come with the heat suit) are basically palette swap shock gloves.

For Arkham Knight I hope they can make the boss fights interesting.
Mr. Freeze fight in Arkham City on hardest difficulty is still the pinnacle of the series in that sense, nothing comes even close.

Whoever decided that stealth sections should be in lords of shadows 2 wasn't very smart. They're so badly implemented its not even funny.
Yeah, they really have no place in that game. Thankfully they are short and there's only a handful of them.

Maniac

Banned
Puzzle Agent 2 won't boot up so *blows raspberries*

Already demolished all three Hexcells games.

Minesweeper mustard race, my brother.

(Just kidding, I'm awful at Minesweeper. Hexcells is 2gd though. I'm still enjoying the random ones in Infinite)
I'd bet that 550w will be enough anyway. The rest of the system isn't OCed or anything.

If it's not an aftermarket cooler with a heavier powerdraw or some atrocious, outdated, power-hungry CPU, then it shouldn't be a problem I imagine.

Although a 290 easily could be. Some of those thangs are ridiculous :p
i can't afford that ._.

Get savin' <3

Just kidding. I think..? I mean, I've no idea what you live off of, but if it was me... I'd probably...

Well, I'd just not buy any GPU at all since it would take me 3 months' pay to buy a 970, and that's without the whole 'Needing to eat food' thing. :p

edit: I'm off to bed, it's 4 am here... Nighty nightles peoples!

Sweet dreams ya'll :)

zkylon

zkylewd

i can't afford that ._.

zkylon

zkylewd
Get savin' <3

Just kidding. I think..? I mean, I've no idea what you live off of, but if it was me... I'd probably...

Well, I'd just not buy any GPU at all since it would take me 3 months' pay to buy a 970, and that's without the whole 'Needing to eat food' thing. :p

edit: I'm off to bed, it's 4 am here... Nighty nightles peoples!

Sweet dreams ya'll :)

i'm unemployed so the 280x is already a stretch for me

can't save money if i'm not making any

Nabs

Danny is always around the Gamespot office in California, I see him usually every week on Unprofessional Fridays. I doubt that is UK time.

The thread wasn't about Danny, it was about a different reviewer from the UK. He edited the post once someone posted that tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom